Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 23:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations!

I own a Deep Sapphire Blue Honda Jazz as well and it has been with us since May this year. It's a wonderful car and I'd even go to the extent of saying that once you own this, you really don't need any other car for the next ten years! It has enough boot-space for a long trip, it has the legs on the highway (although, it could do with a little more grunt), it's incredibly spacious despite being rather small from the outside, thus making it easy to maneuver through traffic! And being a Honda, you're almost instantly guaranteed peace-of-mind!

And those who say that it's overpriced don't seem to understand it at all. The Jazz eliminates the need of a sedan that's driven within the city. And those who say that they'd rather buy an Innova for 9 lakhs instead of a Jazz, honestly, don't have their priorities right. I mean, why would anyone want to lug an Innova around the city? If you want more car for lesser money, go buy an indigo for Christ's sake! The Jazz is for people with the right priorities! A thinking man's car if you will!

Good stuff!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th October 2010 at 23:50.
Old 20th October 2010, 09:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you! Continue posting your experiences.
Thanks rutvij.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
congrats dude!
Really great to see so many Jazz ownership threads coming up on this forum!
Will look forward to more details and pics
Thanks Adi. More pics after weekend or after sunfilm's are installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Congratulations Crooze,

First time I sat in Jazz was when I left my car for servicing last time. Iam amazed by the space, interiors of this beauty.

Drive safe and have fun,

Keep updating with experiences and more pics please.
Thanks Raghu. Ya will try and update the experience with the car. Can tell you initial experience has been wonderfull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@scrooze

Thats one family melodrama there. But it same case with almost every car buying. Anyways Congratulations on getting Jazzed. The blue colour looks stunning.

You haven't mentioned the OTR in your posts, do tell us that. Also any mod planned?

We definitely want some pics. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Ya can agree that was one of a family melodrama. If can write the same in detail can come up with a story for a happy tele serial.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Scrooze congrats on your latest Acquisition and sure it's Jazzy!!

Not sure what it's priced at in Bangalore, but 7.6lks with all those accessories seems to be a steal.
Drive Safe... Moreso since your Jazz has the Most Gorgeous Driver behind the Wheel in that Pic!!
Thanks Vik. Ya that is one of the best snaps for me. As my daughter was most happy for new car and can ask dad to take her places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Congratulations scrooze on the new buy!

Jazz was my initial choice when I was hunting for a car, but eventually got a ANHC.
I was totally bowled over by the space and utility in the car! My dad calls it a 'Mini Innova'!
I think the price you have paid is really worth it considering what you get:
Great space, power (best in class i think!), refinement, Honda reliability, great looks and of course the prestige associated with the Honda badge!

All the best and enjoy the new car! Drive safe!
Thanks Stig. Ya it is very natural for a person buying Jazz can go for ANHC. Jazz is more like MUV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I guess if one hasn't seen the Jazz from inside that it is very natural for him to out-rightly reject it due to its price. After seeing the car from inside and driving it, it becomes the matter between the heart and the mind. I am happy that your heart has won the battle.

I also agree with your point of view that apart from the engine capacity and boot, in every other respect Jazz is nothing short of a sedan and even better.
Jazz has most of the capabilities of a sedan and that was the deal breaker for me cause if i would have not thought so it would have been difficult to buy Jazz for me.
Quote:
Totally agree!
Same thing happened to me as well. In fact reading through this thread kind of reminded me of the same feelings I had during my decision to buy Jazz.
Well, the boot at 384 litres is almost the same as sedans (it is bigger than Verna ) and if you add all the flexibility of magic seats, the luggage carrying capacity of Jazz can put many sedans to shame!
I would have loved to have the 1.5 on the jazz but the 1.2 is so butter smooth and gives more than adequate power. In fact, now-a-days, i am enjoying her a lot as I build up the revs.
Adi that was my motive behind this thread "Bring back the feeling". From a technical point of view your thread is one of the best and a person who is trying to compare between all the cars he should go through your ownership thread.
I think there are may who said your thread was helpful when looking to buy Jazz and i can agree to the same. I think you should ask some royalty from Honda.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Is it change in General perception about Jazz?

Have been living with the car since last 5 days. The world around me now knows that I have purchased Jazz. Very few people were aware before getting the delivery that I am purchasing Jazz. So what is the general change in perception about the car that I have notice

All the persons who heard that I bought Jazz were happy and said it’s a very good, with lot of space and features (Most are non petrol heads). But non of them said why did you not look for a sedan at that price!!! For me that was a surprise as was prepared for people to suggest you could have bought this sedan X, Y, Z for that price but that has not happened till now

Is this specific to me or had there been change in general perceptions about Jazz. Other Jazz owners will like to know your thoughts on this and share your experience.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:03   #20
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Many congartulations Scrooze. The Jazz is the perfect city car. Lots of space, oodles of character, quality interiors, a good (if not great) motor, fantastic fuel efficiency and Honda reliability. Who gives a damn about resale value !!
Old 20th October 2010, 14:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Have been living with the car since last 5 days. The world around me now knows that I have purchased Jazz. Very few people were aware before getting the delivery that I am purchasing Jazz. So what is the general change in perception about the car that I have notice

All the persons who heard that I bought Jazz were happy and said it’s a very good, with lot of space and features (Most are non petrol heads). But non of them said why did you not look for a sedan at that price!!! For me that was a surprise as was prepared for people to suggest you could have bought this sedan X, Y, Z for that price but that has not happened till now

Is this specific to me or had there been change in general perceptions about Jazz. Other Jazz owners will like to know your thoughts on this and share your experience.
not in my case. Almost everybody asked me why I didn't go for a sedan and I could sense from their look and body language that they are thinking - what a fool I am! Who cares? At the end of the day, I am extremely happy and that's what matters!
Old 20th October 2010, 15:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, your initial mileage figures are very good, but the display in the car is normally optimistic by 1 kmpl or so. Plz check the real mileage on tankful basis and let us know. Inititally,my mileage was also very good - around 13+ with 1-00% AC in City but now with all the revving, it has dropped to around 11.5 kmpl, which is still very respectable. Believe me, it is a lot of fun to redline it and can be addictive! plz let me know if you are able to find a good enough solution for the aux to usb conversion. I have searched a lot but haven't got anything other than the FM transmitters.
I too wud luv the ACC and folding mirrors plus boot and reading/map lights. That wud have made the car perfect and fully loaded.
Ya i know display figures are a bit over. But 13-13.5 with 100% ac should be ok with me. will update about the Aux to USB once i get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations!

I own a Deep Sapphire Blue Honda Jazz as well and it has been with us since May this year. It's a wonderful car and I'd even go to the extent of saying that once you own this, you really don't need any other car for the next ten years! It has enough boot-space for a long trip, it has the legs on the highway (although, it could do with a little more grunt), it's incredibly spacious despite being rather small from the outside, thus making it easy to maneuver through traffic! And being a Honda, you're almost instantly guaranteed peace-of-mind!

And those who say that it's overpriced don't seem to understand it at all. The Jazz eliminates the need of a sedan that's driven within the city. And those who say that they'd rather buy an Innova for 9 lakhs instead of a Jazz, honestly, don't have their priorities right. I mean, why would anyone want to lug an Innova around the city? If you want more car for lesser money, go buy an indigo for Christ's sake! The Jazz is for people with the right priorities! A thinking man's car if you will!

Good stuff!
Suhaas great to know that you are also a Jazz owner. Also regarding the grant on highway i think others have said that it can manage 100kmp easily on highway and from my personal experiance it can do 80kmph at about 2500 rpm easily. So the extra rpm available should be enough for me to do well on highways also

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Many congartulations Scrooze. The Jazz is the perfect city car. Lots of space, oodles of character, quality interiors, a good (if not great) motor, fantastic fuel efficiency and Honda reliability. Who gives a damn about resale value !!
Thanks. i think it has a great motor also (My personal opinion)
Old 20th October 2010, 19:30   #23
BHPian

congrats man,
had fun reading through your buying experience,
and i am happy it all worked out for the best.
nice choice of color, one of my favorites on the jazz after white.
wish you a trouble free ownership with your own little space bubble.
Old 21st October 2010, 09:45   #24
BHPian

[quote=scrooze;2112092]

. Also regarding the grant on highway i think others have said that it can manage 100kmp easily on highway and from my personal experiance it can do 80kmph at about 2500 rpm easily. So the extra rpm available should be enough for me to do well on highways also

]

Congrats on your new car!!. Jazz is pretty good on highways once you know how to exploit her power at higher RPMs. It is true for any honda car. But once you get used to this, you invariably becomes a honda addict!!

A couple of months back I drove from TVM to Chennai, around 800KMs. Found the highway manners, quite acceptable. Car is quite stable. Steering is speed sensitive and hardens as the the speed increases. It might be still a bit too lighter for me. From my experience I felt, the car can easily touch the top speeds specified by the manufacturer. Unfortunately on our highways anything above 100 kph becomes dangerous.

Please also watch out for any rattling from the magic seats. Me (and a few other Jazz owners) encountered this problem. But it is an easy fix at the service centre.

I am still not using Sun films (in Chennai) so far it is ok for me. I am not very comfortable with dark films in the night, blame it on my eye sight. But even in Chennai the AC is good enough even without sun films.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

[quote=bijujj;2112939]
Quote:

. Also regarding the grant on highway i think others have said that it can manage 100kmp easily on highway and from my personal experiance it can do 80kmph at about 2500 rpm easily. So the extra rpm available should be enough for me to do well on highways also

]

Congrats on your new car!!. Jazz is pretty good on highways once you know how to exploit her power at higher RPMs. It is true for any honda car. But once you get used to this, you invariably becomes a honda addict!!

A couple of months back I drove from TVM to Chennai, around 800KMs. Found the highway manners, quite acceptable. Car is quite stable. Steering is speed sensitive and hardens as the the speed increases. It might be still a bit too lighter for me. From my experience I felt, the car can easily touch the top speeds specified by the manufacturer. Unfortunately on our highways anything above 100 kph becomes dangerous.

Please also watch out for any rattling from the magic seats. Me (and a few other Jazz owners) encountered this problem. But it is an easy fix at the service centre.

I am still not using Sun films (in Chennai) so far it is ok for me. I am not very comfortable with dark films in the night, blame it on my eye sight. But even in Chennai the AC is good enough even without sun films.
I agree with you. So far, I have not gone for very long trips but whatever I have driven in the open expressway, the car has been very stable at high speeds and you can easily cruise all day at 120 kmph with 4-5 people on board and AC on.
Can you tell me where exactly is the problem and what is the fix? I sometimes hear a tiny rattle but it is not consistent. Sometimes, it comes and then disappears. Also, it has nothing to do with bad roads. Sometimes, I hear it on perfectly good roads and sometimes, I don't hear it over potholes. SO, I am still unable to figure out the root cause.

Last edited by adimicra : 21st October 2010 at 11:00.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:40   #26
BHPian

In my case rattle sound was coming from the portion where Magic seats lock-in. The easy way to check, is put the seats folded and see whether the sound dissappears.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
congrats man,
had fun reading through your buying experience,
and i am happy it all worked out for the best.
nice choice of color, one of my favorites on the jazz after white.
wish you a trouble free ownership with your own little space bubble.
Thanks superboy. "Little space bubble" that is good to know about Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
In my case rattle sound was coming from the portion where Magic seats lock-in. The easy way to check, is put the seats folded and see whether the sound dissappears.
Thanks for the info biju still not sound but always good to know what can be expected from you car.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
Bottom or up? I think in my case as well the sound is coming from the seats only, most probably from the top.
What is the fix? Can you please post a pic of the same?
My 2nd service (3 months) is due in a few days. I hope to get it fixed but I do not have any confidence on the knowledge or ability of the service people. So, look forward to you for more info.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:23   #29
BHPian

FE Update and long drive

FE for the 1st 400 odd kms was app 13km/pl (100% A/c) this is based on tank full to tank full method. This is respectable according to me.

Will this figure go up after the 1st service or will it remain the same, other Jazz owners please provide your feedback?

Had done a trip of about 430 km this weekend with 5 adults and one child. Below are some of the observations:

1) Handling: It is very stable and you have the confidence to take turns at speeds you like.
2) Comfort: This was one of the reasons for selecting Jazz over others and it did not disappoint at all. We were 5 adults and one child all were comfortable. Even the back passenger in middle was comfortable without any complains. In fact there was a fight to take the middle place as the front view from there is very good.
3) Utility: Used all the utility space provided in the car and must say never felt like there was no space to keep a particular thing.
4) Power: Due to break in period made sure was running about 2k rpm. But must say it is very difficult to maintain. I has some issues when car had to come to halt on a incline it would start to move only after 2.5k rpm and not below it.
As this is my 1st car this can be due to my inexperience or is it the issue with car engine as low end does not have much of a juice. other owners who are experts will be able to through light on this.
5) FE : It must be good but will need 2-3 days to get it on tank to tank method.
6) Ride Qualtiy : It is on a rough side so need to make sure that the car is slowed down for uneven roads.
7) Low Ground clearance : During the trip did scrap the underbody of Jazz at one of the speed breakers and heart stopped for a moment. But the manner in which speed breaker was laid down was not proper.

Tomorrow will be going for the 1st scheduled service of the car as about to reach 1k. Any specific things to look out during this 1st free service. let me know.
Old 1st November 2010, 16:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FE for the 1st 400 odd kms was app 13km/pl (100% A/c) this is based on tank full to tank full method. This is respectable according to me.

Will this figure go up after the 1st service or will it remain the same, other Jazz owners please provide your feedback?

Had done a trip of about 430 km this weekend with 5 adults and one child. Below are some of the observations:

1) Handling: It is very stable and you have the confidence to take turns at speeds you like.
2) Comfort: This was one of the reasons for selecting Jazz over others and it did not disappoint at all. We were 5 adults and one child all were comfortable. Even the back passenger in middle was comfortable without any complains. In fact there was a fight to take the middle place as the front view from there is very good.
3) Utility: Used all the utility space provided in the car and must say never felt like there was no space to keep a particular thing.
4) Power: Due to break in period made sure was running about 2k rpm. But must say it is very difficult to maintain. I has some issues when car had to come to halt on a incline it would start to move only after 2.5k rpm and not below it.
As this is my 1st car this can be due to my inexperience or is it the issue with car engine as low end does not have much of a juice. other owners who are experts will be able to through light on this.
5) FE : It must be good but will need 2-3 days to get it on tank to tank method.
6) Ride Qualtiy : It is on a rough side so need to make sure that the car is slowed down for uneven roads.
7) Low Ground clearance : During the trip did scrap the underbody of Jazz at one of the speed breakers and heart stopped for a moment. But the manner in which speed breaker was laid down was not proper.

Tomorrow will be going for the 1st scheduled service of the car as about to reach 1k. Any specific things to look out during this 1st free service. let me know.
First service is more of a formality. So don't worry about it. They will check the fluid levels and wash the car - that's it!
I agree more or less with your observations.
Though you are in the running-in period, 2K rpm is way too low I feel. Anyway, you have completed the first 1000 kms, so start revving your engine harder. I have posted my recommendations in my ownership thread.
I have scrapped a speed-breaker once - I heard from different car owners that they too have scrapped it.So, I would say GC is not great but par for the course.
Regarding the incline thing - when you stopped, did you downshift to 1st? Or you tried to move in 2nd? You should always downshift to 1st if you are stopping in an incline. I have faced this sort of situation several times and didn't face any issues. You might have to press the throttle little hard
You know what - another person in facebook contacted me (new driver, 1st car) with the same issue only to find out later that he was being too gentle with his new car and it was just a matter of using a heavier foot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks