Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 08:53   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My birthday gift: Skoda Laura 2.0TDI MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
can any of the existing laura owners throw some light on how capable the 2 chillers are in the car?What all purposes can they fulfill?I still haven't used either of them.
Not much useful really - at least in my pre-facelift version. In my car AC is not that powerful - thankfully Bangalore is not that demanding. But I heard the current model has better AC bits. When I read the spec, I thought I would be able to carry ice-cream, etc. but its not that chilled.

It can be used for small water bottle, coke-can, chocolates and stuff like that. I often carry cakes and so I just turn up the AC with all vents pointed to the front-passenger seat where I keep the cake. Rarely used the chillers as I don't do coke and stuff ;-)
Old 8th January 2011, 15:51   #32
BHPian

This question was always in my mind that how efficient can a chiller be in a car?I highly doubt that it will keep my colas and water cool during long distance trips.

Between a small update i got a letter from the skoda dealership today from the customer service dept thanking me for choosing skoda,Has skoda started to take its customers seriously?
Old 8th January 2011, 16:28   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I do not know about other places, but here in Gurgaon Skoda sales guys treat their customers very well. They are much much better than the guys at VW dealership in Gurgaon, who behave as if they are selling Bentleys and none of the customers can afford their cars.

I remember so many instances where i walked in to this Skoda dealership casually to just to have look on the cars and took TDs multiple times(Fabia, Octy, Superb, Laura TSi), I always declared my intention in the beginning, still never ever any of the sales guys lose interest in me. And see one day i bought a car from them.
Old 8th January 2011, 20:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
They are much much better than the guys at VW dealership in Gurgaon, who behave as if they are selling Bentleys and none of the customers can afford their cars.
i totally agree the VW guys on mg road take the customer too casually,Its an attitude which reeks of arrogance.
Old 13th January 2011, 14:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Not much useful really - at least in my pre-facelift version. In my car AC is not that powerful - thankfully Bangalore is not that demanding. But I heard the current model has better AC bits. When I read the spec, I thought I would be able to carry ice-cream, etc. but its not that chilled.

It can be used for small water bottle, coke-can, chocolates and stuff like that. I often carry cakes and so I just turn up the AC with all vents pointed to the front-passenger seat where I keep the cake. Rarely used the chillers as I don't do coke and stuff ;-)
As you have the pre-facelift version, have you faced the AC problem that Lauras were believed to have?
Old 13th January 2011, 14:53   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ricky I believe you are asking the question since you plan to buy a Laura.

The Laura compressor is available for 35K or less in the market outside. I have had to get one replaced outside just after the warranty lapsed (at 2.5 years - 40k kms).

I suggest you keep 35K spare for a compressor replacement if you are not lucky with the purchase, when it happens. That would be a better way of going about it.

PM me for getting one of these at the price mentioned if you are not able to yourself.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:06   #37
BHPian

Completed 900kms on my laura today,the engine seems to be getting better day by day.It has various small small features which are very useful and helpful at times.

1.While locking the car long press the lock key on the remote key for about 5-6 secs and this will also fold the side view mirrors if not done so already,And when the next time when you unlock the car and open the doors the side view mirrors open up automatically.

2.We can also deactivate the security system by double locking the car within about 2 secs(i don't know whether this is useful or not but for sure looks like an added advantage)

3.Rear center armrest doesn't drop down but is supported by hinges in the horizontal position giving a more up market feel.

A few things that bother me-

1.Why cant we change the Avg. figures to kmpl instead of l/100km.
2.What do the TP,AS button in the music system stand for?
3.Trip computer 1 resets randomly everytime i start the car.

Overall what a car to own,Nowadays i find reasons to get out of the house just to drive my laura.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:19   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post

1.While locking the car long press the lock key on the remote key for about 5-6 secs and this will also fold the side view mirrors if not done so already,And when the next time when you unlock the car and open the doors the side view mirrors open up automatically.
In Addition to folding the mirrors, the Windows also close automatically. All 4 window glasses come down when the unlock button is kept pressed.

Quote:
3.Rear center armrest doesn't drop down but is supported by hinges in the horizontal position giving a more up market feel.
I guess you know the boot can be accessed through the rear armrest.

Quote:
3.Trip computer 1 resets randomly everytime i start the car.
Trip 1 resets every time car is parked for more than 2 hours. Trip 2 needs to be manually adjusted. Trip 1 serves as Data of the trip.
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
In Addition to folding the mirrors, the Windows also close automatically. All 4 window glasses come down when the unlock button is kept pressed.
yup knew this beforehand only.....quite a common feature nowadays.

Quote:
I guess you know the boot can be accessed through the rear armrest.
it was like one of the highlights of the car for me when i went to check it out :P

anshuman brother isn't there any way to convert l/100km to kmpl?
Old 24th January 2011, 10:35   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Trumpcard one can easily covert l/100km to kmpl.

Read the manual for details, but basically using the right side steering stalk one needs to go into settings (while the car is stationary) and then into units and select the appropriate units. To enter this settings mode one needs to keep the toggle up and down button both pressed together for a few seconds.
Old 24th January 2011, 10:45   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Trumpcard one can easily covert l/100km to kmpl.

Read the manual for details, but basically using the right side steering stalk one needs to go into settings (while the car is stationary) and then into units and select the appropriate units. To enter this settings mode one needs to keep the toggle up and down button both pressed together for a few seconds.
You have an L&K which has the multidot display. His car dosent, so I dont think it can be converted to kmpl.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
You have an L&K which has the multidot display. His car dosent, so I dont think it can be converted to kmpl.
Thats what i know,Because my car doesnt have the multidot display!
Old 25th January 2011, 00:54   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You can convert units to kmpl only on the L&K's MaxiDot display; not on the Elegance or Ambiente.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:24   #44
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops sorry about the wrong advice on l/100km to kmpl conversion without realizing that the model was different.

Trumpcard what exactly is the kind of display that you have. If it is digital it may be possible to change it through the VAS; paying the SC guys a bit of money could get it done for you? Have you checked with them if it can be enabled with some cash? as obviously this not being standard procedure would not be done by them just on request.
Old 25th January 2011, 14:47   #45
BHPian

ACM well there are 2 displays on laura one is the normal B/W on the ambient and elegance trims and then there is the maxidot(as mentioned by akki_5) on the L&K version.I have not inquired about it though,guess will have to pay the SC a visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks