Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 09:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
2.) Perfume --> should be bought from outside, many t-bhpian suggests using "My Shaldan" perfumes.
I was given a perfume by Whitefield honda, it never smells anything and liquid also is not getting empty, some fake thing i feel.

One of the best perfumes i have used, is Funel, looks like new technology,

Parfum Désodorisant Voiture : : Pomme Verte - Funel

Carpowergrid :: Brand wise product
Old 4th February 2010, 10:46   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Isn't that the first aid kit and the safety triangle given along with the new car itself(free of cost)? But, i think the puncture kit is not given.
Exactly, I too got the same deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Car Cover is also part of Essential Kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I think tubless puncture kit is part of mandetory essential kit Honda would provide. They anyway charge RS 3000/- for the essential kit consisting of safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit.
@hrmanju1 and @StarVegabond, under-mentioned is what I paid for my ANHC including all/ any mandatory charges, can you compare this with what all fees you are paying/ paid for your ANHC. I believe that here in Hyderabad we were not charged any extra money for essential kit and we were given the safety triangle and the first aid kit for free.

I paid the (ex-showroom price of the car in Hyderabad during December 2009: 8,99,000.00) - the corporate discount (15,000.00) + Rs 6000.00 (handling fees, not sure if this is what you mean when you say Honda charges money for the mandatory essential kit).

The puncture kit, the car cover were just accessories like the Honda marked pillows offered for additional purchase to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
There are several practical uses of pillow inside a car for me.
+1, completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Don't go for Transparent Honda Floor mat
Exactly, in-fact do not pay and purchase any accessories from Honda, only take them if being offered for free. I purchased mine from Reliance Autozone for Rs 749.00 and I did not have to cut those in any manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Fortunately I bought these things from Reliance Autozone for Rs 500 (Make is MGT, I was charged 1400 by Honda Dealer).
I bought the transparent ones from Reliance Autozone for Rs 749.00(not sure of the brand) but I did not have to cut them at all.

Quote:
c) Side illuminated step garnish - It looks awesome and i doubt if we get it outside - expensive at INR 9500/-
We get these outside as-well and I am sure it would not cost as much as 9.5k. I had seen these being put on an ANHC here in Hyderabad(Car Jewels - Minister Road).

Quote:
Following should be free:
1.) Pillows
2.) Idol
3.) Body cover
4.) Floor mats
I think that would depend on how you made the deal with the dealer. I only got the sticky(fabric) floor mats for free.

Quote:
1.) Sunfilm --> Should be from outside, not only you will get them at less price but with quality, Honda dealers will not give quality, for example in front you can get 3M CR70 in and around 5500, but honda dealer will give the 3rd grade quality and that too in 3000
I am not sure if the dealer will offer to install any sun film on the front windscreen at all in the free accessories package. On the sides and rear, Honda dealers usually put 3M(CS or RE series), but do find out from your particular dealer. So, my advise would be that if the sides and rear are offered for free and are of 3M make, you can go with that. On the front windscreen, its better to get it done outside.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I am not sure if the dealer will offer to install any sun film on the front windscreen at all in the free accessories package. On the sides and rear, Honda dealers usually put 3M(CS or RE series), but do find out from your particular dealer. So, my advise would be that if the sides and rear are offered for free and are of 3M make, you can go with that. On the front windscreen, its better to get it done outside.
I am totally confused about the side & rear sun-film options, Head says go for RE 50 as it is cheap and once Sun-film is installed it doesn't matter much, i wont be able to judge the quality.

But heart says you gonna live in this car for at least 5-6 years and then Infra red Reduction of RE series is not confirm, where as CR50 gives 97% Infra Red Reduction and IR is main thing which damages car's interiors, But then its costly
Old 4th February 2010, 11:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally confused about the side & rear sun-film options.

But heart says you gonna live in this car for at least 5-6 years and then Infra red Reduction of RE series is not confirm, where as CR50 gives 97% Infra Red Reduction and IR is main thing which damages car's interiors, But then its costly
Well, my two cents.

A total quotation for CR 70 on the front and rear windscreens and CR 50 on the sides here in Hyderabad(Car Jewels - Minister Road) was given for Rs 13,800.00.

I paid Rs 9100.00 (Rs 5500.00 + Rs 3600.00) for CR 70 on the front windscreen, RE 50 on the sides and RE 70 on the rear windscreen.

So, the price difference, my friend comes to about Rs 4700.00. Firstly, compared to what we invested on the car itself, this is peanuts. But, yes, you have to make a decision on whether it is worth the amount.

Now, if you are majorly worried about the cars interiors, let me tell you that in my old Santro, we had a local branded sun film with 75% VLR for the front, 70% VLR for the rear and 50% VLR for the sides. I am not even sure if it did anything apart from tinting the glasses.

But, the interiors of the car even as on today(my colleague purchased it from me) are as good as new. We never got seat covers or any modifications in the interior of the car and have used it for about 4.5 years. The only things that perhaps looked used-up in the inside are the rubber floor mats as we used to wash them once in every fortnight.

So, I am sure 3M branded RE sun films would provide us more safety and peace than that of our old Santro. Also note that, ANHC already comes with a green tinted glass, I am sure there is a considerable level of IR reduction offered by the stock glass itself.

Also, according to T-BHP user @rr_zen, they have been using 3M RE series sun-films in their cars for the past 6 years (7-8 cars in their relatives/ friends circle use RE 35 see this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1708180).
Old 4th February 2010, 12:00   #95
BHPian

Thanks a ton, you said it correctly paying 4500-5000 is ok, it will give mental satisfaction and assurance that it will stop the IR.

My zen's seat cover were all faded in less than 4 years, i didnt knew about the sunfilms till last year, but by that time it was too late to protect the interiors, but yes sunfilm provided the heat protection and post sunfilm i never used AC in full mode.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:19   #96

Feedback on 3M flims

Requesting a feedback from Kalyan_Hyd on the following:

(1) RE 50 on side windows : Does it provide the required privacy in the cabin during daytime? Is RE 35 a better choice from that perspective? (I know RE35 is beyond the legal limit)

(2) CR70 on front: How is your driving experience at night? Does the already weak headlights of ANHC + the film create any lower visibility?

(3) CR70 on front : Is there any metallic effect or reflection when looking from outside during daytime? (Sorry that I am not able to make it out from the photographs). Is it possible to identify from outside that you have a film on your front glass?

(4) Is there any issue with mobile reception inside the car, RE being metallic ?
Old 4th February 2010, 15:40   #97
BHPian

Let me answer few questions. I have RE35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopan View Post
Requesting a feedback from Kalyan_Hyd on the following:

(1) RE 50 on side windows : Does it provide the required privacy in the cabin during daytime? Is RE 35 a better choice from that perspective? (I know RE35 is beyond the legal limit)

I believe RE50 is light and you may have privacy issues.
RE35 is good in this aspect.

(4) Is there any issue with mobile reception inside the car, RE being metallic No issues at all
Old 4th February 2010, 16:24   #98
BHPian

Hi Gopan,
Here are my answers:

Quote:
Well sir, no RE 50 does not provide ample privacy in the cabin.

My understanding of 3M films is that they are neutral colored. 3M RE is metallic and does have some reflection index but it still does not equal privacy offered by the black/ grey/ silver colored films from other brands.

In our old Santro, we had a local branded sun film with 70% VLR on the sides but since the film was black colored, it offered more privacy that RE 50.

Quote:
(2) CR70 on front: How is your driving experience at night? Does the already weak headlights of ANHC + the film create any lower visibility?
The night driving has pretty much been the same for me. There does not seem to be any(effective) lower visibility due to this.

I would like to explain it like this. Earlier, the high beam light from the drivers driving towards me used to hinder my vision a bit. So, now due to this film, though 30% of visible light is stopped, hindrance as mentioned above has been reduced.

Quote:
(3) CR70 on front : Is there any metallic effect or reflection when looking from outside during daytime? (Sorry that I am not able to make it out from the photographs). Is it possible to identify from outside that you have a film on your front glass?
There is no metallic effect or visible reflection due to the sun film, CR is based on a Crystalline Automotive Films series and is totally metal free. CR was specifically designed for windscreens and as per CMVR rules, it should be as less reflective as possible and as per specification CR 70 does 9% light reflection both interior and exterior. The answer to whether one can identify if there is a sun film on the front is almost no. Why I say that is experienced people will know that there is a film.

Quote:
(4) Is there any issue with mobile reception inside the car, RE being metallic ?
No sir, I have not noticed any mobile interference (I have taken calls when in my car after the sun film installation). Perhaps this will come into play when you move into underground parking lots of some shopping malls.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:13   #99
BHPian

Quick Question ANHC owners -

a) Does ANHC come with Remote Control for the Audio system? I totally forgot to check this at the dealer.
b) I have some comedy central ( Russell Peter's to be specific) MP4 videos. Can i play these Videos for an Audio only output in the Audio system? (Else i will have to search for demultiplexing software to extract Audio out of it) Anyone ever tried this? Or the audio can play only MP3 & WMV?
Old 4th February 2010, 18:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

a) Does ANHC come with Remote Control for the Audio system? I totally forgot to check this at the dealer.
b) I have some comedy central ( Russell Peter's to be specific) MP4 videos. Can i play these Videos for an Audio only output in the Audio system? (Else i will have to search for demultiplexing software to extract Audio out of it) Anyone ever tried this? Or the audio can play only MP3 & WMV?

Answer to first question : YES
Answer to second question : I do not think MP4 is played. i have never tried. you can try next time when you are in the show room.

Hi Kalyan: If you need the break up of the price i paid, accessories i got free, cost of essential kit etc, visit my ownership thread, it has all the details.

thanks
Old 4th February 2010, 18:22   #101

3M sunfilm

Dear neotraveller and Kalyan_Hyd,

All my questions are well answered. Thanks for the precise answers.

BTW, I am a newbie to T-BHP.
I have purchased a new Honda City VMT, Bold Beige metallic, 3 weeks back. Now I am in the process of finding a good 3M representative and good rates at Trivandrum.
I understand that there are (unauthorized) people who fix 3M films at a lower rate, but no 3M warranty. Those people are experts in fixing and provide warranty for Garware stuff. Is this recommended to get 3M from these people?

Gopan
Old 4th February 2010, 18:27   #102

Quote:

Yes, it has one. Most of the daily required controls are supported.

I have not tried it, however I had a study of their specifications. It basically supports playback of mp3, wma, aac-lc files in a standalone mode. Most probably you may have to demultiplex it offline (in a PC) and then copy the audio in any one of the specified format and playback in car
Old 4th February 2010, 18:56   #103
BHPian

Quote:
@StarVegabond already answered your first question.

For the second one, in my experience I have always used MP3 or WMA titles to be played in the car. Also, if you noticed in the 9th photograph here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1713767) only MP3/ WMA is mentioned by the side of the display.

Quote:
Thanks for the precise answers.
You are most welcome.

Quote:
BTW, I am a newbie to T-BHP.
I have purchased a new Honda City VMT, Bold Beige metallic, 3 weeks back.
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the ANHC club.

Quote:
Now I am in the process of finding a good 3M representative and good rates at Trivandrum. I understand that there are (unauthorized) people who fix 3M films at a lower rate, but no 3M warranty. Those people are experts in fixing and provide warranty for Garware stuff. Is this recommended to get 3M from these people?
I think the dealer you went to is a distributor or has a better deal with Gareware where-in they make a good margin so they seem to be pushing for Gareware sun films. Usually, 3M sends their warranty cards along-with the sun films to any dealer. There are certain authorised distributors for every region.

Here's one for Kerala:

Mr Abooty
AM Distributors, Ernakulam
Phone: 94477 31254

If this phone number is not responsive, try contacting
3M Bangalore HO:
080 2223 1414
080 6659 5759

They should be able to guide you to an authorised dealer in Trivandrum.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:27   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Oh yeah, PDI is a must. Been a T-BHPian, always one.

Well, the deal which i have got is like this

15K Corporate Discount + 10K worth of accessories (if i get Insurance from outside)

or

15K Corporate Discount + 15K worth of accessories (if i go with Honda Assure)

I am planning to go for

a) Reverse Parking Sendor
b) Sun Film
c) Rubber Mats
d) <still left with some money> Any suggestions. (Thinking of Puncture Kit + Car Cover)
According to my dealer (when I bought mine in December), HondaAssure covers 90% of the cost of the plastics inside the car. Check if this is true. If yes, then you should get HondaAssure, it is well worth it. Other insurance companies will cover only 50% of the cost.
The floor mats are standard. You can add either transparent like others did.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Well, my two cents.

A total quotation for CR 70 on the front and rear windscreens and CR 50 on the sides here in Hyderabad(Car Jewels - Minister Road) was given for Rs 13,800.00.

I paid Rs 9100.00 (Rs 5500.00 + Rs 3600.00) for CR 70 on the front windscreen, RE 50 on the sides and RE 70 on the rear windscreen.
Hi, are sure about the CR70 + CR50 combo, as here I got the quote as 5,500 for CR70 front and 12,000 for CR50(Side and Rear) that is total of 17,500. That means a difference of 3,700 way too high.

Your quote for CR70 + RE50 is spot-on, here I got the quote as 5500+3500 = 9,000 total.

I will try to call the 3M banglore number and will ask for some local distributor and prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks