Team-BHP - The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/87122-journey-my-new-anhc-csd-buying-guide-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 2066476)
One good thing i find about not having auto-lock is that car wont get locked with keys inside the car. It happened few times with my Old Zen with autocops, then i had to remove the door rubber and open door forcefully with a scale.

Thats true. The ANHC has a anti lock-out feature though, which makes the car keep beeping (like my wife scolds me) if you forget to take the key out. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2065350)
I start the car, but the doors remain unlocked unless I manually lock them.

Yes, personally, I feel they should have built-in some intelligence like say the doors get locked when the speedometer hits 10 kmph or so(I think this feature is built-in to few of the other cars in the market).

Quote:

Also when I switch off, they remain locked unless I manually unlock them.

I like this feature because I switch off the engine in traffic quite a lot of times. I feel safe with the car locked even when the engine is switched off.

Quote:

This may be a silly question...but does your ANHC doors autolock once you start driving? I start the car, but the doors remain unlocked unless I manually lock them. Also when I switch off, they remain locked unless I manually unlock them.

If this is how it is, rather strange for such a high-end car. Or is there something wrong?

Not strange, its the stinginess of Honda showing up yet again. Even my Civic doesn't have auto locking doors which just plain sucks. I would recommend an Autocop / similar system to you. Not only will it enhance the security levels of your car, but also the auto lock / unlock features will make things more convenient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 2066476)
One good thing i find about not having auto-lock is that car wont get locked with keys inside the car.

We are talking about something different. That is, the car autolocks once you start driving (say, at 20 kph). This is what Honda should provide as standard and will never result in your keys getting locked inside.

The extended warranty and roadside assistance is also a way of ensuring that you follow their service procedures for the full four years. Otherwise a low mileage driver like me will switch to a once a year / 10,000km cycle.

Incidentally, is the oil change now 10000/12 months with synth for the City as well, or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2070071)
The extended warranty and roadside assistance is also a way of ensuring that you follow their service procedures for the full four years. Otherwise a low mileage driver like me will switch to a once a year / 10,000km cycle.

Incidentally, is the oil change now 10000/12 months with synth for the City as well, or not?

I shifted to Synthetic and oil change is every 10k/12months. But I see the intervals are different with different dealers.

Update 29 Sept:

1st Service finally done through Pearl Honda in NOIDA. I'm quite satisfied with the job they've done (or rather, they are better than the others!)

The car is driving beautifully, no complaints whatsoever. I just discovered another gripe though. The HU doesn't autoscroll your playlist name / song name or what have you. So it's pretty difficult to shuffle through my ipod playlists, because only the first 5 or 6 characters are visible. So if you have 4 playlists like:
- Ultimate Collection: Best of Rock
- Ultimate Collection: Best of Heavy Metal
- Ultimate Collection: Best of Pop
- Ultimate Collection: Best of Country

There's no way you can tell one from the other while queuing them up unless you start actually playing. LOL! These are things you find out only after driving around for at least two weeks or so.

Congrats on the ANHC.
Renaming the playlists would seem the best solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadnought (Post 2198412)
Congrats on the ANHC.
Renaming the playlists would seem the best solution.

Thanks Mate! yeah...that really was. I've now made it 01_(short name)...and that sort of does the trick.