Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 22:23   #61

Re: Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!

Hey Vipin! could you please give me details of the Witson GPS touchscreen as and when you find out, will be much appreciated.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:20   #62
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!

Mod Note : Please do NOT post any content / pictures about illegal speeds on public roads

Hey Guys!

It been donkey's years that this thread has been updated, but i've been really busy (and lazy) to update the thread. I've got the following accessories installed in the car:
  • 'Autoform' branded Seat Covers (Skin Fit)
  • 3M Sun Film on the windscreen and Autographix all around
  • Witson Touchscreen Head Unit with DVD, GPS, Bluetooth, AUX, USB et al. Also got the reversing camera installed.
  • Leather wrapped steering cover
The following are the recent developments:

• The first service has been done and the Speed Sensitive Auto Lock feature has been activated.
  • The FE within the City is around 10-11 and Highways is around 14-15. I consider it to be pretty good considering the way i rev the nuts off the engine.
  • On my recent trips to Chandigarh, Kasauli, Jaipur, Nainital, Ramgarh & Mukteshwar the car managed easy average speeds of 140-150 kmph on the Highways & 60-70 on the hills. Jaipur & Chandigarh Highway were amazing and it was an absolute pleasure driving on the same. I used the GPS to reach Kasauli and ended up taking a short cut via the Old Kasauli Road. It's a scarily narrow road and my wife, mom & MIL were scared & praying till we reached. Can't say the same about the Nainital Highway though, which was irritating and frustrating with people violating every law possible! The roads uphill were pleasantly well paved and the weather was amazing as well. The car's size was a boon on the narrow hilly roads, especially en route Ramgarh & Mukteshwar.
  • My earlier problem of the car running to the right appeared again so i went to get it checked. Turned out to be that the front tyre had uneven wearing and whichever side (in the front) you shift it to, the car runs in that direction. The tyre was finally rotated to the rear but i can still feel slight running to the left. I've informed the Manager at the workshop and he also gave me the JK guys' number but i haven't followed it up till date. I brushed into a fence whicle reversing because of the alignment issue and it dented and chipped some paint off the rear driving side fender. I was at a speed of 10 kmph! I look at it everyday and it hurts.
  • On my way to the F1 Race at the Buddhh International Circuit, i was able to clock around 170+ & the car still felt stable. Looking forward to opening her up further.
I've attached a few photographs now and would be putting up more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc00067.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc00074.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc00100.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc00211001.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc00536.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc01588.jpg  

Polo 1.6 Red Devil...the Germans got the better of me!-dsc01890.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2012 at 13:14. Reason: Please do NOT post any content / pictures about illegal speeds on public roads
vipinjoshi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks