Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 09:07   #1
BHPian

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors

After experiencing the reliability, dealership service of Toyota Innova, I realized why Toyota is one of the preferred brands across the globe. More here - Not the usual Innova

It was a very easy decision for us to consider Etios as our second car, as we were primarily looking for VFM, fuel efficiency and reliability. We choose a sedate color, the silver and G variant and took the delivery of the car on February 21st.

Here are some pics of our car

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors-etios-delivery.jpg

My review

Exteriors, Ride Handling

Actually Etios is a decent looking car, but doesn’t have a photogenic look. Infact the car looks better in person than in the photos. The looks are not aggressive but functional. The ride and handling of this car is very composed, the suspension is several folds better than the Maruti siblings.

Interiors

The stock interiors, especially the G version interior was very uninspiring. The seats looked so . But thanks to Karlsson Sajith, who has transformed the car into one segment upward. Much more cushion has been added and seats look muscular. The seats themselves are very big and comfortable, look at some photos here.

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors-img_9224.jpg

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors-img_9227.jpg

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors-img_9236.jpg

Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors-img_9237.jpg

Engine & Mechanicals

Silky smooth engine, always eager to surge ahead, plenty of torque on demand, short gear shifts, on the whole a very peppy package. Well, there were so many controversial discussion on the engine sound level, so I went for 3M rubberized underbody coating from day one. And in my experience, the engine sound is normal, sounds like a petrol swift if I have to pull in a closest comparison. So 3M coating highly recommended! But that said, the wind noise is marginally higher at higher speeds, thanks to the MRF tires arggg, planning to go for Rein Hold Wurth India 550mm x 250 mm with 2 mm sound proofing sheets. The A/c effect is very good, I miss the climate control on the Innova here.

Accessories

The car comes prefitted with power windows, central locking and keyless entry, which is the best I could ask for 5.4 ex-showroom. I picked up the rear door garnish, window visor and the mats from Toyota Genuine Accessories. Looking forward to installing JBL amp, JBL 333 mp3 player.

Overall

The car feels so easy to drive and it seems to have very less friction, may be because of the aerodynamic design. It can travel much longer in the inertia force than my Swift, I hope that helps in the fuel efficiency part. I’m sure it would last for 5+ years without any trouble being simple in technology. The Toyota express 1 hour service and cost effective service will always be a differentiators from other brands. There are some minuses such as not so aggressive styling, wind noise, dull interiors, etc but on the whole I would recommend this car to others.
vishnugs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 10:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota ETIOS lavished with leather interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Actually Etios is a decent looking car, but doesn’t have a photogenic look. Infact the car looks better in person than in the photos
The car,when viewed from front looks class.

Your seats look great except for the red lips.I'd have chosen a different shade instead of red.

Congrats and happy motoring on Mr. Reliable
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 10:06   #3
BANNED

Congrats Vishnu. Hope you have a reliable and safe relationship with this smiling face car! Sure it will bring smile on your face too!
Old 26th February 2011, 10:24   #4
BHPian

Congrats for your new buy, sure it will bring pleasure. Paste some more pics of this literal beast. Also waiting for an official review from our respected belows.
Old 26th February 2011, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats vishnugs. interiors sure look great. is it full leather and how much was the total package? did you do the door trim in leather too. I quite like the red adds to a bit of color in an otherwise grey black (read dull) interior
Old 26th February 2011, 11:39   #6
BANNED

Congrats Vishnugs! the car looks great and is definitely best in class. nice choice.
Interior looks great! Did you test drive the new manza before making your decision?
Old 26th February 2011, 11:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Your Karlsson seats look great.

How much was the total damage and how much time does it take to fit? Are they available off the shelf?

And congrats on the Etios! Enjoy that very capable engine.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:14   #8
BHPian

Congrats vishnu. The interiors looks classic. I dont like the shape of Etios. But after, seeing the a lots of Etios on road, I think I have started loving her
Antonian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 12:37   #9
BHPian

Congrats on the buy!

How much it costed for the 3M underbody coating and where did you do that? I am also thinking of the same for my Etios.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:07   #10
BHPian

Firstly, Congrats on the buy! Those seat covers look awesome! They really liven up the otherwise dull interior of the GX.

That said, What were the safety features you opted for? Any particular reason for not going for the VX?

Happy Mile munching and Drive Safe!

Last edited by Zappex : 26th February 2011 at 20:09.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, Congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with her! More pictures (hopefully in daylight) will be most welcome. Keep the updates coming!

Cheers!
Old 27th February 2011, 20:04   #12
BHPian

Congrats Vishnu, I like the looks of Etios considering the price point, however the interiors could have been better but what the heck, its built for a price. The seat covers definitely add spunk to interiors how much did they cost? Also interested to know OTR for your car.
Old 28th February 2011, 01:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. First Innova and now this. Sweet

The Etios is a good car at a good price and shows Toyota is serious about capturing the market in the right way. The only thing they now need is a good hatch.

But I am surprised though, that I dont see the Etios setting the charts on fire.

One thing though, that I would have like different in the car would have been the seats.
Old 4th March 2011, 01:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Congrats and happy motoring on Mr. Reliable
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Congrats Vishnu. Hope you have a reliable and safe relationship with this smiling face car! Sure it will bring smile on your face too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Congrats for your new buy, sure it will bring pleasure. Paste some more pics of this literal beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
congrats vishnugs. interiors sure look great. is it full leather and how much was the total package? did you do the door trim in leather too. I quite like the red adds to a bit of color in an otherwise grey black (read dull) interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Congrats Vishnugs! the car looks great and is definitely best in class. nice choice.
Interior looks great! Did you test drive the new manza before making your decision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Your Karlsson seats look great.
How much was the total damage and how much time does it take to fit? Are they available off the shelf?
And congrats on the Etios! Enjoy that very capable engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
Congrats vishnu. The interiors looks classic. I dont like the shape of Etios. But after, seeing the a lots of Etios on road, I think I have started loving her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Congrats on the buy!
How much it costed for the 3M underbody coating and where did you do that? I am also thinking of the same for my Etios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey, Congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with her! More pictures (hopefully in daylight) will be most welcome. Keep the updates coming!
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats Vishnu, I like the looks of Etios considering the price point, however the interiors could have been better but what the heck, its built for a price. The seat covers definitely add spunk to interiors how much did they cost? Also interested to know OTR for your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Congrats. First Innova and now this. Sweet.One thing though, that I would have like different in the car would have been the seats.
Excuse me for the silence, I was out of town for a few days. Thank you everyone for the wishes !

The ex-showroom price was 5.4, on top of it was the road tax of ~85k, then the insurance which I took outside the dealership. TCO was around 6.4 L.

The 3M coating costed ~4.3K with Nandi Toyota. They claim to retouch it for every service for 5 years.

The seats costed me 18k, it has art leather in non contact areas. Had to cut corners to keep it within my budget.

Last weekend, I had installed all the accessories including

1) Parking Sensors Xenos 4 sensor one from Reliance Autozone, costed me Rs. 1700
2) 1.5mm SR35 Sunfilm from G*** (forgot the brand) from Carstyle for Rs. 3500
3) JBL Amplifier 60.4 installed in the boot from my previous swift. Actually it is a headache installing the HU because of the odd size audio cut out. Finally decided to use iPod with JBL Amp directly. The performance is not ground breaking, but have tuned in such a way that there is no electrical noise in the audio. The stock 4 speakers are average.
4) Some LED bulbs here and there like the roof lamp, front parking, etc.

I ll post photos after this weekend. The only thing still in the cards is the Wuerth Elektronik noise insulation sheet which I'm planning to install to enhance the sound proofing.

Last edited by vishnugs : 4th March 2011 at 01:49.
vishnugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2011, 04:21   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on the ride. The modifications look classy and thanks for putting the website name - Home.

I know a couple of my friends who are going to check this place out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks