Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 12:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
looks like the swift got into a street fight with the cayenne, 370z, a bit of chevy beat and the yeti seems to have had a go as well.

it sure does catch your eye, has good interiors, is fast and nice alloys too but still i would not want one for sure.
Pretty much my thoughts on the similarity front. If I have to make it simple, I see a FROG GRINNING !

It took some time to digest what I saw in the pics ! Man..what a creation ! FUNKY is the right word. And 0-100 in 6.2 s !!! Awesome dude. Could you post some spec details as well? Feeling lazy to check it on web. And whats the price of this?

Congratulations and Wish you miles of happy and safe driving !
Old 18th November 2010, 12:35   #17
BHPian

I had seen early pics of the juke a long while back, but this is the first time
I see a pic of one on the roads. It does look.err.umm.different.The front
looks like a VW new beetle but for the quirky top (headlights?).

IIRC Nissan has launched this as a small SUV and not a car.Kind of little brother of the Rogue, which itself is a little brother of the Murano..
Congrats on your new juke-box and have fun!Dare I say, it is the perfect antithesis of the box. Wonder why I called it jukebox.

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 18th November 2010 at 12:36. Reason: de-dotify.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:36   #18
BHPian

Hey. Congratulations on your new car. I feel it's good to follow your heart. We've got one life. Do what your heart pleases. Who know's- 'Kal ho na ho'.
Hey hey,got too filmy haan.
Neways I 'Luved' your Juke. Just luv it's 370 types rear light's and Murano influenced front end. Enjoy your pocket rocket and drive safe. Cheers!!
Old 18th November 2010, 12:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate, enjoy your new ride
Old 18th November 2010, 12:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

My first reaction was "What the heck is it".
But I like it, should be a micro SUV and not a hatchback. Can you post some pics from the rear with the hatch open. Guess it doesn't have much space behind the rear seats.

Is it not available in MT?

Last edited by srishiva : 18th November 2010 at 13:00.
Old 18th November 2010, 13:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car.

As already stated by someone, the rear 3 quarter looks funky but the front does take some getting used.

But the power is crazy. 187 from 1.6L Turbo . Does this run on normal petrol or high octane?
Old 18th November 2010, 13:36   #22
BHPian

Hi Mathranik,

Its kind of OOOOO at the first look at it, but after seeing it for some more time, i find this design really interesting.. Congrats on your buy.. It would definetly sell in US, but in INDIA, it would be doubtfull even if it comes.. When i got my beat, many people critisized me for getting that vehicle, just because of it design, woundering what people would talk if something like this comes here..
Old 18th November 2010, 13:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. I don't know why does the car remind of a Rhino's head , maybe from stance on that linky. That said it looks funky and has some jaw dropping GC.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:04   #24
BHPian

Congrats ! it looks kind of funky & some out of the box thinking by Nissan, i would buy one for sure, considering all the equipment on offer

Could not understand which are the headlights ? or are they the fog lamps ?
The back is simply too good, the front unconventional, but not too bad !
Old 18th November 2010, 14:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wow...I like the way it looks. Design is funky and fresh. Its a crossover right??
Looks like smaller version of Murano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I think the big and round ones are the headlights and fogs are extreme 2 on the lower bumper and turn indicators on the bonnet.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, it indeed is a different looking car and sure to turn heads. But, seems like during the time period of the shortlisted vehicle and actual choice the priorities have completely changed. Hence, this choice.

It would take a lot for me to ignore the Camaro and Mustang to choose this funky little car.

Btw, whats the landing price?
Old 18th November 2010, 15:16   #27
BHPian

The interesting part of this car is its radical lights from front to rear, superb looking HU and front stance along with great interiors. I find nothing wrong with this power bug. I really looks nice and different from rest on road. I should say it is most stylish radical hatch I have ever seen. Also i wonder when we get these type of ultra mordern interiors in our indian hatches?
Old 18th November 2010, 15:24   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your new car; Personally it is quite a sad looking vehicle to be in sorry but my taste is a little different,
How i wish you had bought a camaro
Old 18th November 2010, 15:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Guys.. "Beauty Lies in the Eyes of the Beholder" The owner likes it.. Thats it..
Thank you style, definitely, is a subjective matter. Believe it or not, Camaro was voted to be one of the top 5 ugliest vehicles of all times! It's one of my favorites though/

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
looks like the swift got into a street fight with the cayenne, 370z, a bit of chevy beat and the yeti seems to have had a go as well.

it sure does catch your eye, has good interiors, is fast and nice alloys too but still i would not want one for sure.
Nice description. Very very creative!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thats an interesting design. Rear has some similarities with its brother Murano, but front takes the cake :-). Position of head lamps/fog lamps are funny. Whatever, I like NISSAN cars available in US especially Altima coupe and 350Z.

Congrats and wishing you many happy miles :-), we need more pics!
Thanks a lot. More pics coming up tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations mate!

What a funky little car this! The Juke doesn't look bad at all! Yes the styling is sort of in-your-face, but there is nothing wrong with that! The automotive world needs cars like this. One can't expect every car to look sedate and just the same! That would be rather sad.

I see some overtones of the Nissan 370Z in the Jukes design. the lights at the back are similarly designed. There is a bit of Qashqai in it as well. A great little lifestyle car, this. I bet it's nippy as well! 187 horses in a small car is a lot and can be a handful at times!

What's the drivetrain? It should have full-time all-wheel-drive if I'm not wrong? Or is it FWD?
The inspiration from 370Z seems very obvious. Infact Nissan says that the bottom half is from the Z and the top half from a cross-over! I love the dynamics of the car - it's a great handler.

Its a 1.6 L turbocharged engine, churning out 188 horses. It's mated to a 6-speed automatic, in my case. And yes, its an AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
That is an interestingly funky looking car. I guess that many people wont find it attractive but I have to say that car is impressive. Great ride mate. But I have to say I am stunned that you chose it over your list which had a Camaro and a Mustang. That car is indeed very special for making you change your mind and get chosen over that list of yours.
Guess the Camaro would be my next car. I didn't really like the Mustange V6 after the testdrive, and the GT was out of my budget. This fit the bill perfectly. The turbo boost compensates for the styling loss over Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Congrats on your new car!

From some angles, it does look like a Swift that has been hitting the gym. The styling is quirky, but I like it.
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
congrats on the new car!
the design of the car is quite weird, but i think i know why you like it so much. there is definitely something about it!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Pretty much my thoughts on the similarity front. If I have to make it simple, I see a FROG GRINNING !

It took some time to digest what I saw in the pics ! Man..what a creation ! FUNKY is the right word. And 0-100 in 6.2 s !!! Awesome dude. Could you post some spec details as well? Feeling lazy to check it on web. And whats the price of this?

Congratulations and Wish you miles of happy and safe driving !
Turbocharged 188bhp engine, with 177 lb.ft of torque. All under 5500 rpm. It cost me 24k, all inclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
I had seen early pics of the juke a long while back, but this is the first time
I see a pic of one on the roads. It does look.err.umm.different.The front
looks like a VW new beetle but for the quirky top (headlights?).

IIRC Nissan has launched this as a small SUV and not a car.Kind of little brother of the Rogue, which itself is a little brother of the Murano..
Congrats on your new juke-box and have fun!Dare I say, it is the perfect antithesis of the box. Wonder why I called it jukebox.
Thank you. The exhaust note is 'music' to ears. Juke, it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey. Congratulations on your new car. I feel it's good to follow your heart. We've got one life. Do what your heart pleases. Who know's- 'Kal ho na ho'.
Hey hey,got too filmy haan.
Neways I 'Luved' your Juke. Just luv it's 370 types rear light's and Murano influenced front end. Enjoy your pocket rocket and drive safe. Cheers!!
Thank you. I'd try to drive safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congratulations mate, enjoy your new ride
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
My first reaction was "What the heck is it".
But I like it, should be a micro SUV and not a hatchback. Can you post some pics from the rear with the hatch open. Guess it doesn't have much space behind the rear seats.

Is it not available in MT?
Expect more pictures tomorrow. It has decent boot space, and under-floor storage.
It's available in 6 speed MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats on the new car.

As already stated by someone, the rear 3 quarter looks funky but the front does take some getting used.

But the power is crazy. 187 from 1.6L Turbo . Does this run on normal petrol or high octane?
It prefers to sip the high octane (recommended). Crazy acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hi Mathranik,

Its kind of OOOOO at the first look at it, but after seeing it for some more time, i find this design really interesting.. Congrats on your buy.. It would definetly sell in US, but in INDIA, it would be doubtfull even if it comes.. When i got my beat, many people critisized me for getting that vehicle, just because of it design, woundering what people would talk if something like this comes here..
Thanks there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Congrats on the new car. I don't know why does the car remind of a Rhino's head , maybe from stance on that linky. That said it looks funky and has some jaw dropping GC.
It has reptilian features, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Congrats ! it looks kind of funky & some out of the box thinking by Nissan, i would buy one for sure, considering all the equipment on offer

The back is simply too good, the front unconventional, but not too bad !
The round ones are the headlamps - they say it's rally car inspired, from the 60s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Wow...I like the way it looks. Design is funky and fresh. Its a crossover right??
Looks like smaller version of Murano.

I think the big and round ones are the headlights and fogs are extreme 2 on the lower bumper and turn indicators on the bonnet.
Yep, it's a crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats, it indeed is a different looking car and sure to turn heads. But, seems like during the time period of the shortlisted vehicle and actual choice the priorities have completely changed. Hence, this choice.

It would take a lot for me to ignore the Camaro and Mustang to choose this funky little car.

Btw, whats the landing price?
For me, with the options, it was 24k. Camaro is my next car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
The interesting part of this car is its radical lights from front to rear, superb looking HU and front stance along with great interiors. I find nothing wrong with this power bug. I really looks nice and different from rest on road. I should say it is most stylish radical hatch I have ever seen. Also i wonder when we get these type of ultra mordern interiors in our indian hatches?
Thank you. I love it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Congrats on your new car; Personally it is quite a sad looking vehicle to be in sorry but my taste is a little different,
How i wish you had bought a camaro
Hmm... it has grown on me.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th November 2010 at 17:51. Reason: excessive smileys removed.
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:59   #30
BHPian

Re: Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!

Mathranic ,I love your juke.Even though the styling is hard to digest ,the interiors are great.Nice alloys too.
Drive safe
SHK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks