Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I cannot tell the difference between the different 3M series sun control films (physically). I can only tell you why I chose the films for my car in this manner:
1. 3M CR 70 for the front windscreen
2. 3M RE 50 for the sides
3. 3M RE 70 for the rear windscreen
Excellent choice for front sun film, I am planning to put RE50 on rear as well and I just hope I am not being caught by cops, this will save some money and the heat rejection of RE50 is higher than RE70.

Just for the benefits of others, here attaching the 3M options.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-3mcrre.jpg  

Old 29th January 2010, 14:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
I am planning to put RE50 on rear as well and I just hope I am not being caught by cops.
Well, it would be very difficult for the cops to make out the difference between RE50 and RE70. The film itself is not marked with the numbers. (IMHO)Cops are usually bothered about colored/ shaded films rather than the VLT percentage unless of-course it is too less like 5-35%.

My Honda dealer was about to get 3M RE 35 fitted on the sides and rear windscreen for my vehicle.
Old 30th January 2010, 08:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

News for honda ownersHonda recalls 646,000 Jazz, City cars globally - India Business - Biz - The Times of India
Old 30th January 2010, 23:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Thanks ruchirtnt, I read it in the newspaper today. I think they are yet to get clarification regarding City models sold in India. It looks like Jazz India model is not effected by this.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
News for honda ownersHonda recalls 646,000 Jazz, City cars globally - India Business - Biz - The Times of India
Hi ruchirtnt, as far I understood the issue is with 2007 manufactured 2GHC. Honda is recalling some 8k plus vehicles.
Old 31st January 2010, 07:32   #66
BHPian

raghu230506 is right. The recall in India so far applies to 2nd Generation Honda City manufactured in the year 2007. Here's more news on that: Over 8,000 Honda City models recalled in India.
Old 31st January 2010, 11:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it would be very difficult for the cops to make out the difference between RE50 and RE70. The film itself is not marked with the numbers. (IMHO)Cops are usually bothered about colored/ shaded films rather than the VLT percentage unless of-course it is too less like 5-35%.

My Honda dealer was about to get 3M RE 35 fitted on the sides and rear windscreen for my vehicle.
RE 35 is a very good choice. I have been having it in my car for the last 6 plus years and have not faced a problem with cops. I know of at least 7 - 8 cars in my own family circle that have RE 35. The AC cooling is simply great.
Old 31st January 2010, 15:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ruchirtnt, I read it in the newspaper today. I think they are yet to get clarification regarding City models sold in India. It looks like Jazz India model is not effected by this.
correct, it is not applicable for Jazz in india, as it is already the latest model, but for the city, company confirmation is still awaited.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Honda City, Award Winning car, Honda Car India

honda city EMT launched at a competitive price of 7.94
Old 31st January 2010, 23:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
RE 35 is a very good choice.
Absolutely true with respect to the AC cooling part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
honda city EMT launched at a competitive price of 7.94
Wow, they re-launched the E MT variant. Many people were looking for this model.

IMHO, the good things:
1. All safety features(Airbags, ABS/ EBD, G-CON, etc) stay.
2. E MT does not have the stereo(which is good in a way) so that you can get your own ICE.

IMHO, the bad things:
1. No driver seat height adjust.
2. No passenger vanity mirror(not very important but c'mon Honda, does it cost a hell to keep this?).
3. No keyless entry, people spending 8+ lacs on their car will definitely need/ want this. So, another 5k from one's wallet for after-market accessory.

On another note, they've bumped up the prices of S MT and V MT by 20k.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:40   #71
BHPian

Quote:
..On another note, they've bumped up the prices of S MT and V MT by 20k.
The increase in the prices is not just because of Honda increasing them. This is because of 2 reasons.
1) Honda increased the prices on 4-Jan-2010 by about 4-5k for City.
2) AP state govt. has increased the VAT from 12.5% to 14.5%. This is the main culprit because of which the ex-showroom price got increased that much. Now, they are also planning to increase the lifetax.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 1st February 2010 at 16:41.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:55   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
1) Honda increased the prices on 4-Jan-2010 by about 4-5k for City.
Yes Sir, you are correct. Honda increased the prices by 4k in the first week of Jan. I was closely monitoring this as I insisted on purchasing the car in December because of two reasons myself:
1. Proposed increase in car prices by Honda in Jan, 2010 (by 1% as reported in the newspapers)
2. Proposed increase of road tax in AP from 9% to 12% for the first vehicle on an individual's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
2) AP state govt. has increased the VAT from 12.5% to 14.5%. This is the main culprit because of which the ex-showroom price got increased that much. Now, they are also planning to increase the lifetax.
Oh, thats bad, as we in AP(or rather South of India), were already paying a premium road tax amount to the Governments. The on road price of City V MT variant was almost 80k lesser in Delhi/ NCR as compared to AP/ Karnataka in December, 2009 itself.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:17   #73
BHPian

@kalyan_hyd

Belated congratulations on your new buy. I am also in the final stages of booking my ANHC in Bangalore.

Where did you get your insurance from? I looked at the Honda Assure program and i liked only 2 providers in them - a) Bajaj Allianz b) Iffco Tokio.

When i try to get the quote from Bajaj using call centre - i have been told that i have to contact Honda dealership directly as they are the direct providers.

When i contact Iffco Tokio, i am getting a quote of 5K less.

Can you let me know what kind of Insurance deals you have been getting.

Also, apart from the Alloys and Fog Lights - i HATE other options. I remember you also mentioning the same. (Especially the ugly door handles - IMHO). So i have also decided on Alabaster Silver as the shocking chrome handles affect is reduced in the same. WHen i went to the dealer, he did not have one Silver VMT in display.

Can you please post pictures where in you have captured the City with Door Handles please? I just need to convince myself and wifey that Silver is a better than Polished Metal Metallic.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Belated congratulations on your new buy. I am also in the final stages of booking my ANHC in Bangalore.
Thanks for the wishes. Congratulations to you too on a great choice of car.

Quote:
Where did you get your insurance from? I looked at the Honda Assure program. Can you let me know what kind of Insurance deals you have been getting.
I did not like the Honda Assure program at all. One of the reasons being the hefty premium they are charging but that's my personal opinion. I purchased the insurance online at ICICI Lombard. Apparently, my Honda dealer(Pride Honda) warned me that my claims may not be settled in a cashless manner but I checked the garages covered under cashless settlements by ICICI Lombard and found that both Honda dealers in Hyderabad are covered for cashless settlements by ICICI Lombard.

Also, I've had ICICI Lombard insurance on my Santro earlier and have had a very good experience in the only claim that I ever made on it. I got a policy on my ANHC for Rs 18,645.00.

Quote:
Also, apart from the Alloys and Fog Lights - i HATE other options.
Absolutely, we chose the V MT just for the alloy wheels and the fog lamps.

Quote:
Can you please post pictures where in you have captured the City with Door Handles please?
Sure, give me one to two days of time. I was thinking of putting images to show my cars sun films anyway so I can now club both the photo shoots.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:54   #75
BHPian

Photographs showing the chrome door handles and 3M sun film(s)

Here are some photographs showing the chrome door handles on an Alabaster Silver ANHC esp for T-BHP user @hrmanju1.

Also are photographs of our ANHC taken after the 3M sun-film installation. Here is what we went for:
1. CR 70 on the front windscreen
2. RE 50 on the sides
3. RE 70 on the rear windscreen

I have taken pics from the outside and the inside of the car for the front, rear and the side glasses to give an idea of how the visibility is after the installation. The pics were taken at around 11 AM with ample sun-light outside. The car itself was parked in the shade at all times.

And finally there are two pics showing the PVC transparent floor mats that I purchased from Reliance Autozone.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0971.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0972.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0973.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0975.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0976.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0978.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0979.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0980.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0981.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0983.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0984.jpg