Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 14:19   #106
BHPian

Re: First Drive: Skoda Fabia F/L 1.6 petrol

Thank you all for the sincere empathy indeed. Really needed it. Anyway, I'm back in the office today trying to put a smile on my face, but it just gets washed away every time some geek stops by and asks, "Where's the sweets? Where's your new car?".... Grrr! The dealer said he can get a temporary plate for which I need to pay an additional 2500rs, damn ! I'd rather wait a few more days and contribute that money to the rear polk audio coaxials I'm planning for the fabia. :P
Old 13th June 2011, 20:38   #107
BHPian

Guys, finally took delivery of my Fab 1.6. Used her for a week in the city & took her on the Kolhapur highway for a spin. I was blown away by the driving dynamics of this vehicle. I had a Palio earlier but the I must say the Fabia 1.6 changed my mind completely. Driving is effortless, just tap the throttle & point her in the direction you want to go. Kept the RPM's below 4k, touched 130kmph & it felt like we were doing much less, say 80-90kmph.
I will post a complete review this weekend.
Old 14th June 2011, 09:19   #108
BHPian

@mb_jg: Congratulations on the new arrival and all the best for many smiling miles. What color is it - Cap Biege ?
Great to see that you are enjoying the ride on highway. Take her to Mahabaleshwar and you'll just love those winding hill roads.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
@mempheS.D: The stock CD player plays MP3 CDs. There is no USB support. However, there's an Aux port provided near the handbrake and you can conveniently play songs from your ipod or cell phone through a compatible cable.
Hey!!
I have a Skoda FAbia 1.6 petrol (owned by my father). There is an Aux connection under the handbrake. but how do I activate the AUX mode to listen to songs from my iPod on the speakers? The service guys have said that one cannot listen to songs from the iPod as the audio system does not have an AUX mode. Is this true? Been trying to get an answer... Please mail me at irb911@gmail.com

Rgds,
Indraneel Bhat
Old 16th June 2011, 15:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
@mb_jg: Congratulations on the new arrival and all the best for many smiling miles. What color is it - Cap Biege ?
Great to see that you are enjoying the ride on highway. Take her to Mahabaleshwar and you'll just love those winding hill roads.
Thanks bud, yep, it's the Cap Beige color. I will be taking her for a long drive very soon.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
Hey!!
I have a Skoda FAbia 1.6 petrol (owned by my father). There is an Aux connection under the handbrake. but how do I activate the AUX mode to listen to songs from my iPod on the speakers? The service guys have said that one cannot listen to songs from the iPod as the audio system does not have an AUX mode. Is this true? Been trying to get an answer... Please mail me at irb911@gmail.com

Rgds,
Indraneel Bhat
Ofcourse you can play your IPOD via the AUX input. Just press the last button on the console with the music icon.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:36   #112
DNS
BHPian

Hi,

I test drove the 1.6 petrol fabia, and was impressed with the ride and steering. Car felt well planted and sturdy, a good base for a project car.

Has anyone done a TC job on this engine? be it in the fabia or the polo.

Do let me know, am very interested in starting this project.

Thanks,
DNS
Old 26th April 2017, 16:11   #113
BHPian

Sorry to see no recent update on this thread! Even if the car is discontinued, it should still be owned by many like me.

A die-hard admirer of my Fabia 1.6. I'm still looking for a car in this segment or one segment above which can instill the kind of confidence this tank can do!

Would like to write if there is any audience/user left in this thread owning this car.
Old 5th September 2019, 10:55   #114
psn
BHPian

Read through this article today, as was trying to find the tire size for our Fabia 1.6.

We bought this car in 2011, and its been a dream to own. My wife has been driving it for most of these 8 years and I have been strictly asked to stay away from it. Once she allowed me to take it to office, and I got rear speakers fitted to it. Since then, I was more or less banned from coming near it. The cars music system, still has the factory plastic sticker stuck on the screen, and dare I remove it.

However, this month, I had the opportunity of driving the car for lengthy periods of time, as my car was in the workshop, and boy oh boy what a great car it is.

The steering is light, yet precise. The level of comfort in terms of ride and NVH that it offers is unmatched by most modern hatches that I have driven in so many years, except Polo, which shares the same DNA. The gear shifts are the best in the business. Butter smooth, short and crisp, and work beautifully with the light clutch.

The growl from the engine at high rpm is crude, rowdy and uncouth, but so addictive.

And most importantly, the tank like built quality, which gives a sense of security to the occupants, is second to none. In terms of safety, it has features, like the driver can only unlock the drivers door, or nobody can force entry once the door has been shut by the driver, or anti-pinch windows - yes they work.

The interiors are a great place to be. The soft touch dash board, or the soft seat fabric, I am yet to see it even in todays hatches. We get them cleaned at 3m from time to time, but don't wish to cover them with after market covers, as nothing will match the soft feeling that they offer. The carpets also given in the car are thick and soft. much better than what was there in a Honda City, that we owned at that time. The heft to all the handles, switches is amazing. 8 years, and the car still feels like a rock with no squeaks at all.

We have had a great experience with the servicing also. The car only goes to ASC at the mentioned intervals. At 45000 had to get brake pads changed, they also insisted on changing the disks. Found that a bit odd, but went ahead as the cost wasn't much. Had to also change steering column in the same service. That was the only service where we had to pay more than Rs. 25000.

For most of the services, the cost has been less that Rs. 10000. Considering that the car goes for servicing every 15000 kms or once a year, this cost is quite acceptable.

A lot of the credit also goes to my wife and her driving style and her care for this car.
psn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks