Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 18:08   #31
BHPian

@Mi10: Are the 1.6S body kit and alloys sold separately by the dealer ? Any idea on the costs of these ?
Old 12th October 2010, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
@Mi10: Are the 1.6S body kit and alloys sold separately by the dealer ? Any idea on the costs of these ?
You only get the Spoiler from dealer.

AFAIK, Body Kit and alloys of S are not sold separatley by the dealer.

However, there are people in chennai itself who can fabricate the body kit (check with Pr007), Also there are aftermarket alloys that can match or even better the S alloys.

But what you will miss is the Engine roar and Handling. Its something you cannot replace. TD the Sxi and S, you ll know what i mean
Old 12th October 2010, 18:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Reg - Rear seat fixed headrest- Is this the same model and size as in an Ikon or is it any better? It was very uncomfortable over long drives to be seated in the rear seat due to this in my earlier ikon.

Pictures didnt give me enough clarity and hence this question.
Old 12th October 2010, 19:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
However, there are people in chennai itself who can fabricate the body kit
But there would be a lot to be desired on the finish front

Quote:
Also there are aftermarket alloys that can match or even better the S alloys.
Though there are many aftermarket alloys, IMO nothing suits the car better than the factory alloys for 1.6S

Quote:
But what you will miss is the Engine roar and Handling. Its something you cannot replace. TD the Sxi and S, you ll know what i mean
As much I would love to have the engine roar, I also want a decent FE. To be honest the FE factor is what is standing btw me and a white 1.6S
Old 12th October 2010, 19:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Reg - Rear seat fixed headrest- Is this the same model and size as in an Ikon or is it any better? It was very uncomfortable over long drives to be seated in the rear seat due to this in my earlier ikon.

Pictures didnt give me enough clarity and hence this question.
Well, i am not really sure if its same as Ikon's. But i understand that travelling long journeys' without head rest is uncomfortable as well as dangerous

Quote:
But there would be a lot to be desired on the finish front
You *must* check out Pr007's Fiesta. Its as good as the original. Ofcourse on Quailty of materials used, i have no clue.

Quote:
Though there are many aftermarket alloys, IMO nothing suits the car better than the factory alloys for 1.6S
If i had taken a Silver S, i would have surely went in for aftermarket alloys. But one good thing about Stock alloys is you wont have any headache as its all under warranty

Quote:

As much I would love to have the engine roar, I also want a decent FE. To be honest the FE factor is what is standing btw me and a white 1.6S
But then all Petrol fiesta's are guzzlers (problt 1 km difference between the S and others). Are you by any chance looking at the Tdci ?

I did come across a White Tdci with S spoiler, Bigger tires and after market alloys. If only it had the Body Kit, it was a show stopper !!!
Old 12th October 2010, 22:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Are you by any chance looking at the Tdci ?

I did come across a White Tdci with S spoiler, Bigger tires and after market alloys. If only it had the Body Kit, it was a show stopper !!!
Yup, if at all I buy a fiesta it would most probably the diesel option. I feel the car would look great with just the body kit and without spoiler. Though the spoiler looks smashing on the aqua blue but it kinda looks odd on few other colours.
Old 13th October 2010, 00:20   #37
BHPian

Congrats M10!
And welcome to the Fiesta family. Is this the first S in paprika red on this forum? That is one hot looker.The brakes do their job well; I thought they lack bite initially too, but think it's just the ABS playing mind tricks
Will look forward to your ICE install.
Old 13th October 2010, 08:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Thats a lovely car and the car looks smashing. I guess paprika red is the best color for the 'S' after the discontinued Aquarius Blue. The door stock locations hold 5X7 speakers so have you ordered 5X7 mid bass drivers or are you looking to fit the standard 6.5" speakers there?
Old 13th October 2010, 09:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Congrats M10!
And welcome to the Fiesta family. Is this the first S in paprika red on this forum? That is one hot looker.The brakes do their job well; I thought they lack bite initially too, but think it's just the ABS playing mind tricks
Will look forward to your ICE install.
Many Thanks, Niranjan. Yes, i guess it is the first S in Paparika Red in this forum.

Will surely keep my ICE update posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats!! Thats a lovely car and the car looks smashing. I guess paprika red is the best color for the 'S' after the discontinued Aquarius Blue. The door stock locations hold 5X7 speakers so have you ordered 5X7 mid bass drivers or are you looking to fit the standard 6.5" speakers there?
Thank you, Sparkled.

My midbass size is 6". I think people have been successful in mounting 6" Speakers in 5x7" location; You just need a right spacer cum adapter.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The door stock locations hold 5X7 speakers so have you ordered 5X7 mid bass drivers or are you looking to fit the standard 6.5" speakers there?
Sparkled, please, don't ask such questions and embarrass Mi10. I think you have not read his ICE thread.

His ICE is one of the very very few for which the whole of Chennai T-Bhp iians (I think most of T-Bhp iians all over) are looking for.

Please read this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...iophile-9.html

Mi10, please do not get offended. I apologize on Sparkled's behalf.

Cheers

Team-BHP Support Note: Only 2 smileys per post is allowed. Please read the board rules before proceeding. Thanks !

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th October 2010 at 12:30.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post

His ICE is one of the very very few for which the whole of Chennai T-Bhp iians (I think most of T-Bhp iians all over) are looking for.

Cheers
Lol, please don't embarrass me, Pritish

I only pray and hope it lives to the expectations. I know of few installs that are done at shoe-string budget and yet have superior SQ than few big-branded installs that run into several Lacs.

Lets see
Old 13th October 2010, 22:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Mileage Update

My First Mileage figures guys;

Its 8.5 kmpl

100% A/C, 100% City

I hope it will improve after few runs.
  • The Break Pedal seems to have improved, (or am accustomed to its feel ?)
  • I am really itching to drive these days, sadly both my wife's office as well as my office is under a radius of 6 km, So, at max i can drive for about 12 km at a stretch.

Accessories planned for next week;
  1. 3M Sun film Tinting
  2. Rubber Floor Mats from Ford
  3. Seat Covers (will i need them ?)
Old 13th October 2010, 22:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Sparkled, please, don't ask such questions and embarrass Mi10. I think you have not read his ICE thread.

Please read this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...iophile-9.html

Cheers
No No!! I am totally hooked on to that thread too. But when I read Mi10's comments about stock locations for the mid bass and the tweeter I thought that he has changed his mind and getting something other than the Morels. After all his new system is a 'budget no concern' install
Old 14th October 2010, 00:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta replaces the i10
So will you be MFiesta (Mi10-i10+Fiesta) now onwards?

Congratulations on your purchase. Wish you a happy and safe ride.

Somehow I missed out somewhere if you brought out earlier. Why did you choose to sell off i10 instead of Swift unless its a matter of vintage?
Old 14th October 2010, 08:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
So will you be MFiesta (Mi10-i10+Fiesta) now onwards?

Congratulations on your purchase. Wish you a happy and safe ride.

Somehow I missed out somewhere if you brought out earlier. Why did you choose to sell off i10 instead of Swift unless its a matter of vintage?
lol

Thank you, Tbull

Because the Swift, is Revv Happy, handles better, gives more mileage and looks macho.

OK, i overplayed that last point

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks