Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 15:04   #61
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - The mint with a hole :)

My car is back with a new EGR cooler and was repaired under warranty. No cause or reason has been given for the EGR cooler to give out all of a sudden except from the fact that its a manufacturer defect.

I hope there aren't any more like this because the workshop has reported another Polo which had its EGR busted on 6000kms and the replacement giving out just after 2000 more kms.

Hope the company addresses the issue.
Old 30th April 2011, 20:37   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavarya View Post
My car is back with a new EGR cooler and was repaired under warranty. No cause or reason has been given for the EGR cooler to give out all of a sudden except from the fact that its a manufacturer defect.

I hope there aren't any more like this because the workshop has reported another Polo which had its EGR busted on 6000kms and the replacement giving out just after 2000 more kms.

Hope the company addresses the issue.
Good to hear your Polo is OK now.

You mentioned "...another Polo" - any idea whether this EGR issue is limited to diesel or petrol or both?

Polo is a fantastic car, the issues are very very less considering 1st service at 1yr or 15K kms, but whatever the issues, they are quite complicated like engine head replacement, now EGR etc, its good VW is resolving the issues promptly without trying to put the blame on customers (as per the feedback in this forum). Hope the issues are sorted out in new set of Polos.
Old 4th May 2011, 23:16   #63
BHPian

@AvonA7: I have not come across any petrol car so far, I don't know if the petrol cars even have Engine Gas Recirculation units.

EGR Cooler has gone kaput once again. Just after a few hundred kms the replacement EGR unit has given out. I'm waiting for the flat bed to pick up the car for now.

My faith in Volkswagen is getting weaker by the minute.
Old 5th May 2011, 04:45   #64
BHPian

Hi Anubhavarya

This is lovely write up, I am planing for VW TDI in couple of weeks, Is their any particular stuff that i need to check on the purchase of the car. Once the booking is done is there any URL to check the process and the progress of the car that have been allotted.

Please share you experience of the time take for the delivery.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
@AvonA7: I have not come across any petrol car so far, I don't know if the petrol cars even have Engine Gas Recirculation units.

EGR Cooler has gone kaput once again. Just after a few hundred kms the replacement EGR unit has given out. I'm waiting for the flat bed to pick up the car for now.

My faith in Volkswagen is getting weaker by the minute.
Hi Anubhav,
Sad to here about EGR cooler issue. I think the problem analysis is not done correctly by the service advisor. It may be that the root cause is somewhere else & service engineers are just correcting the symptoms.
Hope this problem gets corrceted ASAP.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Some Perol engine do have EGR valves but I think Polo 1.2 petrol doesnt have one.
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:17   #67
BHPian

A friend of mine has been facing more troubles with his car than I am so I wanted to bring some light on his Polo's case. Since everyone around here has some knowledge or the other about after sales service cases where people have been lets say manhandled, this could be helpful. This is what I wrote to the Volkswagen India feedback page:

His car has been to the showroom more times than my Polo. He has a Polo TDi highline and his car has broken down a total of six times. Most of the times were EGR Cooler failures, the other few times the flywheel had given up and now his starter motor is fried and there is smoke emitting from his engine. Not the exhaust, the engine itself is smoking. Hence he tried to contact the VW helpline numbers and as usual they have not given any kind of response and stated to contact the Surat workshop. The Surat workshop in-charge Mr.Hetal Patel is refusing to take his calls and also Mr. Chaitanya who handled my car when it was in VW Surat.

Now I could have just told you to assess the problem and look into the matter but that would be too much to ask because you have told me earlier that “The part failure was very abrupt in your case and there have been very few cases that are similar.” I beg to differ as my friend’s case simply proves that there is something wrong either with the workshop in Surat or these specific two cars i.e. me and Shakib’s Polo TDi. I had already requested you to look in to the matter at the time of my car but since no information has been shared with me on this I am assuming nothing has been done so far. My friend Shakib Kadiri is hereby requesting you to take his car for analysis back to the Chakan plant as this is the only way VW can rectify the problem. The showroom has made the matters worse. The car is filled with grease hand marks all over the interiors, there was no cleaning done whatsoever. And the officials including the showroom manager are simply refusing to answer his calls. If there is any other way to solve this problem please let him know now because he refuses to send his car back to the Surat showroom for further dissection. It seems throughout the time the car has spent in the workshop it has deteriorated even more.

This is a humble request from an average man. If you can even remotely imagine the problem Shakib is facing, please act immediately. He simply cannot take this kind of behaviour and service from a company that is known for quality throughout the world. Consider this request and forward this to whoever who can solve the problem. This is serious and could affect the way people perceive your cars.

Last edited by anubhavarya : 22nd May 2011 at 20:18. Reason: spacing
anubhavarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 22:26   #68
BHPian

Update : VW Surat has officially refused any service to Shakib's Polo until officials from VW arrive to assess the problem.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:16   #69
BHPian

Hey, I m also closely following your thread, does this egr problem come at 6000 km because of both of you using same fuel station? And is your problem resolved? I can see your friend suffering, really hope vw sets it straight ASAP!

Please keep us posted
Old 26th May 2011, 11:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hey, I m also closely following your thread, does this egr problem come at 6000 km because of both of you using same fuel station? And is your problem resolved? I can see your friend suffering, really hope vw sets it straight ASAP!

Please keep us posted
No buddy we don't share a fuel station. Even if we did it just cannot be the fuel because my injectors would be jammed and there would be carbon deposits everywhere which was absent. The car would have showed any symptoms which are related to bad fuel but it has not. My car has reached 12,000 Kms now so this problem is showing up really late if it were for the fuel.

Its a manufacturer defect.
Old 26th May 2011, 22:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Update : VW Surat has officially refused any service to Shakib's Polo until officials from VW arrive to assess the problem.
And when these officials are expected to arrive? Till then we are expected to park the car and not use it. This is too much.

Have you asked for a replacement car as this is a manufacturing defect and inefficient technicians at dealership are responsible for not able to bring the car back to road for safe driving ?

btw I sent you a pm.
Old 27th May 2011, 02:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
And when these officials are expected to arrive? Till then we are expected to park the car and not use it. This is too much.

Have you asked for a replacement car as this is a manufacturing defect and inefficient technicians at dealership are responsible for not able to bring the car back to road for safe driving ?

btw I sent you a pm.

They have refused any replacements for the car or even further investigation until senior engineers come to check the car.

Oh how we love VW!
Old 27th May 2011, 12:08   #73
BHPian

This is totally un acceptable behaviour on the part of VW.
But this was kind of expected as VW does not have as good a *** support as it would have desired. Its making a car in this segment for the first time in india and the cost cutting factor could have resulted in a faulty part.Atleast they should make a recall for check ups

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks