Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 09:55   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG', hence putting the music system on hold and starting the diagnostic mode. After this, if you follow with one of the following steps, you will see different diag behaviors:

2. Once in DIAG mode, if you press the 'PREVIOUS' button, all indicators on the music system display and panel with glow up. This mode is to test if all the functions/ indicators of the panel are proper or not. This mode will be active as long as the car is running or until one toggles power to the music system.
Another finding, continuing from the above mentioned step:

Once in 'DIAG' mode when you press 'PREVIOUS' for the first time, you see behavior as mentioned above. When all the indicators on the panel are showing-up, if you press 'PREVIOUS' again, it all goes blank, except for the glowing backlight on the panel. Pressing 'PREVIOUS' repeatedly toggles the behavior between all indicators going on and off on the panel.

Pics coming soon, in a day or two perhaps! (facing issues with the camera memory card!)
Old 21st June 2010, 11:49   #137
BHPian

Mileage report

I have been experimenting with Shell and Indian Oil in our ANHC, filling regular unleaded petrol from both and here are my findings:

My cars' average daily running is about 14 kms, mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. For about 31.5 litres, which is incidentally tank full in my car once the yellow 'Reserve' indicator on the fuel gauge glows:

1. Refill at IOL(at Rs 53.75/ltr approx.) costs me around Rs 1693.00 and gives me a mileage of about 8.2 kmpl. Cost per km comes to Rs 6.55.

2. Refill at Shell(at Rs 64.95/ltr approx.) costs me around Rs 2046.00 and gives me a mileage of about 9.3 kmpl. Cost per km comes to Rs 6.98.

To average out a couple of long(<40 kms in one stretch) runs where I might have got sustained mileage out of the car during one fuel's usage, I have done a tank full of each of the above mentioned for at-least three times and have consistently found the same result.

So, I have decided to stick with Shell for the time-being. Thoughts, fellow ANHCians?
Old 21st June 2010, 12:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I have been experimenting with Shell and Indian Oil in our ANHC, filling regular unleaded petrol from both and here are my findings:

My cars' average daily running is about 14 kms, mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. For about 31.5 litres, which is incidentally tank full in my car once the yellow 'Reserve' indicator on the fuel gauge glows:

1. Refill at IOL(at Rs 53.75/ltr approx.) costs me around Rs 1693.00 and gives me a mileage of about 8.2 kmpl. Cost per km comes to Rs 6.55.

2. Refill at Shell(at Rs 64.95/ltr approx.) costs me around Rs 2046.00 and gives me a mileage of about 9.3 kmpl. Cost per km comes to Rs 6.98.

To average out a couple of long(<40 kms in one stretch) runs where I might have got sustained mileage out of the car during one fuel's usage, I have done a tank full of each of the above mentioned for at-least three times and have consistently found the same result.

So, I have decided to stick with Shell for the time-being. Thoughts, fellow ANHCians?
Hi Kalyan,

Interesting data there, would really help people to judge,

Do you have similar data for SPEED Petrol? Iam just curious to know the difference.

What were the readings on the display?
Did you find any other difference apart from milage?

since the cost/km is very negligable I think you can stick to Shell (considering
the quality).

Cheers
Raghu
Old 21st June 2010, 12:31   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Interesting data there, would really help people to judge

Do you have similar data for SPEED Petrol? Iam just curious to know the difference.
Thanks Raghu,

I have not tried this on other bunks yet(BP or HP). I would like to try BP and HP too, but would not prefer SPEED or any other premium fuel when I do, I will get regular unleaded petrol only.

Quote:
What were the readings on the display?
The actual mileage and the mileage reported on the gauge differ by 1.2 kmpl in my car irrespective of the brand of fuel I use. This has been consistent since the first service.

Quote:
Did you find any other difference apart from milage?
Nothing I could note or deduce.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:15   #140
BHPian

Quote:

Thatz a good data there Kalyan.
Even I do a tank full everytime at Shell. Apart from the mileage what I notice is, whenever I fill it at Shell, there is less/no knocking of engine. I would guess one needs to shortlist the best petrol bunks in city and fill it only there.
I agree with you on using ordinary petrol. Usually premium petrol is nothing but ordinary petrol with additives (What additives, in this case it's money nothing else)
Old 21st June 2010, 16:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Thatz a good data there Kalyan.

Usually premium petrol is nothing but ordinary petrol with additives (What additives, in this case it's money nothing else)
Thanks Jayanth,

About premium petrol, I feel the same. I used to be regular with IOCL Extra Premium in my old car Santro. Over a long period(> 12 months), I did not see any benefits of using the same so I decided to stick to regular un-leaded petrol for the ANHC.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:09   #142
BHPian

Update: Third free service

This time, I'll keep the update short. A scanned copy of the bill is attached at the end of this update.

I received a call from my Honda A.S.S last week reminding me about the third free service of our ANHC. I booked an appointment for yesterday(21/06/2010). As usual, I sought to use the pick-up and drop facility. A personnel from the service station arrived at my office promptly at around 10:30 AM. After the customary checks(visual notes of all accessories in the car and that of the scratches on the car), the car was driven down to the service station.

As there was nothing much to report, I told the SA just to stick to the third free service guidelines. Since the car had done only 1400 odd kms after the second service, I was advised not to change the engine oil but I insisted on getting the same changed along-with the oil filter. I also reported a minor issue noticed at times, a momentarily dimming of the headlamps on switching the AC on in the evenings/ nights.

The delivery of the car was delayed by over an hour perhaps due to traffic congestion. The car was throughly cleaned externally but the internal cleansing was not done to my satisfaction. I also noticed a couple of stains on the seats.

It looks like the pick-up personnel noticed some change in the tune of the horn while driving and the same was reported to the SA. It was conveyed to me that they checked the circuit, etc and found it to be in order.

The total cost of my car's third free service came to Rs 1,212.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-thirdservice.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2010, 19:36   #143
BHPian

Quote:

I also reported a minor issue noticed at times, a momentarily dimming of the headlamps on switching the AC on in the evenings/ nights.
I thought this is normal isn't it? Even I have noticed it.

Quote:
It looks like the pick-up personnel noticed some change in the tune of the horn while driving and the same was reported to the SA. It was conveyed to me that they checked the circuit, etc and found it to be in order.
I think your horn was already replace correct?

BTW, They have charged some 18 Rs for Distill water? What is that?
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:42   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I thought this is normal isn't it? Even I have noticed it.
Well, it never happened with my Santro. I am not sure if it is normal in ANHC.

Quote:
I think your horn was already replace correct?
Yes, during the second service, the horn was replaced. I haven't noticed any issues with it since then.

Quote:
BTW, They have charged some 18 Rs for Distill water? What is that?
Not sure, it was done the last time too, so I related it to oil change.
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it never happened with my Santro. I am not sure if it is normal in ANHC.
The light seems to dim even when the fan starts. I guess it's due to the high starting current consumed by the fan motor and the compressor. I have always noticed this in Santro, in my case it is better in ANHC.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:19   #146
BHPian

Insurance renewal update

I renewed my ANHC's insurance policy that is due to expire this December. I was following Jayanth and Raghu on their insurance renewal updates and it was great to get to know the offers that were doing rounds and their experience with prior insurers. It helped me to talk my insurance agent into giving me further discounts.

I had posted about the various quotations I got on Jayanth's thread here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2141355).

After reading Raghu's positive experience with Reliance, I called-up Reliance and got a quotation for Rs 11,500.00 (approx.) for an IDV of Rs 7,25,000.00 on my car. Meanwhile, a Bajaj Allianz agent from the Pune HO got in touch. The initial quotation he generated was similar in nature to what I had seen online. But, as we got talking about various quotations, discounts and offers doing rounds, he made me a very good offer and I took it.

The final details are as follows:

IDV: Rs 7,21,000.00 (calculated as 8,99,000.00[ex-showroom price when I bought the car] - 20% depreciation for 1 year), I had the option to inflate or deflate the IDV by about 10%. I chose not to do anything.

Voluntary excess: 0.00

Net Own Damage Premium: Rs 9,878.00 (after 20% NCB discount and an unknown amount of additional discount)

Third Part premium: Rs 800.00

Owner driver premium: Rs 100.00

Service tax: Rs 1,078.00

Net Premium amount: Rs 11,888.00 paid by 6 EMI's on my credit card(no processing or transaction charges whatsoever).
Old 25th November 2010, 10:30   #147
BHPian

That's a nice deal Kalyan.

enjoy the ride and many such happy years with ANHC.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:32   #148
BHPian

Hi, my car's insurance too is expiring this next month. Am too in the market looking for policies ? Did you enquire about policies that have 0% depreciation ? (These policies have 100 % coverage for fiber/plastics/airbags etc). Most of the insurance providers are quoting around 21k for 0% depreciation policies.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:52   #149
BHPian

Quote:
That's a nice deal Kalyan.

enjoy the ride and many such happy years with ANHC.
Thanks Raghu, it was the Reliance quotation(influenced by your experience) that paved way for this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi, my car's insurance too is expiring this next month. Am too in the market looking for policies ? Did you enquire about policies that have 0% depreciation ? (These policies have 100 % coverage for fiber/plastics/airbags etc). Most of the insurance providers are quoting around 21k for 0% depreciation policies.
Hi Joe, seeing your post after long. Hope, all's well with your ANHC.

Yes, I did enquire about such policies. Of the agents I spoke with, the Tata AIG agent was very keen in explaining these policies to me. If I remember correctly, the 0% depreciation can be carried forward for three years since the time of purchase of the vehicle and not any further.

I was not keen in these policies so did not pay much attention to the details thus cannot say if these provide 100% coverage for fiber/plastics/airbags etc. About the quotation, you are right, it was around 20k for such a policy from Tata AIG.

To my know-how, Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz, both have such kind of policies, so I would
advice you to talk to agents from both sides and understand the policy wordings in detail about what is covered and what not, etc.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:18   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Joe, seeing your post after long. Hope, all's well with your ANHC.

To my know-how, Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz, both have such kind of policies, so I would
advice you to talk to agents from both sides and understand the policy wordings in detail about what is covered and what not, etc.
Am doing fine.. Thanks....

Just trying to find out the best deal for insurance. I spoke with tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz.Only issue with the 0% depreciation is that, in this case, the IDV value will be very high. My last year's IDV was 855000 and hence this year IDV is around 770000 (10% depreciation). But if I have to take the 0% depreciation plan, IDV has to be 820000, which means, I have to shell out more. I am bargaining for a 0% depreciation for an IDV of 770000, for which, from another agent, I got an offer of 17700. This is my info to bargain with tata AIG and BA.
As per both Tata and BA, 0% depreciation means bumoer-bumber coverage with no payment from my side and this is given in writing .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks