Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 14:43   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Just trying to find out the best deal for insurance. I spoke with tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz.
Well, yes, the idea is that you take your own time in making the decision. When an agent calls, discuss in detail, let him know that you are well informed and are pursuing other agencies too so that they are inclined to give you a good deal.

The Bajaj Allianz agent I took the policy from, kept calling back every two days and would always ask me "If I made a good offer, will you take the policy right-away?". I would say, "If I deem the deal good, definitely".

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
As per both Tata and BA, 0% depreciation means bumoer-bumber coverage with no payment from my side and this is given in writing .
This is good. IRDA has come out strictly on the insurers and the whole process seems to be much more cleaner/ transparent these days.

Good luck with your selection, Joe.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:05   #152
BHPian

4th (paid) service update - 1 year - 6067 kms run

A very Happy and a Prosperous New Year to all of you.

Our ANHC turned one this December. I was planning to send it for the 4th service sometime in the third week but due to an unfortunate incident, had to send it earlier.

A lady rear-ended my car and the bumper was badly damaged. Fortunately, the only damage to the car was on the bumper and it hadn't cracked, just got dented at multiple places. She agreed to pay for the repair towards the damage.

I headed to the service station immediately after the incident and left the car in their care. I was promptly attended to and given a quotation from the body shop personnel who inspected the car. I was suggested a couple of options:

1. A new bumper - Approx. cost for replacement, paint, etc came to Rs 9500.00.

2. Denting, re-fitting and painting to the existing bumper - Rs 4500.00.

As the damage to bumper did not crack it, I chose the second option keeping in mind that the expenses were to be claimed from another person. The repair was quoted to take two days of time.

The service personnel also decided to perform the 4th (paid) service on the car during the same time. As it had run only about 6k kms by then, I was suggested to go for a 15k kms service involving oil change, water wash, battery check, clutch inspection, etc instead of a 20k kms (1 year) service.

The overall damages came to about Rs 6310.00 out of which my share came to around Rs 2310.00.

Attached is the invoice and some pics of the car after an year.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-4thservice.png  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0040.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0041.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0052.jpg  

Old 4th January 2011, 20:18   #153
BHPian

Poor quality external parts!

In continuation to what I mentioned on these threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2191291

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lity-anhc.html

I have noticed discoloration of plastics near the OSRVMs and wiper blades on my ANHC. Strangely, the discoloration is more noticeable on the driver side OSRVM than the passenger side one(see the pics attached at the end of this note).

I am not sure on the cause. The only guess I can make is that it could be due to the way I park at office under the sun. It might be the case the the driver side gets more exposure to sunlight than the passenger side.

I am planning to complain about this to the A.S.S as well as Honda one-to-one during the next service interval and demand them to replace the same under warranty. I will keep this thread updated on the outcome.

Attached are some pics I could click this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0043.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0044.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0042.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0045.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0046.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0047.jpg  

Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0051.jpg  

Old 4th January 2011, 20:25   #154
BHPian

Re: Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver

Congratulations Kalyan,

I checked mine, as I didn't apply polish recently and I do see colour faded but not to the level posted by you.

Wiper are still in good condition.

You should have checked with SA during this service itself, if their response was -ve then an escalation in one2one.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 4th January 2011, 20:35   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Congratulations Kalyan,

I checked mine, as I didn't apply polish recently and I do see colour faded but not to the level posted by you.

Wiper are still in good condition.

You should have checked with SA during this service itself, if their response was -ve then an escalation in one2one.

Cheers
Raghu

Thanks Raghu,

You are right, I should've checked with the SA this service itself but as it was an unplanned visit, it skipped my mind.

I should have insisted for the 20k kms service as-well instead of the suggested 15k kms service as they would then have changed the oil filter and the pollen filter for the AC. In this service they just washed the car and changed engine oil.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 4th January 2011, 20:53   #156
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kalyan,
I had the same query for the above mentioned discoloration. The service engineer commented: The side panels are not black to start with and the quality is strange. These are more flexible than the earlier car.

He asked me to keep on polishing the parts if I was so against its dull looks. I have a white car and mine though not as dull as yours (6 months old baby) appear in sharp contrast to the otherwise clean new car. I am using Eagle One vinyl polish that gives me almost 15 days of shine. Everyday cleaning gets the darn polish off again and again.

I hope this helps. It will be good to hear what your service advisor says.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:01   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hi Kalyan,
I had the same query for the above mentioned discoloration. The service engineer commented: The side panels are not black to start with and the quality is strange. These are more flexible than the earlier car.

He asked me to keep on polishing the parts if I was so against its dull looks. I have a white car and mine though not as dull as yours (6 months old baby) appear in sharp contrast to the otherwise clean new car. I am using Eagle One vinyl polish that gives me almost 15 days of shine. Everyday cleaning gets the darn polish off again and again.

I hope this helps. It will be good to hear what your service advisor says.
Hi Sn1p3r,

Thanks for the reply, it surely helps to know what others are doing to avoid these kind of issues.

Well, I am not against a dull looking component if thats how the component looked to start with(on a new car). I do not want it to shine or anything. But, if you notice the difference in color of two adjacently placed plastic components forming the OSRVM hosing esp. on the driver side, I think thats because one of the components is of inferior quality. I haven't polished either of them so why did one retain its original color and the other got discolored is what bothers me.

I do understand that to keep it looking good, one can opt to polish it every fortnight. Lets see what my SA tells me, I will surely take this up with Honda and await their reply.

If all fails, I think I might as well opt to get a good polish and do the job myself.

Thanks,
Kalyan
Old 5th January 2011, 18:32   #158
BHPian

Re: Poor quality external parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

I have noticed discoloration of plastics near the OSRVMs and wiper blades on my ANHC. Strangely, the discoloration is more noticeable on the driver side OSRVM than the passenger side one(see the pics attached at the end of this note).

I am not sure on the cause. The only guess I can make is that it could be due to the way I park at office under the sun. It might be the case the the driver side gets more exposure to sunlight than the passenger side.
Kalyan,
The discoloration of the plastic OSRVM housing on my ANHC is also on the driver's side and it has got nothing to do with exposure to sunlight.
The photos in my post are that of driver side only and the other side was insignificant to report.
My car is only 3 months old and has been parked in completely covered car park for 99% of the time.
I showed this to the SA and did not get appropriate respose and so I have sent the photos to the dealer by E-mail and waiting for response.
If necessary I may contact Honda one to one.
From your pictures, I notice that there are some while spots on the wiper blade.
Is it really there or is it due to distortion in photography?
It is possible to get replacement for these parts under warranty, but if these parts are of poor quality inherently, the problem would remain unresolved.
Anyway we have to make an attempt.

HC
Old 5th January 2011, 18:41   #159
BHPian

Re: 4th (paid) service update - 1 year - 6067 kms run

Quote:

A lady rear-ended my car and the bumper was badly damaged. Fortunately, the only damage to the car was on the bumper and it hadn't cracked, just got dented at multiple places. She agreed to pay for the repair towards the damage.

I headed to the service station immediately after the incident and left the car in their care. I was promptly attended to and given a quotation from the body shop personnel who inspected the car.

As the damage to bumper did not crack it, I chose the second option keeping in mind that the expenses were to be claimed from another person. The repair was quoted to take two days of time.

Attached is the invoice and some pics of the car after an year.
Kalyan,
Sorry to know about the rear-end incident.
You were lucky to get the damage repair paid by the lady.
Usually they give a sheepish smile and profusely apologize and escape
The repair is not visible at all in the pictures and it seems Pride Honda has done a good job, what do you think?
I am sure they would have taken care of the bumper gap to your satisfaction as well.

HC
Old 7th January 2011, 14:01   #160
BHPian

Re: 4th (paid) service update - 1 year - 6067 kms run

Hi HC,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Kalyan,
The discoloration of the plastic OSRVM housing on my ANHC is also on the driver's side and it has got nothing to do with exposure to sunlight.
The photos in my post are that of driver side only and the other side was insignificant to report.
My car is only 3 months old and has been parked in completely covered car park for 99% of the time.
Good point, I was of the opinion that in my car it might be due to exposure but it doesn't look like that.

Quote:
From your pictures, I notice that there are some while spots on the wiper blade.
Is it really there or is it due to distortion in photography?
They are there to an extent, but you are right, the flash/ distortion, etc might have over-done it.

Quote:
It is possible to get replacement for these parts under warranty, but if these parts are of poor quality inherently, the problem would remain unresolved.
I am of the opinion that if Honda agrees to replace them under warranty, they are directly/ indirectly acknowledging the fact that the parts were of sub-standard quality. In which case, the replacements they provide should have been sourced from an OEM supplier with better quality parts. So, I do not see this repeating.

Quote:
Kalyan,
Sorry to know about the rear-end incident.
You were lucky to get the damage repair paid by the lady.
Oh, the traffic was stand-still when this happened, she was over-speeding, decided not to take a flyover at the last minute, turned into a lane beside it and could not brake in time. If it was not for the Innova driver and an Auto rickshaw driver that blocked her car, she would have run away. In which case, I would definitely have filed for a hit and run case at the nearest Traffic Police station.

Fortunately there were traffic cops around, they advised her and she agreed to pay for the damages as I could not claim insurance without an FIR and she did not want that.

Quote:
The repair is not visible at all in the pictures and it seems Pride Honda has done a good job, what do you think?
I am sure they would have taken care of the bumper gap to your satisfaction as well.
You are right, HC, Pride has done a great job on this. As the bumper did not crack, they could restore the whole look and feel by denting it. There is one slight bend under the bumper, visible in the second pic in my service update thread and a few minor form mis-matches not visible in the pics, but I believe its negligible. The gaps issue has been thoroughly addressed. I wouldn't say its like a new car but they had told me about not being able to restore it fully if I opted for denting and paint job rather than replacement of the bumper.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 7th January 2011, 22:38   #161
Senior - BHPian

I noticed the plastics for more than 5 ANHC near my house and all look same, old and ugly.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:39   #162
BHPian

I would be traveling out of India on a business trip for a duration of around three months. During this time, my ANHC will not be used at all. It will be parked in shade at my home. I plan to disconnect the battery and keep the car covered.

Are there other precautions I should take?
Old 19th January 2011, 15:42   #163
BHPian

3 Months is a long time, I would suggest to keep it some relatives house and better if a self start is done every week for 5-10 min.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:53   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
3 Months is a long time, I would suggest to keep it some relatives house and better if a self start is done every week for 5-10 min.
Thanks BeastFieast,

My parents and my wife will be at home during this period. And my maternal uncle's family stays right across the street from us. Instead of disconnecting the battery, I can ask my uncle to self-start it as per the cycle you mention or more frequently if he can.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 20th January 2011, 12:43   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks BeastFieast,

My parents and my wife will be at home during this period. And my maternal uncle's family stays right across the street from us. Instead of disconnecting the battery, I can ask my uncle to self-start it as per the cycle you mention or more frequently if he can.

Regards,
Kalyan
Yes, that would be good. I did exactly same with my Zen when i went for 3 months in 2006.

Experts would say to let it have a drive of 10-15 KM every 10-15 days, I dont know about you but I was very reluctant to let anyone else have a drive of it that too behind me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks