Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 07:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice man!! Red polo looks all the more sweeeet with a 1.6 badge!
Congratulations and hope it keeps you happy for miles to come
Old 7th September 2010, 08:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Polo Kiran. It certainly looks HOT with those delectable alloys and the red avatar.
About that engine temp thing, modern cars just have an indicator which lights up if your engine coolant temp exceeds the permitted value.
The coolant volume should be anywhere b/w min-max.
Thanks Utopian. The coolant level is definately between Min and Max. I havent seen such indication of high temp yet. So safe I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Congratulations Kiran. Your Polo in red looks beautiful. How much is the waiting period for 1.6?
Thanks anshunan. Mine is a different story altogether and my waiting period was around 40 days, but I doubt any showroom would say the waiting period is only 40 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Nice man!! Red polo looks all the more sweeeet with a 1.6 badge!
Congratulations and hope it keeps you happy for miles to come
Thanks Dry Ice
Old 7th September 2010, 09:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Many Congrats Kiran on your latest German Acquisition. She is just RED HOT!!

Which part of Bangalore are your from Kiran? I had visited the Palace ground VW showroom sometime back and was very dissappointed with SE's "DON't BOTHER US" attitude. Was it any different during your interaction?
Old 7th September 2010, 10:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Many Congrats Kiran on your latest German Acquisition. She is just RED HOT!!

Which part of Bangalore are your from Kiran? I had visited the Palace ground VW showroom sometime back and was very dissappointed with SE's "DON't BOTHER US" attitude. Was it any different during your interaction?
Thanks Vikram, Yes I took from Palace Cross, I too did face that till I paid the booking amount. After that they were ok.

Guys : Today I took off the blue ribbon which the showroom puts for delivery. Regret that I should have tken it off next day. Since the number plate was not ready I thought of keeping it for the cops to be satisfied that its just out. Now I see the blue mark on the bonnet :(. Tried using scratch out but didnt go. Will this go away over a period of time or is there any other remedy to this?
Old 7th September 2010, 10:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha I guess you let the cat out of the bag here Kiran!! So the VW Mantra seems "PAY UP FOR SOME ATTENTION".

Regarding the ribbon, I have always removed these the moment I reach the temple/home from the showroom. But one of my cousins bought an I10 a month back and she left this ribbon on for over a week and had the same issue, more so since her car colour was white. Apparently, after couple of washes, the marks seem to have dissappeared. Hope the same happens with your Polo as well bro.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th September 2010 at 10:31.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
I just came back from office 20 kms and took 2 hours with most B2B traffic. I keep AC on always. After I reached home when I was about to put the cover I felt the heat 1 feet away from bonnet. The right side when touched is relatively hotter than santro which I had. Many say it would ease away after running period. Dunno what to do and if this is normal. The coolant is not Max level but just above Min. I tried checking it again due to level inclination was not perfect. Will check in morning at flat road. Does the collant level be at Max level?
The coolant level ideally should be just above the markings (min.) which is exactly what you mentioned so it should be fine.

Quote:
Nowwhat? Could your let me know what you felt on the heat part. This heat is almost same even on short runs of 3-4 kms as well.

btw where can I check the engine temp??
Yes, the bonnet becomes very hot even after a short 2 KMs trip. The radiator fan is temperature controlled and depending on how much the temp. is, the fan would start even after switching off the engine, it runs for few seconds before shutting down on its own.

Don't think we can check the engine temperature. However warning signals would pop-up if engine temperature is too much, or coolant level is low (the key symbol, vertically, which can be seen once the car is started).

PS - I am not sure about 1.6, I mentioned what I understood in 1.2, so may be you can check your manual once.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha I guess you let the cat out of the bag here Kiran!! So the VW Mantra seems "PAY UP FOR SOME ATTENTION".

Regarding the ribbon, I have always removed these the moment I reach the temple/home from the showroom. But one of my cousins bought an I10 a month back and she left this ribbon on for over a week and had the same issue, more so since her car colour was white. Apparently, after couple of washes, the marks seem to have dissappeared. Hope the same happens with your Polo as well bro.
Vik0728: Now the mantra is public . Glad that the ribbon mark is off after some washes. Today at VW showroom they tried with rubbing compound but its still there. They told me to get the vehicle to their workshop this weekend. Anyways I have mud flaps, floor mats and seat covers due then. Lets see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
The coolant level ideally should be just above the markings (min.) which is exactly what you mentioned so it should be fine.

Yes, the bonnet becomes very hot even after a short 2 KMs trip. The radiator fan is temperature controlled and depending on how much the temp. is, the fan would start even after switching off the engine, it runs for few seconds before shutting down on its own.

Don't think we can check the engine temperature. However warning signals would pop-up if engine temperature is too much, or coolant level is low (the key symbol, vertically, which can be seen once the car is started).

PS - I am not sure about 1.6, I mentioned what I understood in 1.2, so may be you can check your manual once.

Avon : I just got the coolant topped up till Max level and after running for 10 kms to office I checked again and the temps seems to be normal. Also I checked the manual and it does mention that only on extreme temp situation the warning light would come up. So safe again....
Old 7th September 2010, 14:56   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa.... do not use rubbing compounds etc to get that stain off: you are rubbing away your brand-new wonderful VW paint surface!

Try everything else first!
Old 7th September 2010, 15:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Kiran I am pretty sure that the guys at the VW workshop will be able to fix this stain this weekend.
I am as well sure that you know your drill, ensure that you are constantly updated about the status if not supervise the entire process. Just as a reference, can you please post some pics of your Red Hot Hatch with these stains ?
Old 7th September 2010, 15:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Kiran I am pretty sure that the guys at the VW workshop will be able to fix this stain this weekend.
I am as well sure that you know your drill, ensure that you are constantly updated about the status if not supervise the entire process. Just as a reference, can you please post some pics of your Red Hot Hatch with these stains ?

Vikki - I am hoping that it would go after some treatment at workshop. And regarding pics, it would be a disappointment to many polo fans to see it, so lets hope for the best..
Old 8th September 2010, 15:16   #41
BHPian

In the process of removing the stains they tried using rubbing compund and now it has worsened with scraches and bit of haze. Have spoken to workshop people and they told to get the vehicle so that they can try doing some 3M treatment. Does that help??
Old 8th September 2010, 15:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Kiran, Sorry to hear about the mess the ribbon has created. Not sure how can the ribbon create such a stubborn stain? This also points to the importance of removing all the wrappings, pooja offerings etc from the car as early as possible.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

rubbing compound on new paint seems criminal to me. This is the bonnet affected? Tell them to give you a new one. Seriously.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
In the process of removing the stains they tried using rubbing compund and now it has worsened with scraches and bit of haze. Have spoken to workshop people and they told to get the vehicle so that they can try doing some 3M treatment. Does that help??
If you can post pictures of the bonnet then I am sure you would get expert`s advise.

By workshop do you mean VW showroom or any other Car care shop. IMO, if its VW showroom they would be best in repainting etc, but if its a 3M treatment best to do it from 3M authorised car care centre as they would give warranty and the job would be done by trained professionals. You may wish to check with 3M Bangalore(2223 1414) about your issue and for their authorised car care centre.

Alternatively, in Team-BHP there is an excellent thread on Car Care and Aesthetics guide, you can refer that too.
Old 10th September 2010, 21:07   #45
BHPian

Relief at the end. Got the exterior beutification by 3M done and happy to say no scrathes and no ribom marks now. With the wet look now it even better now. I think its a lesson for al to take off the ribbon as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks