Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 20:37   #46
BHPian

Back from a wonderfull trip

Did a trip of about 640 Kms about a week ago. It was with 5 adults and boot was fully packed. Almost 150 -175 kms was done on ghat section and never did i feel the car was underpowered (My inital impressions was not the same) as suggested by other engine needs to be revved to get the best out of it and then it is a pleasure to drive anywhere.

Will going on Mumbai Pune Express way maintained a constant speed of about 80-90 kms, the instant fuel consumption was showing FE as 19.5 which is great.

I think overall FE must have been around 16.5-17kmpl still to check the same. Considering the ghat driving FE is great.

Overall happy with the car, engine and the space that is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGu View Post
congratulations!! i took delivery of my new Jazz last week from Apex as well. Same sapphire Blue colour too! So far the family and i are loving it!

What fuel are you using in it? The dealer told me not to use Speed or Power.....i thought that was required for all new cars?!
Congrates on buying the Jazz and wish you happy miles ahead.

I am also using regular petrol in Jazz as this is recomended.
Old 26th October 2013, 18:20   #47
BHPian

Re: My Jewel.. “Deep Sapphire Blue - Honda JAZZ"

I just completed 3 years with my Honda Jazz and thought i'd give an update on my experience with the car.....

The car has been working perfectly with absolutely no issues. i have been sending it for regular services - Apex Honda has been kind enough to call up in advance and send a driver to pick up and drop the car for serving.

The car seems perfect for the city - its small enough on the outside to be used in crowded places but at the same time has plenty of space inside. The flat rear floor and the high roof means that it has adequate space for everyone inside. In addition the car is big enough to accommodate a couple of suitcases in the dicky area without having to put the seats down. Picking up a couple of guests from the airport is actually possible with this car.

Driving it is a pleasure - in the city. The pick up till 60kph is quite nice making it quite peppy and easy to manage. However at higher speeds it does seem to run out of grunt. Going on the expressway i realized that the car does not seem very happy above 100 kph - very little reserve power to overtake etc and the stability is a bit lacking compared to a big car. After a few trips outside the city it was clear this was not the car for long high speed journeys though a perfect city car.

After 3 years and 20k kms, my family is still totally in love with the car. I recently asked if we should get a new car and the response from my wife was 'only if its another Jazz'.

Its a pity that Honda was never able to price the car correctly and had to eventually withdraw it but hopefully they will do better with the new Jazz that's expected next year.
AmGu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 11:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
However at higher speeds it does seem to run out of grunt. Going on the expressway i realized that the car does not seem very happy above 100 kph - very little reserve power to overtake etc and the stability is a bit lacking compared to a big car. After a few trips outside the city it was clear this was not the car for long high speed journeys though a perfect city car.
I have been driving Jazz for about 1.3 years now and have clicked 18k miles mostly driving in Mumbai. It's a gem of a city car, but I find it decent for long highway drives as well. Only the last weekend, I took it for as 1700 Km drive and was cruising at about 110 kmph a lot of times. The only issue I have faced is the lack of power on ghats with AC ON.
Old 8th November 2013, 15:07   #49
BHPian

AmGu & Animesh thanks for bringing the tread alive.

My Jewel has also completed 3 years recently and have done 33k in this time. As expected car has been running without any issues only regular service done. Average till date has been 13.6kmpl , this has been achieved with some spirited driving from my end. AC was used 95% of the time.

Quote:
I just completed 3 years with my Honda Jazz and thought i'd give an update on my experience with the car.....

The car has been working perfectly with absolutely no issues. i have been sending it for regular services - Apex Honda has been kind enough to call up in advance and send a driver to pick up and drop the car for serving.

The car seems perfect for the city - its small enough on the outside to be used in crowded places but at the same time has plenty of space inside. The flat rear floor and the high roof means that it has adequate space for everyone inside. In addition the car is big enough to accommodate a couple of suitcases in the dicky area without having to put the seats down. Picking up a couple of guests from the airport is actually possible with this car.

Driving it is a pleasure - in the city. The pick up till 60kph is quite nice making it quite peppy and easy to manage. However at higher speeds it does seem to run out of grunt. Going on the expressway i realized that the car does not seem very happy above 100 kph - very little reserve power to overtake etc and the stability is a bit lacking compared to a big car. After a few trips outside the city it was clear this was not the car for long high speed journeys though a perfect city car.

After 3 years and 20k kms, my family is still totally in love with the car. I recently asked if we should get a new car and the response from my wife was 'only if its another Jazz'.

Its a pity that Honda was never able to price the car correctly and had to eventually withdraw it but hopefully they will do better with the new Jazz that's expected next year.
I used to feel the same, but car is not under powered it is due to the fact car need to be revved. On a express way has done speeds above 100 kph but never felt car to lack stability. Also if you want to over take in the range of 80-90 kph then try doing the same in 4th gear instead of 5th and car should be able to over take easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I have been driving Jazz for about 1.3 years now and have clicked 18k miles mostly driving in Mumbai. It's a gem of a city car, but I find it decent for long highway drives as well. Only the last weekend, I took it for as 1700 Km drive and was cruising at about 110 kmph a lot of times. The only issue I have faced is the lack of power on ghats with AC ON.
Animesh have found to be fun to drive in ghat section. Again here the key is drive the car in one gear low and you will enjoy the ghat section.

Now time to change the tyre, thinking of upgrading to 195/60 R15 has anyone done this for Jazz?
Old 8th November 2013, 18:04   #50
BHPian

When it was time to change tyres, I upgraded to Yoko C Drive 195/60/15 and never regretted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post

Now time to change the tyre, thinking of upgrading to 195/60 R15 has anyone done this for Jazz?
Old 9th November 2013, 10:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
When it was time to change tyres, I upgraded to Yoko C Drive 195/60/15 and never regretted it.
I more thinking of getting Michelin XM2 or Primacy 3 ST,confused between which one to go for between the two.
Old 9th November 2013, 11:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Any specific reason for upgrading the tyres? What are the positive and negative aspects that you have experienced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks