Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:10   #46
BHPian

Re: My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )

[quote=naveen.raju;2172598]Thanks for the quick reply chet. Can you post the pics of the actual product installed in your car. Like, the cam and the rear view mirror pics.? Would like to know the cost too.

Hi Naveen,
I actually upgraded the HU to a Pioneer AVH3250BT. The reverse cam though is the same.

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-reverse-camera.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-reverse-camera-2.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-hud-view-reverse-cam.jpg

Some pics of the WindShield - ( Exterior ). Visibility is excellent, except that its got a light greenish tinge on the outside - if viewed from a particular angle.

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-front-windsheild.jpg
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Hi Chet . No updates since a long time. Did you get your alloys yet?
Do post a few pics of your upgrades and the new alloys
Hi Ventolute,

Its been a quite a while since my last post.

Nope, I have not been able to get alloys yet. Still on the lookout. But I have accessorized my ride quite a bit - Lighting & ICE.
ICE:
Head Unit:
Pioneer AVH-P3250BT ( Built-in Bluetooth)

Component Speakers (Front):
Hertz ESK130
Co-axial Speakers (Rear):
Polk MOMO MMC650

4 Channel Amplifier:
Hertz HE4

Lighting:

Headlight:

Philips H4 WhiteLight 100/90

Parking Lights:
Long Hui T10 WB LED lights ( some Taiwanese brand)

Fog Lamps:
Philips Xenon HID

DRLs:
Philips LED Daylight 8

Misc:

Sparco Pedal Kit

MapMYIndia GPS Navigation - ZX150 ( 5" Screen)

Uploading some pics of the ICE and a few pics of the lighting upgrades. Will post some better pics on the Lighting Upgrade later as I dont have any good ones to highlight the effect.

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-pioneer-hu-display.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-hud-view-reverse-cam.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-hud-view-dialpad.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-hertz-esk130.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-polk-momo-mmc650.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-hertz-he4.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-drl-1.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-drl-2.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-drl-3.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-sparco-pedal-kit.jpg

My Vento 1.6 Highline ( Petrol )-gps.jpg
chet1376 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:33   #48
BHPian

Hi Chet

The Philips DRL's look amazing !! Can you provide some more details on the DRL (installation, cost, dealer/installer details) along with some daytime snaps. Also was there any wiring alteration done - is the the warranty voided with this ? I hope not, since it is a Philips original accessory.

Also I hope changing the headlamps and foglight bulbs to Philips dont have any effect on warranty.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Hi Chet

The Philips DRL's look amazing !! Can you provide some more details on the DRL (installation, cost, dealer/installer details) along with some daytime snaps. Also was there any wiring alteration done - is the the warranty voided with this ? I hope not, since it is a Philips original accessory.

Also I hope changing the headlamps and foglight bulbs to Philips dont have any effect on warranty.
Hi Krish,

Firstly, any modifications does void the warranty by VW.

The DRLs cost me around 8K with installation.

Check with AK Traders on JC Road for pricing. Tel: 41143199 / 41142146

I got them installed by Final Touch on Mission Road, Subbaiah Circle

I have altered the wiring as per my requirement.

The original setup for DRLs is that it switches on during the day, once you crank the engine (parking and headlights off ) and dims when you switch on the parking lights. ( I will post some snaps later to show the difference b/w normal and dim. )

I altered the setup so that the DRLs switch on ONLY when I turn on my parking lights and dim when I switch on my HIDs and headlights.

Another option is to have an independent switch to turn ON/OFF the DRLs when required, but I am happy with my setup.

Also, I didn't want any cutting/modification on the dash to install an extra switch.
chet1376 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 20:45   #50
BHPian

Great accesories, I am also planning for similar ones for my ANHC?

Which sunfilm are you using on the windscreen and how much did you pay? Do you recommend it for high-speed night driving on highways?

How much tank-to-tank mileage are you getting in the city and the high way?
Old 5th October 2011, 10:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Great accesories, I am also planning for similar ones for my ANHC?

Which sunfilm are you using on the windscreen and how much did you pay? Do you recommend it for high-speed night driving on highways?

How much tank-to-tank mileage are you getting in the city and the high way?
I have Llumar AIR75 on the windsheild. Price - around 5.5K.
There is no effect on visibility at night, in fact its great for night driving as it reduces the glare from oncoming vehicles.
It also reduces the temp on the dash when parked in the sun - barely warms the dash and steering wheel.

I get around 10-10.5 kmpl in the city with the AC on at all times.
My highway driving is limited. On my road trip in Dec 2010 ( Bengaluru-Mumbai-Nashik-Shirdi-Mumbai-Bengaluru - 3500 kms) I got an overall trip avg of 14 kmpl.
On recent shorter trips I have got 16.5 kmpl - avg speed of 100-120kmph. Push it beyond 120 and you can expect a max of 14 kmpl.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
I have Llumar AIR75 on the windsheild. Price - around 5.5K.
How does the Llumar compare with 3M equivalent CR70? Why did you choose Llumar over 3M?

Lastly where did you buy them from?

The windscreen on the ANHC lets in a lot of heat, and the leather seats don't help either. I need to get this done soon.

Thanks,
Bharat

Last edited by bharatbs : 5th October 2011 at 11:16.
Old 6th October 2011, 10:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
How does the Llumar compare with 3M equivalent CR70? Why did you choose Llumar over 3M?

Lastly where did you buy them from?

The windscreen on the ANHC lets in a lot of heat, and the leather seats don't help either. I need to get this done soon.

Thanks,
Bharat
No particular reason for going with Llumar over 3M. I was recommended Llumar by a friend and moreover I have 3M on my other cars, so just thought of trying a different brand.

I got them at Methods Automotive (near MTR) who are the distributors for Llumar.
Old 7th November 2011, 18:28   #54
BHPian

Hi chet1376,

This is the only Vento petrol manual transmission thread I can find in team-bhp.

I am not sure I am allowed to ask the following in this thread. I opened a thread in the 'What car?' section with similar questions, but GTO promptly deleted the thread citing that there were similar threads around.

Mods, if you find this posted in an inappropriate thread, would you kindly move my post to the appropriate thread, and let me know about it?

I am considering Honda City SMT and VW Vento Highline petrol (manual transmission). Since you own both City and Vento petrol, can you compare the two with respect to the following?

1) Ride and handling (both in city and on highways). If you can compare the steerings and gearshifts of the two cars, that would be great.
2) Power delivery (Is it noticeably poorer on the Vento with respect to the Honda?)
3) Fuel efficiency (both in city and on highways with 100% A/C on)
4) Ground clearance (The Honda City is known to scrape a few speed breakers, how is the Vento in comparison?)
5) Maintenance and service in terms of costs and quality (some of it may vary from city to city).
6) Any problems faced so far in either car?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Hi chet1376,

This is the only Vento petrol manual transmission thread I can find in team-bhp.

I am not sure I am allowed to ask the following in this thread. I opened a thread in the 'What car?' section with similar questions, but GTO promptly deleted the thread citing that there were similar threads around.

Mods, if you find this posted in an inappropriate thread, would you kindly move my post to the appropriate thread, and let me know about it?

I am considering Honda City SMT and VW Vento Highline petrol (manual transmission). Since you own both City and Vento petrol, can you compare the two with respect to the following?

1) Ride and handling (both in city and on highways). If you can compare the steerings and gearshifts of the two cars, that would be great.
2) Power delivery (Is it noticeably poorer on the Vento with respect to the Honda?)
3) Fuel efficiency (both in city and on highways with 100% A/C on)
4) Ground clearance (The Honda City is known to scrape a few speed breakers, how is the Vento in comparison?)
5) Maintenance and service in terms of costs and quality (some of it may vary from city to city).
6) Any problems faced so far in either car?

Thanks in advance.
Hi asitkde,

Its only after you mentioned it, I realised that mine is the only Manual transmission Petrol Vento - HL on T-BHP !!!

Before I respond to your queries, I would like to mention that My Honda City is not the ANHC but the Anniversary Edition, hence I am not sure if that the comparison you are looking at. Let me know if you still want my inputs on both the cars.
Old 26th November 2012, 15:25   #56

Hey chet1376,

I'm glad to have finally found a thread on the VW Vento Petrol! My father is on the lookout for a new car and after asking him about his requirements, I have shortlisted the VW Vento Highline and the Honda City V MT.

The problem now though is choosing between these two cars. My father and me are biased towards the Germans so we secretly want the Vento at the back of our heads, no matter what. But there are a few factors to consider..

Mainly, fuel efficiency and A-S-S are the only things that my father is worried about.

So, my father is light-footed and I'm lead-footed when it comes to driving. We live in Mysore so traffic is never a problem here. What kind of figures can we expect from the car, city and highway, considering both our driving styles? (A/C can be avoided as a deciding factor)

And with regards to servicing, is there anything you can highlight about VW, and the Vento in particular, with your experience so far?

Thanks!

Most Viewed