Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:39   #16
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations 9thsphinx !

It seems that in the last month or so quite a few new Jazz threads have started and the best part is that all seems to be happy in their initial ownership experience. No minor or major glitches are reported. It says a lot about the product and the company.

@adimicra
I haven't seen a sunfilm being installed on the windscreen. How does it affect the visibility. At the most I have seen a vertical line of the sunfilm on top the windscreen.

@Harshal
Now its your turn to be a part of Jazz owner's community. Eagerly waiting for you to join the bandwagon.
Old 19th October 2010, 14:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post

@adimicra
I haven't seen a sunfilm being installed on the windscreen. How does it affect the visibility. At the most I have seen a vertical line of the sunfilm on top the windscreen.
No effect on the visibility at all, day or night. You need a good quality clear film for windscreen and a good installer. 3M CR70 is having 70% VLT(visible light transimssion) with 50%+ heat rejection. The windscreen in Jazz is H U G E, so it definitely makes a lot of difference.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th October 2010 at 14:44.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
No effect on the visibility at all, day or night. You need a good quality clear film for windscreen and a good installer. 3M CR70 is having 70% VLT(visible light transimssion) with 50%+ heat rejection. The windscreen in Jazz is H U G E, so it definitely makes a lot of difference.
Does the windshield sun-film, be it any brand, REALLY make a difference? I mean does it really cut the heat and lower cabin temperature without the A/C on? I am too skeptical about higher VLT films, maybe because I haven't tried one already.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Does the windshield sun-film, be it any brand, REALLY make a difference? I mean does it really cut the heat and lower cabin temperature without the A/C on? I am too skeptical about higher VLT films, maybe because I haven't tried one already.
I can vouch that it makes a difference.
Also, CR 70 with 70% VLT has 50%+ heat rejection which is the same as CS 20 with 16% VLT. So, it's more to do with the quality and technology used in the films rather than VLT %.

Even I was skeptical about the same as not many people fit it but if you think logically, the windscreen is the area where maximum heat enters the cabin (particularly if it is XXL size as Jazz) and it should be the first choice for putting sun films. It has more to do with the public perception that putting sun films on windows will reduce visibility and make driving at night a nightmare coupled with the lack of good quality windscreen sunfilms. But with the advance of technology, this does not hold good.

Last edited by adimicra : 20th October 2010 at 10:57.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Heartiest Congratulations 9thsphinx !

@Harshal
Now its your turn to be a part of Jazz owner's community. Eagerly waiting for you to join the bandwagon.
hey Rutvij,

Me too hoping for the same to get hands on the Jazz pretty soon. Right now happy with the Cedia & Wagon r. Dont really feel the need for a 3rd one. But you never know. Sooner or later we are planning to get a hatch and the options are polo v/s i20 v/s jazz. Everyone in the house likes the Jazz and i guess its worth waiting to save those extra $$$ to be able to get that baby home. I have driven jazz extensively on highways from A'bad to Surat (COUSINS), A'bad to Udaipur (FRIENDS) & Surat to Saputara (COUSINS) . Not once did i feel the need for a powerful engine or a bigger car. Each times we were about 4 to 5 people loaded in the car with 2-3 nights luggage.

On one trip to udaipur a friend's Jazz was driven by me and other cars along were my cedia driven by another friend and a verna. Jazz was pulling just fine at 120 ish kmph. no issues what so ever.

9thsphinx, devrshi & rutvij, its time we have a jazz meet soon.

Cheers guys!!!

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th October 2010 at 11:19.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:48   #21
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th October 2010 at 09:53.
scrooze is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th October 2010, 22:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
hey Rutvij,

Me too hoping for the same to get hands on the Jazz pretty soon. Right now happy with the Cedia & Wagon r. Dont really feel the need for a 3rd one. But you never know. Sooner or later we are planning to get a hatch and the options are polo v/s i20 v/s jazz. Everyone in the house likes the Jazz and i guess its worth waiting to save those extra $$$ to be able to get that baby home. I have driven jazz extensively on highways from A'bad to Surat (COUSINS), A'bad to Udaipur (FRIENDS) & Surat to Saputara (COUSINS) . Not once did i feel the need for a powerful engine or a bigger car. Each times we were about 4 to 5 people loaded in the car with 2-3 nights luggage.

On one trip to udaipur a friend's Jazz was driven by me and other cars along were my cedia driven by another friend and a verna. Jazz was pulling just fine at 120 ish kmph. no issues what so ever.

Cheers guys!!!
Looking forward to the meet, if and when it happens.
Aren't your (FRIENDS) and (COUSINS) on Team-bhp? We would love to have 'em up here and read what they think about their rides! The Jazz is a wonderful car and people who are thinking twice about the price factor would love to know why it isn't just that from the owners experience.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. Does the Magic Seats lock itself into place when in usual seating position? There's a little hook that retracts when the seats are pulled up and falls back into lock position when the seats are pulled down. Can the Jazz owners confirm this mechanism?
Old 26th October 2010, 11:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Looks beautiful. Take care of her and she will take care of you.

Quote:

Cheers guys!!!
Sounds sweet. Let's start a thread on this.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Any of you guys know whats the break-in / run-in rule on the Honda Jazz? I read another thread on the forum but don't quite know how is it applicable to the Jazz. I try and be easy on the pedal and have kept the rpm's usually lesser than 2500-2800 rpm in the 855 odd kms it has run until today.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

A 2000 km update.

A 2000 km update.

The Jazz is performing okay under stress on long drives but I am a little disappointed with the fuel efficiency figures. I got a consistent 17.5 kmpl on a 650+ odd km drive that I performed from Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Nathdwara - Ahmedabad. This could be with the way I drive but I was expecting better.

Here's the thing. The Jazz DOES feel underpowered on highways. Overtaking needs special attention as the car does not respond to pedal to the metal. And with the A/C on, there's a noticeable lag in pickup in the 4th and 5th gears. The car is just slow and unresponsive. I strongly believe that the Jazz is only suitable for city drives and not the highways.

The back support on the driver's seat is a little odd. Never have I felt my shoulder's under stress on long drives on my OHC. The seating position on the Jazz driver seat is odd in a way that my back had good support but my upper back felt the strain after the 10 hrs of driving.

We were traveling in a group of four and my parents sitting on the back seat came up with an observation that the seats were smaller as compared to the Civic, OHC and even the Santro. They mentioned when they fold their laps atleast 20-30% of their folded laps were hanging outside the seat. Although, this resulted in more leg space when the legs were on the floor. The middle seat is very uncomfortable and can only accommodate a child.

On the plus side the Jazz has a smooth and refined engine. The Michelin tyres with their 175 profile were silent and absorbed potholes with ease. The Jazz has a lot of luggage space and not once we had to think twice about stuffing extra luggage at the back.

The first long journey on this little cutie was not a breeze and took some toll on our bodies. But I reiterate, this car is as much fun and easy to drive in the city.

More updates and pictures on the 5000 km update.
Old 27th January 2011, 17:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.

IIRC, your CIVIC runs on CNG. Am I right? Any plans to convert your Jazz to CNG as well?

If you get time, can you post a thread on your CIVIC+CNG experience. Believe it or not, I couldn't find relevant discussion on CNG fitted CIVIC on the wholoe net. I don' t know if other people will benefit by it or not, I an game for it.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: A 2000 km update.

Quote:
Not once did i feel the need for a powerful engine or a bigger car. Each times we were about 4 to 5 people loaded in the car with 2-3 nights luggage.

Quote:

Here's the thing. The Jazz DOES feel underpowered on highways. Overtaking needs special attention as the car does not respond to pedal to the metal. And with the A/C on, there's a noticeable lag in pickup in the 4th and 5th gears. The car is just slow and unresponsive. I strongly believe that the Jazz is only suitable for city drives and not the highways.
Based on the above two, it appears that power or lack of it is relative. What may be underpowered for one, may be enough for the other.
I am considering Jazz as my next car (if I can get a good deal), but if overtaking is difficult, then that could be a deal breaker for me.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Re: A 2000 km update.

Quote:
A 2000 km update.

The Jazz is performing okay under stress on long drives but I am a little disappointed with the fuel efficiency figures. I got a consistent 17.5 kmpl on a 650+ odd km drive that I performed from Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Nathdwara - Ahmedabad. This could be with the way I drive but I was expecting better.
I guess gear ratios in Jazz are configured for fuel efficiency and that too in the city driving conditions. I have driven Jazz on Express Way for quite a number of times. For fuel efficiency my observation is that it starts to dip once you start going above 90kmph. Once on my way to Vadodara when my wife was driving in the range of 70 to 90 kmph we got FE of about 20kmpl. I have never been able to make myself drive at such speeds. I usually drive at 110-120kmph and I get about 17 kmpl on express way.

Quote:
Here's the thing. The Jazz DOES feel underpowered on highways. Overtaking needs special attention as the car does not respond to pedal to the metal. And with the A/C on, there's a noticeable lag in pickup in the 4th and 5th gears. The car is just slow and unresponsive. I strongly believe that the Jazz
is only suitable for city drives and not the highways.
I also don't fine much difference in 4th and 5th gear on highway. However once you are above 80 you can remain in 5th gear for easy overtaking. For sudden response neither 4th or 5th are useful. You will have to shift to 3rd gear for that.

Quote:
The back support on the driver's seat is a little odd. Never have I felt my shoulder's under stress on long drives on my OHC. The seating position on the Jazz driver seat is odd in a way that my back had good support but my upper back felt the strain after the 10 hrs of driving.
I haven't experienced that though I must tell you that I haven't driven it for more than 4 hours in a day. I guess a little bit of seat adjustment as well as steering adjustment might have helped.

Quote:
We were traveling in a group of four and my parents sitting on the back seat came up with an observation that the seats were smaller as compared to the Civic, OHC and even the Santro. They mentioned when they fold their laps atleast 20-30% of their folded laps were hanging outside the seat. Although, this resulted in more leg space when the legs were on the floor. The middle seat is very uncomfortable and can only accommodate a child.
Completely agree with that.

@ SUN
As you observed lack of response is very relative. Though you would like to have some more power on highways it is certainly at par if not better than the best in 1.2l engine category. Just take an extensive Road Test on highway and I am sure you will go for it.

Last edited by rutvij : 28th January 2011 at 16:58.
Old 28th January 2011, 17:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Small & Tall cutie. My new Honda Jazz.

wow! Thats a nice car and a nice 2000km update. Sorry if I have missed it in your posts, did you finally go for the windshield films?

Note: edited the previous post as I just realized that it was based on post way back in oct 2010

Last edited by anilisanil : 28th January 2011 at 17:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks