Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 14:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
In case you dint notice this space, for toll slips there is a small compartment right below the headlamp switch.

The brakes, they lack feel! But, they do the job extremely well. It took me a while to get used to them. Btw, dont be too hard on your brakes until they are properly run-in.
Oh i didnt notice them. I ll check out today.

Yep, i ll have to be careful with those brakes.

And whats the running in RPM ? I tend to shift at 2-2.5K.

Really hard to keep this steed under 2K rpm.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

I usually shift at around 3K RPM for the first 500KMs. I am not sure what would be the safe limits though!
Old 11th October 2010, 16:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats Mi10. The car is a Gem on roads and is a sure handler on corners. I don't know what you would be enjoying the most now.....The RIDE or the MUSIC.....?????
Old 11th October 2010, 17:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mi10. Take it easy on the tacho for the first 2000 kms---you say you've hit 5000 rpm twice already!!

Try not to exceed 2500 rpm till then---I know it is tough to keep the pedal from the metal!
Old 11th October 2010, 18:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car man, she looks gorgeous in that colour.

1.5L for audio system?

Make sure the setup is hidden from prying eyes!!
Old 11th October 2010, 18:12   #21
BHPian

Firstly, many congratulations for the Red Beauty. And Thanks for posting this thread. Very informative and would love to read a lot more about your experiences.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

lol this is a first. I have heard of ppl buying ICE for the car but the first time someone buying a car for the ICE . And What A Car to buy. Congratulations bro.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Awesome choice, Mi10. The car looks great.
I followed your car-search thread closely, till it got locked. :-)

@sammyboy - LOL, it surely must be a first.
Old 11th October 2010, 23:32   #24
BHPian

Congratulations for getting home Jewel of a car and best of luck on your another ICE adventure that you are raring to embark on. Will be following this thread religiously.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:21   #25
BHPian

Congrats on buying the car. The Color is simply brilliant. You will get more addicted to the music from the engine than the system as the time goes by. Do take care during the run-in period.
Drive safe.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Congrats Mi10. The car is a Gem on roads and is a sure handler on corners. I don't know what you would be enjoying the most now.....The RIDE or the MUSIC.....?????
Rightly said, i am in hooked on to driving. I dont even switch on the stock music system. Let see how the ICE project turns out to be.

I am sure i can enjoy atleast one, anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats Mi10. Take it easy on the tacho for the first 2000 kms---you say you've hit 5000 rpm twice already!!

Try not to exceed 2500 rpm till then---I know it is tough to keep the pedal from the metal!
YUp, bro. After the initial euphoria, i 've settled to shift at 2K rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on the car man, she looks gorgeous in that colour.

1.5L for audio system?

Make sure the setup is hidden from prying eyes!!
Thanks buddy, 1.5L is only for a WIP ICE. Still few more equipments to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
Firstly, many congratulations for the Red Beauty. And Thanks for posting this thread. Very informative and would love to read a lot more about your experiences.
Many Thanks for wishes. I will update for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol this is a first. I have heard of ppl buying ICE for the car but the first time someone buying a car for the ICE . And What A Car to buy. Congratulations bro.
lol, Thanks Sammyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Awesome choice, Mi10. The car looks great.
I followed your car-search thread closely, till it got locked. :-)

@sammyboy - LOL, it surely must be a first.
I know Ji. I requested it to be reopened some time last month, but somehow it didnt happen. But it was a easy guess wan't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Congratulations for getting home Jewel of a car and best of luck on your another ICE adventure that you are raring to embark on. Will be following this thread religiously.
Thanks you Jas,
Old 12th October 2010, 11:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Few Interior Pics;

A look at the ebony Blue+Black color combo: Note the Generous Leg space
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135755.jpg

Alloy Foot pedals: Ohhh..my heart aches at the thought of flooring these beauties
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135756.jpg

Robust Door Handles and Stock 5x7" Speaker Locations: Very Nice to Hold. The Power windows switches are leagues and miles better than the one in Swift
Name:  DirectPA135757.JPG
Views: 1084
Size:  418.5 KB

ORVM Operation Joystick and Stock tweeter placement: Really a joy to operate the joystick
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135758.jpg

The Euro Design HeadLamp Switches: Note the Ticket Holder storage bin
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135759.jpg

Rear Space: Not class leading, but adequate for me
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135761.jpg

Integrated Stereo with Silver Black Theme: Basic CD/MP3 with Aux in (No USB). Decent Audio Quality
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135763.jpg

3 Spoke Steering Wheel and Console Dials: Leather Wrapped for that extra grip when taking a tight right hander
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135764.jpg
Old 12th October 2010, 13:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Dude, check if you can get the rubber mats or the carpet mats in black colour from Ford.

The current mats will get dirty very easily & they look out of place in a whole black interior.

The red color is too bling in the pics man. Where is your office in OMR?
Old 12th October 2010, 14:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, check if you can get the rubber mats or the carpet mats in black colour from Ford.

The current mats will get dirty very easily & they look out of place in a whole black interior.

The red color is too bling in the pics man. Where is your office in OMR?

Yes, i wil check with Ford this weekend,

My Office is very near to RMZ Millenia Tech park (on the road next to Life Line Hospitals)

Here are a few exterior pics to give a good sample
Attached Thumbnails
"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135767.jpg  

"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135768.jpg  

"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135769.jpg  

"...and the winner is Fiesta 1.6 S" - The Journey of a budget Audiophile-directpa135771.jpg  

Old 12th October 2010, 14:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to your views on the mats not gelling with the interiors. I have the same mats on my car, but they perfectly match the interiors in my Sxi. I do remember that they also had black mats then, but I chose this colour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks