Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2010, 15:18   #31
BHPian

Good one. I normally first look out for pics in a post to justify but i got glued with the first teaser. Happy driving.
Old 27th November 2010, 16:10   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats Super Cool pics of the car - Sure now the Wagon R looks good thru this pics. But still the same bland looks when you see it in flesh !

My dad also bought the "blue eyed boy" ! I had an extensive test drive as well which spanned for around 1300 kms [1100 kms on highway and 100 kms in the city.

Will look forward for your experience and will add my points as well when required.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !
Old 27th November 2010, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you anvancy!

Though I'm late, I would like to congratulate you for bringing home this 'blue eyed boy'.

I am speechless. It's as if I have been waiting for this all along, knowing what to expect from you, and when it arrives and I open the thread, it straightaway exceeds all my expectations.

OT: How do you manage to get perfect light for your interior shots? Did you take your car to studio by any chance?

PS: Rated 5 stars to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My dad also bought the "blue eyed boy" ! I had an extensive test drive as well which spanned for around 1300 kms [1100 kms on highway and 100 kms in the city.
1100 kms + 100 kms = 1200 kms!!

So, where did the remaining 100 kms vanish? :P

Last edited by Klub Class : 27th November 2010 at 16:31.
Old 27th November 2010, 17:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Man, These pics are mindblowing! Keep up the good work. awaiting the next part eagerly. Most importantly, do post those mindblowing pics at regular intervals
Old 27th November 2010, 23:15   #35
BHPian

Hi there,

A hearty congrats on your new car. I logged in after quite some time to find to my pleasant surprise another waggy review at last and that too on the home page . Good going . Very good pictures btw.
Old 28th November 2010, 13:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Hi Anvancy

Your photographs certainly do not look to be in the learning stages - unless you are Pro. What the heck to our eyes you are almost there.

I have been an Wagon R owner since 5 years - which means the ones which were before the modded era of the WR.
Let me vouch that the seating ergonomics are best in the class - I don't say this but my family members above 60 do.

How do you feel about the shoes the Wagon wears? IMO that is a dampner in an otherwise good vehicle. I had changed my stock to Bridgestone and also converted to alloy wheels.
Forgot your post.

Well the platform and the aim of this car is for city.and I feel the tyres though a little thin do their job.I am going to answer that question too.

Thanks Lancersfx.visual presentation makes people happy.

To an extent true swift.but when you look at other models offered from other companies,the design element is minimal.so in a way for the wagonR they have not given a facelift.they have provided a complete platform lift.and this is one of the premiere reasons for it selling huge numbers for its platform.by huge I mean many people are preferring it now.cool.long run.you can share anything particular or anything which u feel could have been done.

KlubClass:no Sir.you are not late.I am glad that you liked the pics.constantly trying to improvise and look out to make the shots better.

Studio?hahha..do u think I am that *rich*to afford studio rent,lighting rent and stuff.and to counter you,that interior shot is not perfect.I forgot to do an inside bounce shot. for studio,ill have to sell of my wagonR for that.I think there is a meet planning going on on a car photoshoot stuff.keep a check on the pune meet one.

Thanks AkMar.Though after sometime Ill get bored clicking wagonR only.I need new cars.hahah.

Thanks Nutcase.I am going through your review also.

Just finalizing the engine photos.will post up by today.

Anvancy
Old 28th November 2010, 13:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Anvancy,great shots indeed.Which cam and lens do you use?Did you use a tripod for the long exposures?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th November 2010 at 13:51.
Old 28th November 2010, 14:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

@Anvancy >
Nice pics. Still waiting for the review and ownership experience.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 28th November 2010, 14:33   #39
BHPian

Thanks Sagar.I Use a 550D with kit lenses.and a delicate vivitar tripod.

Thanks jaysmokes.already covered exterior and interior review.

Anvancy
Old 28th November 2010, 19:46   #40
BHPian

Engine And Miscellaneous Review

Just Like the interior and exterior counts,so does the Engine Performance.A car should perform as promised under the platform umbrella right?the exterior looks cool,the interiors are comfortable but if the engine is a sluggish one then will you enjoy driving it?mostly No.So lets see whats the engine.

The Heart of the TallBoy.

A quick Look at the Specs:
998cc
All Aluminum Light Weight engine.
68PS/6200RPM
90/3500RPM Torque.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3077-copy.jpg

The KB10 engine of the WagonR is a pure City Breed Engine.Well frankly the WagonR is more aimed towards city driving.
When you start the engine you know its a 3 cylinder but in my two months I didnt feel like I am starting a 3cylinder engine.The ignition is smooth and nice for the platform.its not that you shake along with the ignition like the old cars.some said that it exists but frankly in my two months usage I never felt the ignition 3 cylinder shake.he starts quick and gets silent.So in a way Suzuki Refinement.

The official Tbhp review states a low torque response.True.put him in first gear and a acceleration to a point makes him go like a for the sake of going.Some cars even at that initial acceleration point gives you the ability to play.So the feel is an overall usage.But here the initial acceleration point is more of moving it.Cruising can be done.But I think the engine is not made for cruising.Being a tallboy he deserves the accelerator to be pressed.the beauty of this engine is the mid area of the curve.U press beyond that cruising point and suddenly there is a shift in power and the car builds up speed instant.(ofcourse not like swift edge seat experience.common its a 998cc).And I feel that this particular mid area of graph is just superb to use in city driving.the instant response segment standard makes it a joy to drive.My sis said that the engine sound is like a mini jet.when it accelerates it makes this sound which is fun to hear.Also Ill point that the noise dampening works balanced.it makes it a point to cut off the sound from the engine but does not overkill it.the roar is transferred inside and to you.and seriously hearing it roar is nice.some say its a headache.for me no.I enjoy hear him roar in short bursts.I have not yet tested it in the Highway so Top speed is not yet observed.

the Lightweight engine and refined work also speaks of average.I am getting around 16-17kmpl in the city with mix usage of AC.pretty decent.Speaking of AC now lets focus on it shall we.

Air Conditioning:(the Good Part)

india summer and in general temps are high.and it is said maruti knows indian climate best.The Air conditioning unit makes it a point to keep you cool.the AC is in fact powerful even at lower settings.my fellow travellers have said that they felt sort of beyond comfortable at level 2 setting at particular point of time.the AC does its job very well.You will be not disappointed by its performance.But you are going to be disappointed by the side-effect of the AC.Specially Enthusiasts.

The Bad Part:

being a 998cc car,it has to many jobs.Run AC and pull the steel structure along with 4 ever changing weight patterns?it is a small engine.give it some air.you switch on the AC and the power shifts.here the low torque response actually comes forward.the thing is the AC starts to eat power from the engine.the engine has a low response.the end result??Lag.It is not like this lag is a big long one.Its short,the engine picks up.but the lag is certainly noticeable.

To put in perspective,consider two situations.a normal road say the RajBhavan Road after university.a nice big road.even if the AC is switched on,there is lag.but that lag is recovered and the car responses quickly.though the lag is noticeable and you will observe that it takes x+more amount of time to reach that particular speed.but he reaches.so not such a headache.

Now put him in a Busy Shopping Day Laxmi Road.Bumper Bumper Kiss Kissy types.This is the place where the lag is at its worst.Low Torque+small engine+AC is the worst combo for such situations.When the situation gets worst you simply have to turn off the AC.no other option.turning it off makes the car more responsive in such situations.once that situation vanishes you can switch the AC on again.I am not saying that in Bumper to Bumper traffic the car cant move.He ofcourse can.the point is the lag is at its worst and you will face difficulties in B to B situations.that becomes frustrating.really.

GearBox:

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3333-copy.jpg

I have heard that the old wagonR had a lousy gearbox.maruti did their homework and have presented a better functioning gearbox.it is smooth and still has that patent maruti khat khat feel when you change the gears.in short not like hyundai makkhan marke.
In slow speed you will have to play in the 1st and 2nd gear but when the road starts to clear you can have fun in the 3rd and 4th.he has ample space in the 3rd gear which is really a good point.the shift is smooth.though at times I face tiny difficulty getting it into first.Clutch play is typical wagonR.

the other star point is the design of the lever.When i saw at first,oval??of all shapes..oval??but really this oval shapes fits in your hands beautifully and gives a sense of fulfillment while you change the gear.

I forgot to add Boot space in my interior review part.

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3455-copy.jpg

Maruti has compromised sitting space for boot space.this makes the boot space smaller than the earlier version.But still it is decent.though US suitcases may be a problem if you go to airport to pick up your 4 relatives coming from there.

Misc photos:

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3424-copy.jpg

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3425-copy.jpg

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3427-copy.jpg

The Blue Eyed Boy Initial Review-WagonR!-img_3432-copy.jpg

Conclusion:

First Let us see which category of people *SHOULD NOT* buy this car.Those who feel:
1.Power.this is a 998cc car.there is low torque response.no enthu feel in it.
2.AC performance.the AC works good but eats up engine power.so if you want zero lag look someplace else.
3.Looks.Many say the car has got no looks.So you want curves?look someplace else.
4.Interior Noise Levels:though the NVH has been refined some like utter quiet in budget hatchbacks too.so for you people,may be an I10.
5.Main Highway usage:this is not intended for *daily highway usage*if you know what I mean.

Now let us see and help those who are in doubts and are inclining towards the WagonR.
1.Platform:this is not a facelift but an entire platform facelift.this tallboy is not at all bad.
2.Senior people can buy this car.Due to its height and sturdy feel and space,they will find it easy to drive around.
3.You want to Gift your spouse a car?why not a WagonR?believe me her friends will go ga ga over the back legroom and space.3 in an I10 starts to feel cramped.and it can hold lot of shopping bags.
4.You want to gift your son/daughter a first car?Do consider the WagonR.occasional trips along with friends going for movies and college,this is perfect.

So You get my point.the aim is city driving with a dash of trips.So if your usage is 70+30,the WagonR can suit you.Beautiful space usage,refreshing interiors,nice fuel efficiency,and nice view of the road makes the wagonR a very strong contender.This is a car if you think by your head.Simple.You want power and statement and performance,look some place else.

For City Usage he deserves to be in your family.Give it a thought before finalizing your purchase.When so many people are buying the wagonR there is something that is driving the common man towards it.its the benefits.and the wagonR shines in it.It is a refined horse from maruti.and truly the Blue Eyed Boy craves for your attention.

My view,if your criteria is city usage,and are in the 4L budget,buy this.you will feel happy.

Lastly Ill post me and my car here.

I am happy with my purchase.

If you have any doubts do post.Ill try to clear them.If you have any suggestions regarding better running of my wagonR do post them here.If you have suggestions on my photos also do post them.

Hope you all enjoyed my review.

Anvancy

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2010 at 12:47. Reason: Inserting images inline correctly.
Old 28th November 2010, 21:17   #41
BHPian

Hi Anvancy, congratulations on your blue-eyed boy.

But seriously, you make the Wagon-R look good !
Old 28th November 2010, 21:56   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Anvancy,i cant resist myself from asking this-"What postprocessing have you done for these pics ?".They literally look like the ones found in the car brochures!
Old 29th November 2010, 08:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

A suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
KlubClass: No Sir.you are not late.I am glad that you liked the pics.constantly trying to improvise and look out to make the shots better.
Anvancy, don't call me Sir. I'm only 15.

Quote:
Studio?hahha..do u think I am that *rich*to afford studio rent,lighting rent and stuff.and to counter you,that interior shot is not perfect.I forgot to do an inside bounce shot. for studio,ill have to sell of my wagonR for that.I think there is a meet planning going on on a car photoshoot stuff.keep a check on the pune meet one.
Trust me, those pictures really looks like they were clicked inside a studio.

From the pics that you had posted here, it seems that you've not yet installed ICE in your car.

So, how about trading the pictures to Maruti? They'll will surely buy your pics and you can buy a high end audio equipment with that cash
Old 29th November 2010, 10:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

@Anvancy

That is THE BEST ever photo of the gear knob. I have seen hundreds of brochures of high end cars, but the gear knob had never been shot so beautifully.

Keep up the great work!
Old 29th November 2010, 15:52   #45
BHPian

I second ajay_satpute that the picture of gear knob is one of the best i have seen till date even if the most expensive cars like Audi's, Bmw's or be it Merc are compared. The gear knob presented by you looks simply stunning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks