Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 23:47   #31
BHPian

Why dont you buy from outside and ask Honda to install them, even if you get it installed from outside. It wont be a problem to be honest as long as an expirienced mechanic is working, with couplers and all of that anything is possible without voiding warranty.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
Why dont you buy from outside and ask Honda to install them, even if you get it installed from outside. It wont be a problem to be honest as long as an expirienced mechanic is working, with couplers and all of that anything is possible without voiding warranty.
I will try the first option of getting it from outside and having it installed at my Honda dealers workshop.

In the second one, I agree with you that an able mechanic would easily fix the device without voiding the warranty but I am thinking of times when I'll say have to get the bumper repaired or replaced. Taking care of the parking device will be my job in that case whereas if I get it done from my Honda dealer, they'll manage it when the need be.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

I will see if I can get Nitogen air filled easily here in Hyderabad.
Kalyan - Any tyre dealer or shop that does wheel alignment has nitrogen filling machine.
Few options are:
-Madhapur - Lane Opp. Petrol Bunk, there is Bridgestone shop
-Tolichowki - Reliance Auto Mart
-Punjagutta - Yoko dealer on your left when you come from NIMS
Old 11th January 2010, 13:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Kalyan - Any tyre dealer or shop that does wheel alignment has nitrogen filling machine.
Few options are:
-Madhapur - Lane Opp. Petrol Bunk, there is Bridgestone shop
-Tolichowki - Reliance Auto Mart
-Punjagutta - Yoko dealer on your left when you come from NIMS
Thanks for the reply. The Panjagutta one is feasible for me as its on the way that I use daily.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:56   #35
BHPian

Parking woes, first few scratches on our ANHC

I park my car in an open area within the compound of our office building. Though there are parking supervisors, they are fewer in number and the building is pretty huge for them to be able to monitor each and every car/ driver.

What happened yesterday was that someone parking his/ her car beside mine, scratched the car's frontal bumper on the driver side and eventually drove off without reporting the issue. There were no parking guys around at the time this happened. The incident left my car with noticeable scratches on the front bumper.

I was reading about car security systems and I saw that we have impact/ ultrasonic sensor based systems which beep in case someone bumps into our car. I was looking for some advice from other ANHC owners about how feasible this is and if you have information on any such devices. Also, are there any other ways you can think of to tackle these kind of issues.
Old 12th January 2010, 20:57   #36
BHPian

this is nothing but a central lock system with impact sensor. You should get it anywhere .

But the issue is that you should be around the car, to get the guy who scrapes your car when it happens. If you are not around, the car starts to beep very badly and continues till you disarm it.

Just think over, i feel its a one OFF case. No need to take it seriously.
Old 13th January 2010, 00:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Just think over, i feel its a one OFF case. No need to take it seriously.
Well, our Santro had scratches all over the car as a result of such mischief. I do not want our ANHC to fare in the same manner.

My idea is that once this security system is installed, whenever someone scrapes or tries to man-handle the vehicle, it'll start to beep badly alerting the parking guys to take a look and catch the culprit. Once a parking guy is around, they know whom to call to switch the beep off.

Ofcourse, I'll think of this system only if:

1. I notice another such incident on our car.
2. If I can switch the alarm off(need based switching).
Old 13th January 2010, 11:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Well, our Santro had scratches all over the car as a result of such mischief. I do not want our ANHC to fare in the same manner.
There are few things you can do...

1. Choose a good parking slot at the office premises, regularly park in that slot only. if required reach office few minutes early to get your slot.

2. Ensure that parking assistants (if any), know you and your car. if you exchange some smiles with them now and then it will help, they will keep extra vigil on your car while you are away. They will also often keep the slot available for you in case you are delayed.

3. Avoid any cramped slots or at the enty and exit of the parking area. this way the chances of hits are minimal. Always park your car in the bright area where people can see your car even from a distance.

4. Always keep your car clean, without any scratches or dust on it. Clean people, vehicles (and anything clean) commands special respect from others. People do not hesitate (do not care much) if they brush, if the vehicle is already having dents and not maintained well.

5. Do not park your car very close to ther vehicles. Keep respctful distance always. Respectful = all doors must be openable without any special efforts. Same applies while being in the traffic signals or jams.

6. Never rush your vehicle through the parking slots. drive slowly cautiously through the parking lot. if you ignore others and just squeez through, then others are also likely to do the same. Do your bit and propogate the message.

Always Security is not the answer.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 13th January 2010 at 11:34.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
There are few things you can do...
Thanks for the detailed reply, Star.

Except for point 1 above, I religiously follow all other suggestions you have made. When I arrive at my office, the parking slot is mostly empty. I usually park within 3-4 slots at a particular area of the parking daily.

The parking supervisors know me very well and are very helpful. When they are around, there is no reason to fear any such mischief would occur. There aren't too many of them and often they cannot manage to keep a vigil on all the cars.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:55   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Kalyan-hyd
and welcome to ANHC club, ur decision making process was simple and clear and i agree with the budget stretching since for the next many years, you will enjoy the car you love to have. let the heart rule the head, you wont regret.
I have been driving with ANHC and you respect speedbreakers and beaware in the process of overcoming them you have to to at an angle, so keep watch from vehicles behind you. Anyway Hyd wont have as many in banglore (speedbreaker capital of world)
Enjoy and keep sharing ur experiences.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
Congratulations Kalyan-hyd
I have been driving with ANHC and you respect speedbreakers and beaware in the process of overcoming them you have to to at an angle, so keep watch from vehicles behind you. Anyway Hyd wont have as many in banglore (speedbreaker capital of world)
Enjoy and keep sharing ur experiences.
Thanks for the wishes, bullock-car.

Regarding the speed breakers, well yes, I read about this on many threads and I am managing well for now. There are certain steep and big breakers on my daily route to office but I manage comfortably. I haven't driven with more than three people in the car till date, so I guess with baggage at the back and more people, it'll be more of an issue.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
banglore (speedbreaker capital of world)
Well said, tell me who will not agree with this ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th January 2010 at 15:07.
Old 19th January 2010, 13:52   #43
BHPian

First mileage report

Distance traveled after last refill(tank full): 287 Kms
Fuel refilled(tank full): 25.25 l (Shell unleaded)
Mileage(calculated as per tank full method): 11.37 kmpl
Mileage(as reported by the odometer controls): 11.9 kmpl

I am happy with the performance. This was with 100% AC usage and in 100% City traffic. The car is due for its first service the coming weekend.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:40   #44
BHPian

First free Service update

A complimentary pickup and drop service was provided. I made the appointment for 22nd of January on phone on the 21st and the driver was at the reported address for pickup at the time that I asked for. The service advisor called me once the car reached the service station to know my feedback.

I reported the only issue I faced, that was with the horn(as noticed by other iVTEC owners, long presses of the horn results in it going out of tune). The service advisor called me back once the service was over, he informed me that he had got the horn tuned and if I am not satisfied by the performance, he shall have it replaced under warranty during the next free service.

The car was driven back to my home for delivery by the same driver. I was satisfied with the car wash and interior cleaning. At the same time, I was not very happy on being charged Rs 150.00(+ Rs 15.00 taxes) which were supposedly for topping-up fluids in the car. The invoice is attached at the end of this report.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-firstfreeservice.jpg  

Old 25th January 2010, 16:58   #45
BHPian

Hi Kalyan,
Did you get the sun film done on the rear windshield? If yes, did they do with a single whole film or cut into three (horizontal) pieces and then put with a little overlap with each other? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks