Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 02:10   #31
BHPian

Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post

The vehicle is performing absolutely great.

Giving me a mileage of around 12.2 in the city with AC on.
Around 13.8 on the highway with the AC on. The surprising element was when I was driving under 100 on the highway when we went to Vijayawada the beast returned an amazing mileage of 15.2 kilometers per liter . Over all very happy with the mileage.
The mileage you are getting made me feel happy
I too booked my Scorpio (Diamond White SLE) and waiting for the new family member to come home.
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 20:14   #32
BHPian

Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

The mileage you are getting made me feel happy
I too booked my Scorpio (Diamond White SLE) and waiting for the new family member to come home.[/quote]

Thanks Vsun with a light foot the Scorpio gives an amazing mileage.

Congrats on your Diamond White SLE do start an ownership thread as soon as you get the beast.
Old 6th October 2011, 21:36   #33
BHPian

Latest update on the beast.

Crossed 20000 Kms and went for the first paid service on 9th at AML motors in Ranigung.

Vehicle seems more refined and smooth. No problems reported.
Changed Oil and Oil filter and straight away told the service advisor not to add engine care which was not done because of previous experience with the same SA.

Did not opt for vehicle washing as there was a long que because of Dussera so got the vehicle cleaned outside.

Total damaged 6470.

Got the wheel alignment and tyre balancing done and the tyres were interchanged.

Over all nice experience with the after sales service .

With sedate driving the vehicle is giving around 13 kms in the city with AC on and with aggressive driving it settles around 11.4 kms.

Last edited by octane78 : 6th October 2011 at 21:38.
Old 7th December 2011, 01:27   #34
BHPian

Update on the beast.

After the 20,000 service did a trip to Goa and the vehicle behaved well mannered and not a bit of fatigue encountered during the whole journey.

The onward journey was almost 13 hours with few stops for Bio breaks and the return journey lasted for 19 hours with 17 hours of complete driving, it was because we covered Gokarna and around and returned back to Hyderabad.

On Saturday 3rd Dec the beast completed 25,000 K and was due for servicing. It was actually 25460 on the Odo. Took it to AML motors Ranigunj and found out that the usual Service advisor quit the job. The guy was a nice knowledgable guy. Anyways was attended by another new comer and told him that the vehicle needs the 25,000K 2nd paid service done. Gave him strict instructions not to perform Engine care. The previous SA would automatically not get that done my beast.

Reported problems were to tighten nuts and bolts of the back bench seat as I could feel them vibrate. Asked him to get the brakes checked as sometimes I could hear them squeaking. I also ordered a left hand side mud flap as my dogs which are 2 naughty playful German Shepherd's chewed into them with the paint peeled off them and also some plastic teared off.

The SA said that we would get them only in black colour and I have to get them painted and get it fitted. So I ordered for a black one which was promised to me but later found out that it was not in stock. So the scar remains on the beast.

Got the vehicle in spic and span condition with everything worked on. The vehicle was running smooth and no vibrations felt anymore. The total bill came up to 1800 Rs with engine care added. That was it I lost my cool and gave an earful to the SA that I gave him clear instructions on not to add engine care who immediately apologised and spoke to his manager and got it deducted from the bill.

So total bill was around 1180 Rs.

The beast came home happy but a scar remains need to get the mud flap from another place and get it painted and fixed soon.

Over all the beast gives me an amazing mileage of around 12.4 to 12.9 in the city with AC on.
Old 7th December 2011, 01:32   #35
BHPian

Some pictures of the my beast Maverik - 2 from the recent Goa trip

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4111.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4114.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4613.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4615.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4620.jpg

December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home-img_4640.jpg
Old 17th February 2012, 21:00   #36
BHPian

Went for the 75 point nation wide check up today at AMPL motors at Ranigung. The SA assured me that it would not take more than 45 minutes including a body wash.

All I can say is I guess it was only the body wash that was done and few nut and bolts tightened.

Problems Reported:

1) Reported a problem of the window glass on the front 2 doors vibrating a bit and wanted them to fix it and all they said was the person who works on doors is on leave and to come back at the 30K servicing which is due in another 1700K and they would fix it then.

2) Reported that the front tyres are wearing out a little faster than the rear tyres. I was asked whether wheel alignment has been done, so informed the guy that it was done during the last servicing, but not at Mahindra and also reported that the tyres were interchanged placing the front left on the rear right and the front right at the rear left. The mechanic informed me that wheel alignment has to be done properly and asked me to get it done at the next servicing.
Old 5th March 2012, 23:49   #37
BHPian

HI Octane78
Nice pics from Goa trip. What happened to Kirk Kirk sound of the clutch? was it solved?
I too went to AMPL motors Ranigung for the first service of my Scorp. I found that they are too busy and the technicians are overburdened. There is a need for Mahindra to expand its service centers. (At the time of booking an appointment for first free service, they told me that they have started a new service for free services and the service van will come to my place and the service will be done at my house itself. But I did not opted for it).
Old 6th March 2012, 01:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
HI Octane78
Nice pics from Goa trip. What happened to Kirk Kirk sound of the clutch? was it solved?
I too went to AMPL motors Ranigung for the first service of my Scorp. I found that they are too busy and the technicians are overburdened. There is a need for Mahindra to expand its service centers. (At the time of booking an appointment for first free service, they told me that they have started a new service for free services and the service van will come to my place and the service will be done at my house itself. But I did not opted for it).

Thank's VSUN for liking the pics. The sound coming from the clutch pedal is gone for good, reason being the whole clutch pedal assembly was changed under warranty which took care of it. I totally agree with you with reagrds to AMPL motors in Ranigung the staff being overburdened and also the quality of wark manship seems to have come down. You can only get things done if you are there with your vehicle and get them attended to personally. The new service sounds nice but how do they do the water washing of the vehicle is my doubt???
Old 6th March 2012, 01:15   #39
BHPian

Off late have noticed that the front right wheel was wearing out at the outer edge so tried booking an appointment for Friday at AMPL motors Ranigung but they being over burdened with service appointments have asked me if I could make it on Sunday. Informed the lady on the other end I would get back to her and hung the phone.

Quick thinking and I decided that I would get the wheel balancing and alignment done at the best shop in Hyd-bad and promptly drove to Mohan Chandra wheel Alignment center. I was quickly attended to and the problem was the camber was out but surprisingly the vehicle was not pulling towards left or right. Problem fixed and also I had a problem when travelling above 100KMPH the vehicle used to wobble a bit which now is resolved thanks to the work done at Mohan Chandra Wheel alignment center.

From wuite some time was toying with the idea to enhance ICE in my beast but did not go further because I did not want to loose my steering controls and also as reported by a few that the voice commands fail when changing the speakers.

Thanks to Karthik (TeamBHP ID: Sparsh) who guided me to a installer who did an amazing job on the beast without changing the company fitted head unit which helped me in retaining the voice commands and the steering controls.

Got Boston components on the front doors and the rear door and since my dad is not much of a music listener I had removed the amp and woofer from the Santro which is a Pioneer make and got them fixed in the Scorpio.

Listening to music has never been the same again in the beast - It sings with deep vocals and foot thumping bass .

Will post pictures of the beast soon with the ICE upgrade.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The new service sounds nice but how do they do the water washing of the vehicle is my doubt???
I too asked them about the same thing. They told me that the service vehicle which comes to our home is equipped with a water tank and equipment to force spray water. But even if they bring water also with them, all the dust and dirt that comes out of the car after cleaning will be in our campus. I also mentioned them that I have a dog in my house. Stating this reasons, I rejected their offer, and they started telling me (Over Phone) that they are ready to do the service even on the road in front of my house. They somehow want to make me accept for the new service .

Anyways, one good thing is, service will be done before our eyes (But again, as they are telling that this service is available for free services only, they may fail to rectify if we have any major problems).
By the way, I too got my mudflaps paint slightly damaged due to our silly Rottweiler puppy .
Old 7th March 2012, 00:00   #41
BHPian

By the way, I too got my mudflaps paint slightly damaged due to our silly Rottweiler puppy .[/quote]

Guess what after getting a new set got it painted and my dog chewed it off again so I bought a new mud flap and Im in a dilema to fix it or not .
Old 11th March 2012, 23:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Guess what after getting a new set got it painted and my dog chewed it off again so I bought a new mud flap and Im in a dilema to fix it or not
If it is a puppy, u need to wait for some more months (My puppy chewed mudflaps at the age of 2 months But now at the age of 4.5 months, my puppy stopped to do so). I diverted his attention by giving him some toys . If your dog is a grownup one then, try to spray some water mixed with small amount of chilli powder on your mud flaps. Some times it works . Heard about some dog repellent sprays, but don't know where we can get them.
Old 12th March 2012, 23:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
If it is a puppy, u need to wait for some more months (My puppy chewed mudflaps at the age of 2 months But now at the age of 4.5 months, my puppy stopped to do so). I diverted his attention by giving him some toys . If your dog is a grownup one then, try to spray some water mixed with small amount of chilli powder on your mud flaps. Some times it works . Heard about some dog repellent sprays, but don't know where we can get them.
My Dogs are one year and 3 months old. Only the male German Sheperd chews on the flaps and not the female. Will try to spray some water mixed with chilli powder and see how it works.
Old 15th March 2012, 21:35   #44
BHPian

30,000 Kms Service update

On the 12th of this month the beast crossed 30,000kms, so it was time for the 3rd paid service. Was apprehensive of taking the vehicle to AML motors workshop in Ranigung as always they have full vehicles in hand and most of the compliants are not addressed to. Last time when I complianed to them with regards to the front 2 glasses being loose the service manager told me that there should be a minimum play and your vehicle is good to go and if it is a bit tighter then the window would not roll up and since I did not have much time did not argue much with him and drove away.

Heard some good reviews about VVC motors in Madhapur so without booking any appointment went to their workshop on 14th around 3:00 PM and gave them the vehicle for servicing.

Problems reported
1) The indicator lights start when going over bumps
2) Front LHS and RHS window glass loose and it keeps vibrating
3) To change the front left hand side front mud flap which was chewed away by my dog
4) 3rd Paid servicing which includes changing of differential oil and removing and cleaning brake pads etc.

Was offered under body protection for Rs 1800 as some kind of promotional offer is going on, which otherwise would cost around 4500 Rs. Went ahead with the offer.

Today 15th went to pick up the vehicle which was ready on time. All problems fixed except for the differential oil change because of no stock .

The SA assured me that he would call me once the oil is back in stock to change it. He also assured me another wash as I was not really impressed with the car wash done as the rear glass had stains on it, also the front passenger side mats had some stains on it which was not cleaned. It could be because of the anti rust treatment which was done after the car wash.

Anyways the beast is running good and a few vibrations which I could feel at the rear seat were gone now.

Total Bill paid was around 5500 Rs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my alloys painted in Matt Black and the hub painted in body colour. the beast now looks sportier. Will post pics soon.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:50   #45

Off late have noticed that the front right wheel was wearing out at the outer edge so tried booking an appointment for Friday at AMPL motors Ranigung but they being over burdened with service appointments have asked me if I could make it on Sunday. Informed the lady on the other end I would get back to her and hung the phone.

Quick thinking and I decided that I would get the wheel balancing and alignment done at the best shop in Hyd-bad and promptly drove to Mohan Chandra wheel Alignment center. I was quickly attended to and the problem was the camber was out but surprisingly the vehicle was not pulling towards left or right. Problem fixed and also I had a problem when travelling above 100KMPH the vehicle used to wobble a bit which now is resolved thanks to the work done at Mohan Chandra Wheel alignment center.

From wuite some time was toying with the idea to enhance ICE in my beast but did not go further because I did not want to loose my steering controls and also as reported by a few that the voice commands fail when changing the speakers.

Quote:
Thanks to Karthik (TeamBHP ID: Sparsh) who guided me to a installer who did an amazing job on the beast without changing the company fitted head unit which helped me in retaining the voice commands and the steering controls.

Got Boston components on the front doors and the rear door and since my dad is not much of a music listener I had removed the amp and woofer from the Santro which is a Pioneer make and got them fixed in the Scorpio.
Anyone who can do the same thing in Bangalore. I too feel that although the ICE performs decently, it still lacks the sharpness and bass to make music livelier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks