Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 09:11   #16
BHPian

Read through this article:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Yes, the stock HL bulbs and horn are crap. I upgraded mine to Philips HID Xenon and Hella twintone horn.

What else on the accessory list?
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Finished 1114 kms and send of the car for its first service today. got it back in the afternoon. Total cost 817/- 3.1 liters of 15w40. Is that the correct oil for this engine? i thought it was mobil delvac mx. the zing of the turbo is gone. On inquiring why he filled 3.1 instead of 2.9 he told me that he had cleaned the oil filter hence the extra oil. What a load of bull. The service was done near my work place at auto team, padivattam. Going back to my regular centre where the 800 gets serviced at popular north.

The car had taken a full tank + 500 rs worth of fuel (41.11 Per liter) to run 876 kms. filled in another 500 worth of fuel today.

So i cant give an exact mileage figure, untill the next tank top up, where in i have to add this 1000/- worth of fuel to the figure that i get from the filling station.

but i think it approximately works out to about 17mkpl.

Whenever i turn the cars key to Ignition (not crank position) the SVS light use to blink for a minute and come back after about 2 seconds, after that i crank the car and the light stays off permanently. Now what is happening is it goes after about 5 seconds and stays off. it does not come back like it used to. how is this in other cars.

Thanks for the link samigo, had been following Dieselfan's advice till now. have not crossed 2500 Rpm, have not touched the 1 ton mark of 100kmph till now.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Note to self: When i saw the car the yard it had 13kms on the odo, when i took delivery it had 24 kms on the odo. (I might forget this figure soon)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Last edited by govigov : 22nd November 2010 at 21:23.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Update:

Finished 1114 kms and send of the car for its first service today. got it back in the afternoon. Total cost 817/- 3.1 liters of 15w40. Is that the correct oil for this engine? i thought it was mobil delvac mx. the zing of the turbo is gone. On inquiring why he filled 3.1 instead of 2.9 he told me that he had cleaned the oil filter hence the extra oil.
Swift D's oil consumption is 3.1 Litre - Since Ritz has the same engine, I expect that 3.1 L should be the right quantity!

Quote:
Whenever i turn the cars key to Ignition (not crank position) the SVS light use to blink for a minute and come back after about 2 seconds, after that i crank the car and the light stays off permanently. Now what is happening is it goes after about 5 seconds and stays off. it does not come back like it used to. how is this in other cars.
The SVS light is supposed to stay on for 3-4 seconds when you switch on the battery [just before igniting]. After that it should go off and not come back once the engine is cranked. If it stays ON even after igniting or not going off even after 5 seconds, you should see as a concern and should contact the service centre!

One piece of advice - it will mostly stay ON after each service and you could ask them to connect the device and clear the error codes [It happens most of the time because they disconnect the battery].

Simple rule for running in the engine.

First 300 kms - RPM - On and below 2000 [Make sure that you run in the turbo space as well; you should use turbo albeit softly]
300 - 600 km - gear shift @ 2500-3000 rpm [Keep varying the speeds and dont keep it constant for long periods]
600 - 900 km - above 3500 and occasional red lining in first and second gears once the car is warmed up.

900 - 1000 kms - rip the car and vary the speeds and RPMs including red lining!

And there you are with the best way run-in car !

Congrats on your buy and wishing you miles of happy and safe motoring !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd November 2010 at 00:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2010, 00:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

1 month update:

odo reading 2584 kms.

Had calculated 2 tankful to tankful FE the first time the car took 98liters of diesel for 1670 kms. The odo read 250 when the trip was set. that is roughly about 17kmpl. after that reseted and then it took 30.4 liters of diesel for 594 kms. approx 19.5 kmpl.

the first time the car was entirely within the city and after the second fill up it had mad its maiden trip outside ernakulam district to munnar. round trip of 367kmd included in for the second FE calculations.

The oil level in the dip stick is about 7mm above the max mark when checked on cold mornings. As suspected the zing in the turbo is missing, that urge is not there now. :(

I would love the disconnect the EGR, the oil has already turned black after 1400kms after oil change.

The car has a sweet cruise spot in between 1800-2000 rpm.
Old 6th December 2010, 09:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The oil level in the dip stick is about 7mm above the max mark when checked on cold mornings.
You mean 7 mm below the max mark.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

@goandude,

Above the maximum mark.

Regards,
govigov
Old 13th December 2010, 12:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: After a long wait - The Ritz VDi

Quote:
@goandude,

Above the maximum mark.

Regards,
govigov
You must have about 500 to 700 ml of extra oil in your engine and this is BAD for the turbo.
Old 23rd December 2010, 07:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Update : 3600 kms on the odo today.

The oil level is horribly weird. I clean the dipstick and get the reading each time. Last couple of times, i just glanced at the opposite side of the measuring area and the level was a lil above the half way mark. And it has been there for a long time now. The car is giving good FE approx 18 in city traffic and night driving with 80% A/c.

This car runs out of juice pretty soon and that is frustrating.

ABS has not kicked in till now. i am thinking of doing a test to check it in the coming days.
Old 6th January 2011, 06:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Update:

It has been 2 months till date that the ritz has come to my hands. On Dec 28,29,30 it went for its maiden trip outside the state to coorg crossing the kerala border on the iritty - virajpet road. total round trip till back home of 1050 kms. returned and average FE of 19.3 for this trip.

today, the car was given for its second service at 4986 kms on its odo. washed, oil topped up, tire rotation and balancing by MASS. a person came home and picked up the car and dropped it back home. ZERO bill!!!
Old 13th February 2011, 00:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Update: crossed 6k a few days back, the oil level dipped dangerously low. only had about 3mm of oil on the dip stick, so took it to MASS, and got it topped up. There is no leakage as they checked and there are no oil stains in my garage. The oil top up was done for free by the MASS. Cool!
Old 13th February 2011, 14:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: crossed 6k a few days back, the oil level dipped dangerously low. only had about 3mm of oil on the dip stick, so took it to MASS, and got it topped up. There is no leakage as they checked and there are no oil stains in my garage. The oil top up was done for free by the MASS. Cool!
Oh, mine also almost reached the min mark on the stick @ around 9k mark and got it topped up @ MASS.

Will suggest keep an eye on the oil level and report back to MASS if needed,and make sure to keep the bills handy with you.

Cheers
Old 27th April 2011, 03:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Update: crossed 9800 kms yesterday and took it to MASS for the third and final free service. changed engine oil and oil filter. Tyre rotation and balancing. Engine feels smoother now. may be due the reason that engine oil was running for the past 8700 kms. SA suggested change to synthetic, but stuck to mineral. may upgrade to synthetic after 20k kms. SA has suugested oil change at 15K, which i am planning to do. total cost 1234/-. plus 105 for black steering grip. (the one that is wound with a rope)

the flow control knob of the a/c had issues which the service took care.(stubborn cable) no parts replaced.

gave the car for service at 1630 hours. stayed at the service station, got the car back at 1930 hrs.

no other issues to report.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

last weekend, ie aug 20 21 22 went on a road trip to madurai via punalur and return via munnar. good overall trip. after reaching home the odo was showing 740 kms. sad that it could not be an 800 km road trip. no fatigue at all even after doing the one way to madurai after 9 hrs of office.

last tuesday the car was rear headed by an activa as i had to brake because of a panic brake by an innova in front of me. the bumper was malformed, repair charges of rs 1133 at MASS.

The car has now reads 16233 kms. consistent FE till now. expecting a drop at about 18k as the air filter would be on its last leg by then.
Old 1st September 2011, 00:06   #29
BHPian

hi Govigov, i like your display cartoon.

Good to hear about your 16k km update. Ritz is a great car, awesome choice.

How is the tall boy feeling on the highways on high speeds? Switch to Mobil Delvac MX Oil and you'll see the difference.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2011, 15:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

@c4c, may upgrade to full synthetic at 20k. not yet decided.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks