Orange 19 16.38%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:01   #76
BHPian

Re: Numero Uno : Fiat Uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks my friend.You can own an Uno, even now and perform all these mods.Finding spare parts is also not an issue at all.
I'd definitely want one and do it up nicely, but I'm barely getting enough time as it is to maintain my Palio properly. Which mechanic do you take your car to in Hyd?
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:08   #77
BHPian

Hi,

I spot your magnificently maintained UNO and CORSA often on the Gachibowli - Nanakramguda road.
Every morning I spot you, I'm rushing to work and I never really had a chance to wave to you and compliment you in person.
Will surely flag you down next time I spot you from my Black KA registered Swift with LTD sticker on rear bumper.

May I suggest, up size and upgrade those alloy wheels to a Black matt finished one. Your car would look really amazing - Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Last edited by no_boundaries : 23rd November 2012 at 23:10.
Old 24th November 2012, 00:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Hi,

I spot your magnificently maintained UNO and CORSA often on the Gachibowli - Nanakramguda road.
Every morning I spot you, I'm rushing to work and I never really had a chance to wave to you and compliment you in person.
Will surely flag you down next time I spot you from my Black KA registered Swift with LTD sticker on rear bumper.

May I suggest, up size and upgrade those alloy wheels to a Black matt finished one. Your car would look really amazing - Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Thanks.
I used to travel Nanakramguda-Gachibowli route to head to work daily.I have now moved to Chennai for couple of months on a new assignment,hence the Uno can be now seen on the Chennai roads.
Do catch up with Hyderabadi Team Bhpians on the meet thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...2012-a-67.html
Old 24th November 2012, 00:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
I used to travel Nanakramguda-Gachibowli route to head to work daily.I have now moved to Chennai for couple of months on a new assignment,hence the Uno can be now seen on the Chennai roads.
Do catch up with Hyderabadi Team Bhpians on the meet thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...2012-a-67.html
Ah !! I'm in Canada now and will not be back till January. Hope to make it to the meet probably the next time.
Thanks for the info.
Old 27th November 2012, 20:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks my friend.Paint job should be complete today and Alloys and Tyre installation should happen by Tuesday.I will unveil the UNO on wednesday along with my newly restored Vespa ALFA.Lets call it Italian Connection !!!
Thats a very nice looking Uno indeed. Great stuff yet again hillram on your mods on this Italian workhorse. Though reading this thread late and if it an then to ask this (if it was already covered by your in another thread), where is the restored Vespa ALFA, the second part of the Italian connection.
Old 27th November 2012, 21:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Thats a very nice looking Uno indeed. Great stuff yet again hillram on your mods on this Italian workhorse. Though reading this thread late and if it an then to ask this (if it was already covered by your in another thread), where is the restored Vespa ALFA, the second part of the Italian connection.
Thanks. Most of my scooters / cars are in Hyderabad. Few are in Chennai.
I intend to acquire more classics in Chennai and take them back to Hyderabad in a couple of months.
Old 28th November 2012, 22:52   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I did a quick run around in Chennai last weekend in my Uno and captured some nice photos.
Hi
Your car looks stunning except the front headlight and indicators. I think you should go for new ones. I have gone for new headlights and transparent indicators(sourced from JC road Bangalore) on my uno and it looks pretty good.
Old 29th November 2012, 09:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Hi
Your car looks stunning except the front headlight and indicators. I think you should go for new ones. I have gone for new headlights and transparent indicators(sourced from JC road Bangalore) on my uno and it looks pretty good.
I intend to go for new clear headlights soon, but the orange indicators, which are OEM fitment , will give the white car a nice contrast. Hence they will remain as it is.
Please post pictures of your Uno.
Old 29th November 2012, 10:45   #84
h14
BHPian

Wow! Sir, your UNO looks awesome! Congratulations on a job well done.

Did not know that you are in Chennai. How long would you be here and which part of Chennai are you put up in? Would love to meet you and your UNO some time.

By the way, this was my UNO. It's a 2001 1.7ELX. This was clicked after the re-paint and the car had done 1,53,000 kms when this was clicked. Sold the car when it had done 1,80,000 kms!

Last edited by h14 : 29th November 2012 at 10:52.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 11:32   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
By the way, this was my UNO. It's a 2001 1.7ELX. This was clicked after the re-paint and the car had done 1,53,000 kms when this was clicked. Sold the car when it had done 1,80,000 kms!
Thats an awesome Uno you had. Aren't those Palio Wheel caps?
I have sent you my contact details via PM.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:42   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

Today, in a whatsapp discussion, topic of good looking hatchbacks came up. The only one in current market I really like as is Polo.
I was in college when the Uno was launched and was madly in love with it. Classic boxy hatchback. Elegant and handsome. Was looking for photos and bumped into this thread.

How is the car doing? Any latest photos?
In fact, long term review will be best.

Cheers!
Old 12th June 2020, 11:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hi,

Today, in a whatsapp discussion, topic of good looking hatchbacks came up. The only one in current market I really like as is Polo.
I was in college when the Uno was launched and was madly in love with it. Classic boxy hatchback. Elegant and handsome. Was looking for photos and bumped into this thread.

How is the car doing? Any latest photos?
In fact, long term review will be best.

Cheers!
Hello. Im glad you still remember, My Uno is doing great as a faithful soldier.In 2016, it underwent a change to Gulf Racing Livery. It looks like this now:
Numero Uno : Fiat Uno-img_20160827_172257.jpg
hillram is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks