Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 16:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!

Quote:
don't you think the ~110 bhp engine is underpowered considering Cruze has ~ 150 bhp and new Accent (2011 model) is expected to have 135 bhp diesel engine?

The only Hyundai i will buy is a I10 AT. Chevy interiors were as good as my Swift in terms of quality(Personal). I liked the Laura DSG which has higher BHP with the same engine. But i fell in love with the Jetta for the ride quality. We test drove both Jetta and Laura the same day and we loved the ride quality of Jetta.

And the 110BHP of this engine is definitely not under powered. Atleast i wouldnt call it underpowered.

My personal wish list would be VW allowing official remapping of this engine as it does 140BHP in the Laura DSG.
Quote:

Please make sure that they (Service center) take your car into the workshop
Met the SA and they said it will cost around 3K to repaint as the damage is only at the paint level. I am almost very close to give the car to get it re-painted as I cant stand looking at the scar everyday (Because of me)

Last edited by VW2010 : 4th March 2011 at 16:30.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:06   #62

Hello vw2010
Remapping a vdub isn't easy in india because we don't have the facility yet

Pete's too don't have a chip. Do they?

Do let us know about the scratch. Any pics?

Ps : I still like the black more

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The only Hyundai i will buy is a I10 AT. Chevy interiors were as good as my Swift in terms of quality(Personal). I liked the Laura DSG which has higher BHP with the same engine. But i fell in love with the Jetta for the ride quality. We test drove both Jetta and Laura the same day and we loved the ride quality of Jetta.

And the 110BHP of this engine is definitely not under powered. Atleast i wouldnt call it underpowered.

My personal wish list would be VW allowing official remapping of this engine as it does 140BHP in the Laura DSG.

Met the SA and they said it will cost around 3K to repaint as the damage is only at the paint level. I am almost very close to give the car to get it re-painted as I cant stand looking at the scar everyday (Because of me)
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
3D mats for the car. They are like trays and very easy to clean the car. Just lift the tray and throw away the dust/sand including spills.
Great! Are these standard on a Jetta Comfortline or did you have to purchase as an extra? I can't seem to find one that is made by VW
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Sun film - Vcool K-14 and Air-75 LLUMAR
Hi VW2010 - I'm sure this choice was made after due research . May I request how you arrived at this and if you had considered using some others (and maybe scrapped them due to some reason or other). Will be glad to hear about the full story. Many thanks.
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! Are these standard on a Jetta Comfortline or did you have to purchase as an extra? I can't seem to find one that is made by VW
They are extras i got it locally here. Its a foam mat that fits very snuggly in the foot space.

Quote:
Sun film - Vcool K-14 and Air-75 LLUMAR
My friend has a jetta. He has a similar set up. And I was pretty sure i was putting something decent for this car. I had a simpler one set up in my Swift. So the decision was very simple, just went with my friends advice on this one as he attested the quality of this set up. And till date i vouch that the car cools faster than my swift in this chennai heat. It may take around 10 mintues to really cool a bit from 40 deg, but after 10 minutes i almost reduce the fan speed to 2 or 3.
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Can you tell me from where in chennai you sourced the 3D mats and your service experience with VW so far? Thanks.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

New thing that was discovered accidently last week. Was using my Samsung galaxy S2 to listen to some songs using the Aux input. I recieved a call from my brother and to my surprise the call was projected in the car speakers and i was basically conversing with him like any blue tooth device in a car.

The "hands free" now became even more easier for me and taking calls while driving is very easy now. In fact having a multi friend conference while going out with friends became easier without spending a penny for the bluetooth. Just in case jetta owners are looking for a cheaper "handsfree" solution.(This may be applicable for any cars with a Aux input and a phone with the normal headphones output)
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 14:55   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

^^That's great. But your HU won't be equipped with a microphone right? You still need to talk into the phone for the caller to hear you?
Old 21st June 2011, 15:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But your HU won't be equipped with a microphone right?
I keep the phone in my pocket and the reception at the other end has been quite good. Even keeping the phone below the hand break works very fine with respect to sound quality.

Major advantage is to just use your car like a phone without needing to spend 28K on the blue tooth module.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Major advantage is to just use your car like a phone without needing to spend 28K on the blue tooth module.
I presume fitting the bluetooth module would not enable the steering control phone buttons. I read up in the service manual that there has to be some preparation for fitting the phone etc. - see extract of page 188 below. I've attached the complete as a pdf (in 2 parts due to file size restrictions) for those who are interested (and will be happy to receive links for some more for other parts/ sections).

On looking up my VIN details this is what I got - "9W0 - W/o car phone preparation/installation" - so I guess its not possible to "retrofit"
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!-telephone-extract.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Communication-Part 1.pdf (1.75 MB, 1123 views)
File Type: pdf Communication-Part 2.pdf (2.16 MB, 1406 views)

Last edited by aghosht : 23rd June 2011 at 12:10. Reason: code corrected
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
They are extras i got it locally here. Its a foam mat that fits very snuggly in the foot space.
Got a set from the local distributor in Mumbai for Rs 4600 . Details as under:
Hitesh Bhai, Car Point
022-23824951.
30, Vell Bell View, A Gokhale Street, Behind Panchratna, Opera House, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400004
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
It may take around 10 mintues to really cool a bit from 40 deg, but after 10 minutes i almost reduce the fan speed to 2 or 3.
On second thoughts can anyone throw some light on whether sunfilm is required in view of the following which appears on decoding the VIN:

4GF - Windshield in heat-insulating glass
4KC - Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
8Z6 - Hot country
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:06   #73
BHPian

Re: VW jetta - Journey Begins - Report at 287kms

Quote:
Centre console :- The centre console has two concealed bottle holders below a slider, the gear knobs covered with leather , hand breaks wrapped in leather and some space for coins(ash tray) and a cigarette lighter.
VW2010 - did yours come with the bottle opener in between? I dont seem to have received any from the dealer whereas the Owners manual has a mention of it:
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!-drink-holders.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2011, 19:21   #74
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta @ 330KMS with updated pictures

Quote:
Centre Console- Dual zone climatic control, SD card slot, Touch screen, Heated seat controls and AC controls.

VW2010 and other Jetta owners - continuing with my reading of the owner's manual I find some more differences. Illustrations in the manual seem to mention that for CLIMATRONIC consoles the AIR CIRCULATION switch has "A" written on it and has 2 LEDs. Whereas if you see the picture above the AIR CIRCULATION switch that has been provided is a CLIMATIC switch. Illustrations I am referring to are attached below. Have any of you noticed and/ or received any clarifications for this?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!-img00036201106231909.jpg  

VW Jetta - 2 Years & 2nd Service Completed!-img00037201106231909.jpg  

Old 26th June 2011, 08:01   #75
BHPian

Re: VW jetta - Journey Begins - Report at 287kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
VW2010 - did yours come with the bottle opener in between? I dont seem to have received any from the dealer whereas the Owners manual has a mention of it:
Went to the dealer yesterday - didnt bat an eyelid when the sales guy said even he hadnt seen any of the new Jettas having the bottle opener (white lie! I think they are programmed) - told him to check again and kept pressing on - spoke to couple of seniors and viola it seems that one of the seniors have it. Just cant make out why on earth would the dealership want to NOT give stuff that came with the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks