Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 22:45   #181
BHPian

Re: Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Surprisingly, no one from the Forum has reported this yet. Curiously, the patterns are visible only when you look at the glass from an angle, now when you are looking right at it. This implies, that if you have a tint on your windscreen, you should not have any problems looking right through it, but might see some patterns if you are looking through the windscreen on your left side, you might see patterns.

Can someone who has installed tints on their front windscreen, check using polarized glasses and confirm ?

Regards
Manumani

Sorry for adding to an old post. I need some info on the effect on polarized glasses on tinted windows. Allow me to narrate my experiences first:

* When I use my wife's normal sun glasses and look through the tinted glasses (Garware) of my i10, I can easily see other cars and their respective tinted glasses.

* When I use my polarized sun glasses and look through the tinted glasses (Garware) of my i10, the effect is suddenly different. When I see other cars, their respective tinted glasses have a sort of psychedelic colours (vivid rainbow colours) and I can easily make out those windshield tints of oncoming cars due to these vivid colours from my sun glasses.

* The boot window tint reflects colourful dots that appear from the polarized sun glasses.

* This vivid rainbor colour only shows when I use my polarized glasses to see through a tinted glass. There are no vivid colours from my polarized sun glasses when the tinted windows are down.

* I went to the optician's showroom to narrate this "problem" and the sales persons simply smiled and reassured my that this "issue" is largely due to the polarized sun glasses. They claim that this effect is indeed beneficial.

Now is this true? Can someone corroborate or throw more light on my situation? Many thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks