Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I would suggest to do following:
1. Check if you have put anything in the storage box of the Magic Seat.
2. Remove reflectors and tool kit &
3. If you are having acrylic number plate then check that it is properly fitted with 3M tape being used as cushion between the plate and the car.

I hope that this will solve your problem and there is nothing wrong with magic seat.
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all and unfortunately nothing helped but folding down the Magic Seats. The one on the left behind the passenger seat on folding down cures the rattle that I was experiencing before. I am not sure but could it be the seat belt hook knocking against the seat? I've checked everything with the seat but I just don't find anything loose that could be the problem. I'll just have to address the issue in the next service I guess :(
Old 11th November 2010, 13:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I'll just have to address the issue in the next service I guess :(
Why not just pay an early visit to the dealer and sort it out.. just a suggestion.

I was going through your garage and found an interesting similarity!

10 Honda Jazz Select + Mode - Owning one
08 Honda Civic 1.8S - Was in contention till we zeroed on Innova for practicality that it offers
05 Hyundai Santro Xing XG - Used to own one - same model (replaced with i10 Auto)
00 Honda City Type2 1.3EXi - Used to own one - same model (replaced with Innova)
Old 11th November 2010, 23:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not just pay an early visit to the dealer and sort it out.. just a suggestion.

I was going through your garage and found an interesting similarity!

10 Honda Jazz Select + Mode - Owning one
08 Honda Civic 1.8S - Was in contention till we zeroed on Innova for practicality that it offers
05 Hyundai Santro Xing XG - Used to own one - same model (replaced with i10 Auto)
00 Honda City Type2 1.3EXi - Used to own one - same model (replaced with Innova)
The rattle I am sure is from the seats, coz when folded down the noise disappears. Anyway, an obvious suggestion would be to visit the dealer early and sort it out. Thanks Rutvij. As for the garage, its good to know we share the same likes. Well, almost.(Y) Should we Jazz owners decide on a meet sometime? That should be interesting.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hey

Good to know you guys having a good time with your jazz's.

What's the mileage you guys getting? Also why only jazz owners meet?
Old 12th November 2010, 09:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

The pictures in rain sure look good, do have a great time in one of the finest hatchbacks in the country.

One thing I noticed you have the 3M detailing sticker on the rear glass, could I have the address for where you get that done?

Regards,
Old 12th November 2010, 12:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Should we Jazz owners decide on a meet sometime? That should be interesting.
Its a very good suggestion. I guess some one has to take the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey

I am getting about 12kmpl with AC on in the city.

The meet may include wanna be Jazz owners also !

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
The pictures in rain sure look good, do have a great time in one of the finest hatchbacks in the country.

One thing I noticed you have the 3M detailing sticker on the rear glass, could I have the address for where you get that done?

Regards,
Thanks S350L. 3M coating package was given by the the dealer as a part of the deal. It also includes 3 more coatings for the year.

I guess you have to inquire at any of the reputed accessory shops like Calcutta Motors at Mithakali for getting the 3M coating done at reasonable rate in Ahmedabad.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey

Good to know you guys having a good time with your jazz's.

I was getting 13 in the city up until a couple days back when I took it out the airport and let her loose. The average on the highways went upto 19 and then now it almost a constant 17 in the city too. All this with the A/C on 95% of the time. I'm lovin it

And I am sure all the Jazz'es would not mind a Cedia/Wagon R sharing space during the meet! Now who's taking the lead? Suggestion - First Jazz owner on the thread in Ahmedabad?
Old 13th November 2010, 13:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Suggestion - First Jazz owner on the thread in Ahmedabad?
I second your suggestion. I guess JRD is the first one to own Jazz from Ahmedabad.
Old 13th November 2010, 14:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ok,I am starting a thread. I will also see if any automaker is interested in sponsorship for the meet. Stay tuned. Not only jazz owners though.

Update: Thread started here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2139019

Last edited by devarshi84 : 13th November 2010 at 14:35.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:52   #55
BHPian

Having driven the car for about 2200 kms I now intend to focus on individual aspects of the car. I will start with the stereo.

Car Stereo:

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7280.jpg

Initially I was apprehensive about the quality of the Car Stereo. During my test drive I did not find the quality of the sound up to the mark. May be I was listening to the Radio at the time of Test Drive or the settings were not optimum. Therefore I was mentally prepared to change the speakers after buying the car.

However after receiving the car when I started the CD I was pleasantly surprised. The sound coming out was crisp and quality was good. Though there are limited settings for bass and treble adjustments, on most occasions these are sufficient. Speaker quality is good and one can go for subwoofer for bass without changing the speakers. I am quite satisfied with the overall setup and I do not intend to change in any near future.

The ergonomics of the music system are excellent. The rotary knob in the central console has excellent feel and is very friendly to use. You can very easily move between folders and songs to choose your desired songs. Unlike most aftermarket stereos, there are dedicated buttons to choose CD, Radio and Aux source – this in particular is very useful when you have to choose any particular source without going through all the sources one after another.

Just Got Jazzed !!-img_7286.jpg

Steering mounted Audio Controls are very useful. Apart from volume controls you get a button to shift between different sources and also you can change tracks as well as folders by holding the CH button for a little longer.

While writing my impressions of the stereo setup I realized that I haven’t used the Aux source in Jazz! So I reserve my comments about the sound quality of Aux source.

Performance of the Antenna is also very good. I got good reception of FM channels all the way upto Gandhingar (30Kms away) and also in Nadiad (50Kms away).

One thing that I miss here is a mute button. It is very useful when you get an urgent call and you need to talk. The other thing that I miss sorely is USB connectivity. I inquired at various sources including at the dealership but till now I haven’t got the convincing alternative. I don’t like the sound quality of the FM transmitters and durability of such transmitters is also questionable. If any one has found the solution than please let me know.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from volume controls you get a button to shift between different sources and also you can change tracks as well as folders by holding the CH button for a little longer.
Something new discovered about the car today by me

Quote:
While writing my impressions of the stereo setup I realized that I haven’t used the Aux source in Jazz! So I reserve my comments about the sound quality of Aux source.

One thing that I miss here is a mute button. It is very useful when you get an urgent call and you need to talk. The other thing that I miss sorely is USB connectivity. I inquired at various sources including at the dealership but till now I haven’t got the convincing alternative. I don’t like the sound quality of the FM transmitters and durability of such transmitters is also questionable. If any one has found the solution than please let me know.
I have only used Aux and used CD only once. Aux i normally connect to my Zune and output is Excellent.

About the AUX to USB converter have been looking out and finally on Saturday one shop confirmed it should be available next week as it was out of stock it was not the regular FM tranmitter that is confirmed. Also was informed that it should cost 1500-1800 bucks for the same. Once is purchase the same will upload the pictures.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:56   #57
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
About the AUX to USB converter have been looking out and finally on Saturday one shop confirmed it should be available next week.

I do not think Aux to usb converter will be of any use. The reason is: when you use the aux port, the system hands over the control to the external device and it is the external device (ipod/zune/music phone etc) that plays the music using the speakers. On the other hand, usb connectivity means you need to just attach an external storage device (pen drive etc) and it is the car stereo system that plays the music taking files from the external device as inputs. The aux to usb converter is merely a piece of wire that can not change this way of functioning; if you use the converter and connect a pen drive, the system will expect the pen drive to play the music, which it can not. To draw an analogy, it is just like adapter plugs that one uses when using electrical items bought in US back home in India.
Old 15th November 2010, 21:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I do not think Aux to usb converter will be of any use. The reason is: when you use the aux port, the system hands over the control to the external device and it is the external device (ipod/zune/music phone etc) that plays the music using the speakers. On the other hand, usb connectivity means you need to just attach an external storage device (pen drive etc) and it is the car stereo system that plays the music taking files from the external device as inputs. The aux to usb converter is merely a piece of wire that can not change this way of functioning; if you use the converter and connect a pen drive, the system will expect the pen drive to play the music, which it can not. To draw an analogy, it is just like adapter plugs that one uses when using electrical items bought in US back home in India.
If it is just a converter, why should one spend 1500-1800 bucks, Just use a simple wire to connect to the Aux in - costs 100 bucks max.
The question is - can you connect a pen drive to the audio system using this converter?
Old 15th November 2010, 21:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

My experience with the stereo has been different. I found the music to be sounding artificial and the Bass frequency was very limited. I certainly don't mind it much though.

I can say easily claim that the stock system on my lancer was much better but The system in WagonR was inferior due to inferior speakers.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th November 2010 at 21:27.
Old 15th November 2010, 21:42   #60
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The question is - can you connect a pen drive to the audio system using this converter?
For this, the software in the system has to be told somehow, and I doubt that can be achieved by connecting anything to the aux port.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks