Team-BHP - The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/87122-journey-my-new-anhc-csd-buying-guide-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2030590)
Update 17 Aug:

I'm planning on keeping my amp and sub-woofer from my Santro (Sony X-plode 2-channel amp and 1200W X-plode Sub). Does anyone have any experience mounting an amp and a woofer in an ANHC? I know i'll have to re-invest in the cabling...but would you recommend it? Will it void the warranty?

Better left as it is. The stock audio on ANHC can go pretty loud and also sounds good. I am sure the Honda guys will make noise for electrical warranty if you draw additional power.

Yeah i think you're right. I'm gonna miss my sub.

You know when i bought it, this guy told me there were two kinds of customers who bought subs. People who listen to music, and people who make other people listen to music. (sounds better in hindi ;))

Haha i'll never forget that.

Many congratulations to you on your purchase. It looks to be a killer deal coupled with the facts that anywhere in South the On road price of ANHC-V MT now comes to around 10.9 lacs.

If you choose 3M for sun filming, here are some details on 3M sun films for ANHC that I had compiled for my car:
1. Text here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1705328

2. Photographs here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1713767

Quote:

Many congratulations to you on your purchase. It looks to be a killer deal coupled with the facts that anywhere in South the On road price of ANHC-V MT now comes to around 10.9 lacs
You're telling me! I have lived in Bangalore for 8 years and am amazed at the steep cost of vehicles (new AND 2nd hand) and the cost of petrol! Petrol has always been around 8 to 10 bucks more expensive than Delhi. I totally empathise! :)

Thank you for those links...that really is exactly what I was looking for. Your car is looking very nice! QUESTION: I see you have got the 3M CR 70 for your front windscreen. Do you feel ANY darkness of loss of vision during night? This is something I'm a little edgy about, because I don't want to run into a divider on a dark story night!

Also, can the Delhi based T-bhpians recommend a good place to get all this done? (Sun-film installation etc...preferably in South?)

I was planning on going to Reliance Autozone in Ambi mall but I just read this other thread where a member had a horrible experience with his Audi!!

Additionally:
Any advice on paint protection? I was THINKING of Teflon but I really think it's shady.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2031071)
You're telling me! I have lived in Bangalore for 8 years

Well, then you know it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2031071)
Thank you for those links...that really is exactly what I was looking for. Your car is looking very nice! QUESTION: I see you have got the 3M CR 70 for your front windscreen. Do you feel ANY darkness of loss of vision during night? This is something I'm a little edgy about, because I don't want to run into a divider on a dark story night!

Thanks for the compliments. From the front windscreen where I have 3M CR 70 installed, I see no loss of vision during night or cloudy days.

If at all there is some loss of vision during the nights, its from the sides where I am using RE50. I had thought of getting a higher visibility films on the side like those with grading of 70 but that would not solve the whole purpose of having them at all. All or most of 3M shades are neutral(clear) so its not like it would blacken or darken the appearance.

Quote:

From the front windscreen where I have 3M CR 70 installed, I see no loss of vision during night or cloudy days.
Kalyan_hyd, thanks for that.

<B> General question </B>
Guys whenever you have purchased a car through DSA, have you paid the 100% of the margin money to him -- or to the dealership/bank?

In my case, the DSA is demanding that I pay up the full margin money (to HIM)--and not to the bank, else the bank will not process the loan. Is that so?

better confirm with the bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr (Post 2032833)
better confirm with the bank.

Thanks @ burnt rubber. Was thinking the same thing. I'm very eager to close all this, but need to be sure that this guy isn't taking me for a ride.

Update:

I just met with the DSA, and he's given me a thick booklet (blank) called 'loan agreement'. He wants me to sign in 64 places, which includes a bunch of legal looking forms (form 26, form 30 and so on). It looks like stuff which the bank can enforce should I not pay the loan etc.

What's worrying me is that so far I haven't been provided any OFFICIAL document that says that this is the loan amount, this is the EMI etc. The DSA says that all this will be provided AFTER i provide the margin money and the loan is sanctioned.

Have you all had the similar experience? Do you think it's okay to go ahead and pay the margin money to the DSA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2032993)
Update:

I just met with the DSA, and he's given me a thick booklet (blank) called 'loan agreement'. He wants me to sign in 64 places, which includes a bunch of legal looking forms (form 26, form 30 and so on). It looks like stuff which the bank can enforce should I not pay the loan etc.

What's worrying me is that so far I haven't been provided any OFFICIAL document that says that this is the loan amount, this is the EMI etc. The DSA says that all this will be provided AFTER i provide the margin money and the loan is sanctioned.

I took a loan from HDFC bank for my ANHC. My experience:

1. I applied for a loan at the dealership(They were partnering with HDFC and Kotak, I chose HDFC). The bank's DSA was available at the showroom when I applied for the loan.

2. The loan got sanctioned in three days time and I received the loan approval(sanction) letter from the bank's DSA at my office on the fourth day. I can PM you the letter I received if needed.

3. The loan approval letter clearly mentioned details like the amount sanctioned, the tenure of the loan, the EMI and the margin amount. It also specified that the actual loan would be disbursed on completing the following formalities within 15 days:

a. Signed loan agreement - I signed the agreement that you mention above at my office.

b. Repayment instruction - I issued post dated cheques the same day.

c. Margin money receipt - I had already paid 100% margin money to the dealership by this time and provided a copy of the receipt to the DSA.

d. Invoice and insurance cover note with Hypothecation in favor of the bank - Both were collected from the dealership.

4. On the sixth day, the bank disbursed the loan amount directly to the dealership. The loan amount disbursed was:

Loan applied for - Processing charges(Rs 3150.00) - Hypothecation expenses(Rs 1600.00) - 1st EMI amount.

5. The dealership confirmed receipt of the money from the bank and scheduled a delivery appointment with us.

Quote:

Have you all had the similar experience? Do you think it's okay to go ahead and pay the margin money to the DSA?

Well, if you are paying the margin money as a DD or a Bankers Cheque or a personal cheque, I am sure it is addressed to the dealer and is crossed to be A/C payee only. So, IMHO, it should be fine to remit it to the DSA.

Quote:

Update:

Is this KOTAK bank? This is exactly what happened to me too. I have signed all these documents and my loan money also seem to have been disbursed to the dealership and I am taking the delivery tomorrow (ANHC). They told me that I will be receiving a Welcome Kit within one month from the bank, which will have all the details. This is how it worked for some of my friends too, so I didn't create much fuzz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd (Post 2033771)
I took a loan from HDFC bank for my ANHC. My experience:

3. The loan approval letter clearly mentioned details like the amount sanctioned, the tenure of the loan, the EMI and the margin amount. It also specified that the actual loan would be disbursed on completing the following formalities within 15 days:

c. Margin money receipt - I had already paid 100% margin money to the dealership by this time and provided a copy of the receipt to the DSA.

Hey Kalyan, I think you've gone the standard route. Only differences are that I haven't recieved a loan approval in writing...and thats worrying me. Also, since i'm buying through CSD...the CSD requires a DD with the full value of the car (ex-show room). The DSA is pushing me to pay the margin money to HIM (via cheque), and he will then remit the money to Kotak using working capital to quicken the process. This sounds a little dubious to me. On pushing, he has now accepted that I can make a DD out to Kotak directly if I so choose to do so. Humm!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom76 (Post 2034443)
Is this KOTAK bank? This is exactly what happened to me too. I have signed all these documents and my loan money also seem to have been disbursed to the dealership and I am taking the delivery tomorrow (ANHC). They told me that I will be receiving a Welcome Kit within one month from the bank, which will have all the details. This is how it worked for some of my friends too, so I didn't create much fuzz.

Yup, this is Kotak! What i'm worried about is that I'll enter into a contract...and what happens if they hike the interest rate later on? (happened to me with my HDFC home loan, where the DSA promised me the earth, including fixed rate, and then the bank went and happily revised it).

So what i'm really worried about is:
a. Should i be in a hurry and give the margin money to the DSA in his company's name (noida auto)
b. That Kotak is making me sign onto a loan that has not been documented.

Ahhh... the trials and rigours that we have to go through! If only I had so much money that I didn't need the loan! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2034521)

Ahhh... the trials and rigours that we have to go through! If only I had so much money that I didn't need the loan! ;)

The IT guys are watching sir...

I was told that IT department asks for list of people who buy cars without loans from dealerships. Not sure to what extend this is true.

Quote:

On pushing, he has now accepted that I can make a DD out to Kotak directly if I so choose to do so. Humm!

This sounds workable, since you would be remitting the money to the bank directly.

Quote:

Yup, this is Kotak! What i'm worried about is that I'll enter into a contract...and what happens if they hike the interest rate later on?

IMHO, the agreement should say something about whether the loan is on a fixed interest rate terms or otherwise.