Team-BHP - The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/87122-journey-my-new-anhc-csd-buying-guide-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom76 (Post 2034587)
The IT guys are watching sir...

I was told that IT department asks for list of people who buy cars without loans from dealerships. Not sure to what extend this is true.

HAHA...all hard earned money...khun pasina ka kamai and all :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd (Post 2035718)
This sounds workable, since you would be remitting the money to the bank directly.

IMHO, the agreement should say something about whether the loan is on a fixed interest rate terms or otherwise.

Well, I paid the money today...so he has committed to have delivery ready by mid next week. Will have to wait for the actual joining kit from Kotak to know how badly i'm being screwed!!

FYI To all though..interest rates went up from Wednesday across all banks...so now i believe it's around 0.5 to 1% higher.

Congrats and also beware! You are buying a black car and that too in the extreme conditions of north india;)
It will need extra care at your end for sure. NOTHING in this world can protect against scratches, so forget it if you are expecting the so called Teflon coating to do that. That said, if you are someone who cannot put the required effort in, you should take the package for the 3M treatment which will give you a glaze, sealant and wax( as for these 3)
Also be VERY VERY careful that the dealer does not wipe the dust on the car with a cloth, it will cause swirls for SURE. Not sure how can you prevent that, just keep telling him you are ok with taking a dusty car( if you are not taking the 3M treatment)
You can also buy a good micro fiber and give that ahead and say wipe with that if they must.
That said, i will be very surprised if your car come with Zero or very few swirls as the dealers are just ignorant of something called as swirls.

Now coming to post delivery, treatment or no treatment, swirls will come if incorrect wiping methods are used. You need a car duster, especially in the north where dust is ample. Water needs to be minimized on the car and duster used to remove dust.
If there is a need to wipe it, wipe with a fully wet quality micro fiber. For washing, only a quality wash mitt should be used.
This is just the beginning and just a little bit i could share. For black cars, a lot more is required but you need to mention how much you can do as effort and i can share more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2036198)
Congrats and also beware! You are buying a black car and that too in the extreme conditions of north india;)
It will need extra care at your end for sure. NOTHING in this world can protect against scratches, so forget it if you are expecting the so called Teflon coating to do that. That said, if you are someone who cannot put the required effort in, you should take the package for the 3M treatment which will give you a glaze, sealant and wax( as for these 3)
Also be VERY VERY careful that the dealer does not wipe the dust on the car with a cloth, it will cause swirls for SURE. Not sure how can you prevent that, just keep telling him you are ok with taking a dusty car( if you are not taking the 3M treatment)
You can also buy a good micro fiber and give that ahead and say wipe with that if they must.
That said, i will be very surprised if your car come with Zero or very few swirls as the dealers are just ignorant of something called as swirls.

Now coming to post delivery, treatment or no treatment, swirls will come if incorrect wiping methods are used. You need a car duster, especially in the north where dust is ample. Water needs to be minimized on the car and duster used to remove dust.
If there is a need to wipe it, wipe with a fully wet quality micro fiber. For washing, only a quality wash mitt should be used.
This is just the beginning and just a little bit i could share. For black cars, a lot more is required but you need to mention how much you can do as effort and i can share more.

Wow, MKH...you are now my guru! I've had a black Santro XO for the last few years, and I'm well aware how much of a challenge it is to keep your black beauty scratch free! :) A few points:
- I was able to find a 3M 'scotch brite' microfibre cloth...but that was during a trip in Food World, Bangalore. This was a very small size (suitable for cleaning LCD screens etc.) Where did you get yours from?
- I was just reading your other post where you were detailing the process with imported materials. Tell me, the 3M process -- would you recommend that? How much (approx) does it cost, and do they do it at the dealership?
- The real terror are the car cleaners who come in the morning, as they are least bothered about the well being of your shining car. I've always made my guy hose down the car so that the dust is removed, and then clean/wipe using those horrible 'yellow' cloths. I gather that you frown upon washing. Why is that? Isn't it better to remove the dust?

Would really look forward to any tips you can share. Sigh, after all this -- i just hope some stupid clot-head doesn't walk past her and scratch her with a sharp stone just for the hell of it.

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2036662)
Wow, MKH...you are now my guru! I've had a black Santro XO for the last few years, and I'm well aware how much of a challenge it is to keep your black beauty scratch free! :) A few points:
- I was able to find a 3M 'scotch brite' microfibre cloth...but that was during a trip in Food World, Bangalore. This was a very small size (suitable for cleaning LCD screens etc.) Where did you get yours from?
- I was just reading your other post where you were detailing the process with imported materials. Tell me, the 3M process -- would you recommend that? How much (approx) does it cost, and do they do it at the dealership?
- The real terror are the car cleaners who come in the morning, as they are least bothered about the well being of your shining car. I've always made my guy hose down the car so that the dust is removed, and then clean/wipe using those horrible 'yellow' cloths. I gather that you frown upon washing. Why is that? Isn't it better to remove the dust?

Would really look forward to any tips you can share. Sigh, after all this -- i just hope some stupid clot-head doesn't walk past her and scratch her with a sharp stone just for the hell of it.

:)

1. Water is only when essential as it has salt and when you pour water, its a tough task to dry off all areas. If its only dust, then you should have a car duster and remove it. If its mud, you need water for sure. Also - save water, its good for our future:). Washing means another round of cloth goes over, and potential to have swirls so unless really essential, do not wash. If you apply good layers of sealant and wax, washing will be lesser and whenever you do, easier.
2. 3M cloth is not sold in retail at all, if you need you gotta fight hard, PM me if you are interested in the Blue Scoth Brite Cloth that is used at the 3M detailing centers. Use that completely wet after removing dust and wiping( even if you are hosing down). Dont use anything else to wipe else you will get swirls. Ideally get a chamois to wipe a wet car.
3.3M treatment is done at the dealership, it will be like 5.5K and they will give you two coupons for repeat applications after 3 months each. You can also visit divine carz spa, a BHP member Sohail99 had gone there and he is another big time detailer, he found them good. I had just met the carz spa CEO yesterday and they are good. You can get a round of swirl removal with a coating of sealant and wax( they use meguiars products). Maybe if you can shell out the money and cannot dedicate the time to do with hand, take a membership package and in between just maintain using a car duster, washing with mitt and wiping with micro fiber.
If you can however take the time out and source the required products, you can get a one time swirl removal done with sealant ( which should be about 3K at the MOST) and then maintain ownself.
If you are going to depend on the cleaning guys, suggest forget about sourcing products etc, just get a one time swirl removal and sealant application, get a duster and micro and give that to those guys. Once in maybe 1 year, get another round of treatment done based on the condition.

Hi congrats on the new car.You got a great deal.Please keep updating.

If are going for Garware sunfilms go for Ice cool series.I am a satisfied customer of the ICE cool grand and ICE cool Shield(Front).Can refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-2.html

@monkey wrench-first of all nice user nameclap:

Congrats for the anhc.Maintaining a black colored vehicle is a bit painful as dust is easily visible.
83K savings is damn good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mevtec (Post 2037310)
Hi congrats on the new car.You got a great deal.Please keep updating.

If are going for Garware sunfilms go for Ice cool series.I am a satisfied customer of the ICE cool grand and ICE cool Shield(Front).Can refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-2.html

Hey Mevtec, yeah a friend of mine has the same one installed in his OHC, and he swears by it. The only thing is that I notice a slight 'green' tinge while sitting inside his car. Does the film come with different tints? Since my car will be black, green will not necessarily match with it. Question Is 70% visibility for the front and back glass enough? After driving it around, is it comfortable on a dark highway too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 2037401)
@monkey wrench-first of all nice user nameclap:

Congrats for the anhc.Maintaining a black colored vehicle is a bit painful as dust is easily visible.
83K savings is damn good.

Haha, thanks! :) It came to me randomly at the spur of the moment...probably because I had been using a torsion screwdriver to fix my wife's dosa-tawa a while before I created the ID! :)

Thanks for all your wishes...it's the FINAL countdown now. ANHC should be in my hands by mid of next week. Unfortunately I am currently down with viral fever, so I'm not pushing too much. Recovering now, but still feeling pretty weak! :(

anybody knows about a similar tie-up thing for tata-fiat dealerships? I might be able to get a linea processed from ahmedabad and it would be fantastic if the delivery could be from within NCR!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr (Post 2048209)
anybody knows about a similar tie-up thing for tata-fiat dealerships? I might be able to get a linea processed from ahmedabad and it would be fantastic if the delivery could be from within NCR!

Why don't you check with the agent that I'm using (Noida Auto). I've had a reasonably good experience so far...I'm expecting delivery of the car tomorrow (fingers crossed). There's been a 2-3 day delay, but that was more because of the papers not being signed in the canteen.

If I get delivery tomorrow as promised, then I'll be able to give you a comprehensive thumbs up or down whether the agent made good on his promises.

Welcome to Noida Auto

Ladies and gentlemen! It's finally here!

I haven't managed to take proper pictures, but here are two rather grainy ones taken from my mobile.

Waiting for pooja at the mandir:
The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide-car2.jpg

Just arrived.
The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide-car1.jpg

The dealership experience @ Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon wasn't the best...and there are several things I'm not too happy about. I'll post a full report in a bit...right now I'm on the way to Divine Auto Spa (recommended by MKH)...spoke to them and they seem quite professional.

Finally!!

Congratulations

Enjoy the ride, black looks stunning.

Congrats..A nice decision indeed. By the way, in whose name the car is registered? Is it in your fathers name ? I guess, you would have paid the entire amount cash down instead of taking a loan?

Many congratulations. This color looks awesome. It was my first choice before the ladies in the family utilized their veto powers.

Woah M-W what a Car and what a Colour!! AWESOME..:)

Guess it will take sometime for you to get over this Euphoria, but please post some detailed review along with some snaps at the earliest.

Wish you many Happy miles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2037469)
Question Is 70% visibility for the front and back glass enough? After driving it around, is it comfortable on a dark highway too?

Hey Monkey Wrench nice set of wheels you have there. Congrats and welcome to the club. I have CR70 on the front windscreen (from 3M) and havent had any issues with visibility. You would get used to them if you havent used these earlier. Also a few ANHC owners on the forum have upgraded their headlights...you may want to consider that if you find that the tints are too dark for your comfort. Good Luck and happy mile munching with your ANHC