Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 00:19   #46
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: My birthday gift: Skoda Laura 2.0TDI MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Oops sorry about the wrong advice on l/100km to kmpl conversion without realizing that the model was different.

Trumpcard what exactly is the kind of display that you have. If it is digital it may be possible to change it through the VAS; paying the SC guys a bit of money could get it done for you? Have you checked with them if it can be enabled with some cash? as obviously this not being standard procedure would not be done by them just on request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
ACM well there are 2 displays on laura one is the normal B/W on the ambient and elegance trims and then there is the maxidot(as mentioned by akki_5) on the L&K version.I have not inquired about it though,guess will have to pay the SC a visit.
I tried changing my normal digital display units using Vag-Com, doesn't work. No point in bothering the SC guys as they can't do even the basic features that i can with the Vag-Com.
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:18   #47
BHPian

1500 kms update-

The Car has some presence on road everything on it looks like it has been crafted with a purpose.Laura etched on the headlamps is one of the main highlights of this car.

>The average that i have been getting in the city varies from 12.5kmpl to 17kmpl depending upon the traffic and the driving styles(only 1 driver).
>On the highways it easily surpasses 18kmpl and sometimes gives 20kmpl +
>The horn is simply superb.
>One thing that i feel is that the steering is a bit too light for my liking,I like the heavy steering feel of the beemers.The steering feel in my 3 is simply outstanding.
>The boot is enormous.
>Fog lights aren't that effective.
>Reversing this car is a breeze contrary to what people feel.
>Beige interiors are a pain in the ***.
>No USB.......what a glaring omission ,I fail to understand why VW,Skoda dont have them in their cars like laura,superb,jetta and others.
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:19   #48
BHPian

Here is pic of my car at night.
Attached Thumbnails
My birthday gift: Skoda Laura 2.0TDI MT-imag0248.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2011, 23:16   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post

>The average that i have been getting in the city varies from 12.5kmpl to 17kmpl depending upon the traffic and the driving styles(only 1 driver). -Absolutely normal

>On the highways it easily surpasses 18kmpl and sometimes gives 20kmpl + -I get similar figures

>The horn is simply superb. - Surely sounds sweets, but is ineffective in our traffic

>One thing that i feel is that the steering is a bit too light for my liking,I like the heavy steering feel of the beemers.The steering feel in my 3 is simply outstanding. -Well you have an earlier version of 3, even the new 3 now comes with Servotronic EPS which is told to be as light as the Laura. Laura's steering could have been heavier but it is Direct and offers good feedback

>The boot is enormous. -Agreed

>Fog lights aren't that effective. -I find them good, high beam could have been better.

>Reversing this car is a breeze contrary to what people feel. -Thanks to the accurate reversing sensors which are standard even on the Ambiente

>Beige interiors are a pain in the ***. I feel the pain too

>No USB.......what a glaring omission ,I fail to understand why VW,Skoda dont have them in their cars like laura,superb,jetta and others. -Agree
Being a owner of the Laura, i have added my comments in bold above. My observations are slightly different, don't take them negatively.

I am surprised to note you did not mention about the Drive-ability/In gear Acceleration, the best thing about Laura MT.

Hope to see you sometime at a Gurgaon meet.
Old 3rd March 2011, 00:07   #50
BHPian

A few more points-
>Boot can be accessed from the cabin itself through the center armrest in the rear bench.
>Rear AC vents (more like a necessity during our summers here)
>The 2 chillers(haven't tested them yet)-can existing owners throw some light on them like for what purpose do they use them.
>Finding your best driving position is very easy.

Quote:
I am surprised to note you did not mention about the Drive-ability/In gear Acceleration, the best thing about Laura MT.
my bad i missed the sweetest point of them all.

Quote:
Hope to see you sometime at a Gurgaon meet.
definitely
Old 6th November 2011, 11:43   #51
BHPian

Hi Trumpcard,
How is your car doing? You haven't updated this thread since quite a while.

I see that you have mentioned that the steering is a bit too light to your liking. Doesn't the steering weigh up as the speed increases?
Old 13th March 2013, 17:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Trumpcard,
How is your car doing? You haven't updated this thread since quite a while.

I see that you have mentioned that the steering is a bit too light to your liking. Doesn't the steering weigh up as the speed increases?
I have been too lazy to maintain the three for the past 1.5 years because i am in mumbai currently pursuing my MBA( almost over now), Because of this the car has completed just over 26,000kms in 2 1/4 years.
Still love the car for everything it offers.The FE keeps me happy always, i get about 21+kmpl on the highways and 16-18kmpl in the city.
Got the DRL's and Autolock activated via VAG-COM through SC about a year ago but they couldn't figure out how to activate the needle staging and cornering lights .Because of the sweet experience with our Laura we went ahead and purchased another skoda, Yeti 4x4.
Will do my best to keep the thread alive once i am home in about 2 weeks time.
Old 18th October 2013, 14:05   #53
BHPian

Time to wake up an old thread, Was in mumbai for a greater part of 2011-2013 for my higher studies and the car was back home therefore it has completed only 33k mms in about 2 years and 10 months.But this car is very close to my heart and i prefer it over the yeti and the 320d that we have.It does make me feel special...if i may say so.

AVERAGE- 15-17kmpl in the city/ 18-20kmpl on the highway(AC on at all times).

PROS- The huge boot, light steering, almost zero turbo lag, projector setup does make it a breeze in the city and a star on the highway.

SPEED BUMP- The AC compressor conked off in may 2013, got it fixed under the goodwill gesture setup by the SC(car was out of warranty). Had to pay about 18k for the same, Initial estimate touched 90k.

NIGGLES- The dashboard on the passenger side rattles when going over uneven surfaces.

MISC- Got the Pirelli P7 cintuaro in stock size for the car at 30k mark. The grip around corners has increased considerably and NVH have reduced drastically.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks