Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 07:40   #1
BHPian

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!

Being in the US for just under 8 months, and with a driver's license a month old, it was time for my first LHD car. I live in Southern California, and probably have access to the best freeway network in the country. My basic criteria for the new car were :

- Sporty
- Not available in India
- Radical
- Well equipped interiors
- Great performance

Cars that I shortlisted and considered for purchase:

- Chevrolet Camaro
- Ford Mustang
- Honda CRZ
- Nissan Altima Coupe

All the cars above are two-door, and quintessentially two seaters. I thought of getting something that can accommodate four in reasonable comfort. While at the Nissan dealership, I came across a recent launch - Nissan Juke - and one test drive later, I was Sold! Crazy styling, great interiors, turbo 1.6L producing 187 thorough-breds and low profile 17" all weather tires. God-sent!
I bought it the same hour, and here is how it looks!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6902.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6903.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6906.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6899.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6901.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6905.jpg  

Nissan Juke - My pocket rocket!-img_6907.jpg  

Last edited by mathranik : 18th November 2010 at 07:47.
mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2010, 08:50   #2
vdi
BHPian

WOW, I don't know who copied whom, but looks a SWIFT to me. Anyway interiors are cool and that grill and alloys look great.
Old 18th November 2010, 09:42   #3
BANNED

sorry to say... but didn't see anything more disgusting than this..... I wish it would make to top 50 ugly cars list.

Top Ten Ugliest Cars of 2010 | Chris on Cars
Old 18th November 2010, 09:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

I find it quite funky, startles you then you get to like it!
Old 18th November 2010, 09:55   #5
BHPian

Congrats !

Further more interesting that someone could choose this over cars frm the list below :

- Chevrolet Camaro
- Ford Mustang
- Honda CRZ
- Nissan Altima Coupe

Drive safe
Old 18th November 2010, 10:20   #6
BHPian

It is a funky one indeed. Very different from the run of the mill vehicles. I love the rear and side profiles. The front does take a bit of getting used to.

This new segment is producing some really unique cars! Great choice mathranik. The others (with the exception of the CRZ) are a dime a dozen now a days.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
WOW, I don't know who copied whom, but looks a SWIFT to me. Anyway interiors are cool and that grill and alloys look great.
I guess, from the B to C pillar it does resemble the swift. But the resemblance ends there

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
sorry to say... but didn't see anything more disgusting than this..... I wish it would make to top 50 ugly cars list.

Top Ten Ugliest Cars of 2010 | Chris on Cars
The car does induce polarizing reactions, as far as looks are concerned. Love-it-or-hate-it! I think what got me to get this car was its power-on-demand feature. 0 - 100 kmph in 6.5 seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I find it quite funky, startles you then you get to like it!
I couldn't agree more. Besides, looks are just skin deep. I love the interiors though - very feature rich. 6 airbags, electric sunroof, ABS, TCS, bluetooth and ipod connectivity, cruise control, I-CON display (power and climate control interface), 6 speaker audio system with 8 inch subwoofer, et al. Pretty much fully loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Congrats !

Further more interesting that someone could choose this over cars frm the list below :

- Chevrolet Camaro
- Ford Mustang
- Honda CRZ
- Nissan Altima Coupe

Drive safe
Thank you! What ruled this in favor was its capacity to seat 4 in comfort, while still being pretty agile. Sporty, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
It is a funky one indeed. Very different from the run of the mill vehicles. I love the rear and side profiles. The front does take a bit of getting used to.

This new segment is producing some really unique cars! Great choice mathranik. The others (with the exception of the CRZ) are a dime a dozen now a days.
You are absolutely correct. It's more or less the same price as the others I mentioned.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Jeezz !

That looks like the love child of a Cayenne and a Frog !
Cant get myself to digest the looks of this one...
Old 18th November 2010, 10:52   #9
BHPian

Guys.. "Beauty Lies in the Eyes of the Beholder" The owner likes it.. Thats it..
Old 18th November 2010, 10:56   #10
BHPian

looks like the swift got into a street fight with the cayenne, 370z, a bit of chevy beat and the yeti seems to have had a go as well.

it sure does catch your eye, has good interiors, is fast and nice alloys too but still i would not want one for sure.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thats an interesting design. Rear has some similarities with its brother Murano, but front takes the cake :-). Position of head lamps/fog lamps are funny. Whatever, I like NISSAN cars available in US especially Altima coupe and 350Z.

Congrats and wishing you many happy miles :-), we need more pics!
Old 18th November 2010, 11:15   #12
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations mate!

What a funky little car this! The Juke doesn't look bad at all! Yes the styling is sort of in-your-face, but there is nothing wrong with that! The automotive world needs cars like this. One can't expect every car to look sedate and just the same! That would be rather sad.

I see some overtones of the Nissan 370Z in the Jukes design. the lights at the back are similarly designed. There is a bit of Qashqai in it as well. A great little lifestyle car, this. I bet it's nippy as well! 187 horses in a small car is a lot and can be a handful at times!

What's the drivetrain? It should have full-time all-wheel-drive if I'm not wrong? Or is it FWD?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th November 2010 at 11:17.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:16   #13
BHPian

That is an interestingly funky looking car. I guess that many people wont find it attractive but I have to say that car is impressive. Great ride mate. But I have to say I am stunned that you chose it over your list which had a Camaro and a Mustang. That car is indeed very special for making you change your mind and get chosen over that list of yours.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car!

From some angles, it does look like a Swift that has been hitting the gym. The styling is quirky, but I like it.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:12   #15
BHPian

congrats on the new car!
the design of the car is quite weird, but i think i know why you like it so much. there is definitely something about it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks