Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Many congratulations Kiran1103 !!! Super Hot Polo with Super Hot Engine !!! Happy to see so many Polo ownership threads on Team-BHP.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car Kiran, sure does look hot. Tint+tbhp sticker = red hot
Old 5th September 2010, 22:17   #18
BHPian

Thank u so much guysss.

One more thing. correct me if I am stupid. Did anyone notice that there is no engine temperature readings?

It eats bumps for breakfast with butter

Went for long drive till marathalli today clocked 230 kms already and am loving it. tempts sometimes to rev it. Have gone till 5k. Too much temptation.

Wonder why they are quietly releasing it without official launch and TD. Probably they dont want people cancelling 1.2 booking and switching over to 1.6.

@nowwhat? Congratsss for your reflex silver. I was supposed to have the silver polo last week itself if not I was particular on to red color. neverthless its worth the wait.

VW Palace cross also claims to have 10 1.6 but delivered 4 and mine was 1st red one.

I could have got the red one earlier but I waited for friday being it was a good day to take delivery. Good things have to wait after all.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:47   #19
BHPian

Congrats Kiran!! Your Red bull is looking hot. How is the handling at higher speeds? Did you get any freebies with 1.6?

with you, VW is delivering the 1.6's without an official launch and with no publicity et all.. Not sure what the reason is but the difference between 1.2 highline and 1.6 is very minimal.. Why will people go for 1.2 when you can get 1.6 with some minimal investment? i don't understand this strategy..anyways, happy motoring and drive safe. Expecting more interior pics after your seats are covered.

Regards,

Vish
Old 5th September 2010, 22:53   #20
BHPian

Vishwask82 : No freebies at all. not even mud flaps or floor mats. SP says they dont even give freebies for passat or jetta.
Old 5th September 2010, 23:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

@vishwask82 Yes the 1.6 is around 40K more expensive than the 1.2 but i think it 1.2 will always outsell the 1.6 by a good margin.Because you also have to consider that the 1.6 also has lower FE.Initial reports by 1.6 owners state 9.5kmpl for city driving.Also i guess VW does not want to publicise its 1.6 and make the mistake Fiat did with its GTX.All the more better for us because it keeps the exclusivity!
Old 6th September 2010, 00:21   #22
BHPian

Congrats Kiran! Car looks smashing in red!

Cover those run in miles soon. Cant wait for the 'full blown' experience.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:12   #23
BHPian

Hey kiran congrats, polo looks lovely in red. There has been a sudden burst of 1.6 polo's in Bangalore. Didn't quite get what you meant by 'overheating', please clarify. Drive safe and enjoy your ride.

Last edited by luky_13 : 6th September 2010 at 10:14.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:00   #24
BHPian

Congrats Kiran. You certainly have the hottest hatch - 1.6, AND red! Congrats buddy - all the best with your car. Keep eating all the potholes and everything in Bangalore.. yay!

I wonder how I can get that 'car of the year sticker' now.. very tempting to get it. Any ideas anyone?
Old 6th September 2010, 12:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I have not driven Polo 1.6, but when I drove some other 1.6 petrols available in India, I got the same feeling of weak second gear. I guess this is a common problem across the board and not limited to just one or two cars.

-AD
Well, the Fiesta 1.6 is certainly an exception to that statement. Not sure of the Palilo S-10 / GTX though.

But the Aveo, Verna and SX4 fall into that category.

BTW Kiran, the car looks fabulous in red. Congrats!!

I'm happy that we now have a European car that not only looks great on the outside, but also has classy interiors, unlike the Punto.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Awesome!!!. Can you give me the break up of the price? I have a 5 year old swift, which is showing its age. Would really love to replce the swift with Polo 1.6!!!!.
Most probably will book it next year!!!!!

Happy driving.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:58   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Red Hot Polo. Both color wise and performance wise for the hatch.

Enjoy many more miles with the car.

Are all cars getting new Volkswagen Logo at the back or is it only for the 1.6
Old 6th September 2010, 21:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Awesome!!!. Can you give me the break up of the price? I have a 5 year old swift, which is showing its age. Would really love to replce the swift with Polo 1.6!!!!.
Most probably will book it next year!!!!!

Happy driving.
Thanks naveen, I dont have the full break up right now but OTR price came to 7.48 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Hey kiran congrats, polo looks lovely in red. There has been a sudden burst of 1.6 polo's in Bangalore. Didn't quite get what you meant by 'overheating', please clarify. Drive safe and enjoy your ride.

Thanks luky.

I just came back from office 20 kms and took 2 hours with most B2B traffic. I keep AC on always. After I reached home when I was about to put the cover I felt the heat 1 feet away from bonnet. The right side when touched is relatively hotter than santro which I had. Many say it would ease away after running period. Dunno what to do and if this is normal. The coolant is not Max level but just above Min. I tried checking it again due to level inclination was not perfect. Will check in morning at flat road. Does the collant level be at Max level?

Nowwhat? Could your let me know what you felt on the heat part. This heat is almost same even on short runs of 3-4 kms as well.

btw where can I check the engine temp??

@nkrishnap : Yes the newer 1.2 also comes with Volkswagen badging. Personally I like just the Polo badge..

Last edited by kiran1103 : 6th September 2010 at 21:16.
Old 6th September 2010, 22:51   #29
BHPian

Congrats for the Polo Kiran. It certainly looks HOT with those delectable alloys and the red avatar.
About that engine temp thing, modern cars just have an indicator which lights up if your engine coolant temp exceeds the permitted value.
The coolant volume should be anywhere b/w min-max.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Kiran. Your Polo in red looks beautiful. How much is the waiting period for 1.6?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks