Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 12:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Scorpio mHawk VLX Airbag - Initial OwnerShip Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Micro Hybrid: Though quite interesting but not very helpful. The feature is shut the engine off at signals when the gear is put to neutral and clutch is released. Automatically start the engine when clutch is applied. This is really a fuel saving technique is traffic jams that you face in bangalore daily. But this feature in my vehicle works sometime and doesn't sometimes. I'm yet to understand when it doesn't. I could notice that when you stop the vehicle from top gears from 2nd gear onwards and bring it to neutral, the engine fails to shut down automatically. Will report more once I understand this well.
This may be due to the Following
Quote:
The system on the Scorpio has been revised from the original ten-second period to two seconds before the engine shuts off, provided the car is in neutral with the clutch pedal fully let out. This has contributed to a 5% increase in fuel economy under standard city conditions, according to Mahindra. While the engine is shut off, the A/C compressor is shut off but the blower keeps working, as does the audio system. However, the audio system switches off while the engine restarts, which can get annoying in stop-start traffic. The system can be disabled with the button at the bottom of the centre console, and even when enabled, will not function if the engine hasn’t reached a safe operating temperature, or the battery’s charge is running low.
Source: From Carwale , Link : Click Here
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:19   #32
BHPian

@ajay, thanks for the reply. That was my initial report on the Hybrid. The Micro Hybrid works perfectly fine now. And I feel is a very good feature. Though the Audio systems halts a bit while starting is little annoying but the efficiency masks it off and I never felt it as a drawback.

I got my service done. Small problems keep creeping in quite often with the beast.

1. remote locking remote some times stops working. Locking and unlocking button responds after 6-10 presses. When reported, the remote was replaced and yet the problem persist. I notice that when you keep swapping the alternative remote often(once a week) the problematic key works fine for sometime again. Will get back again on this after some more observation. Others who have been facing this problem and solved it, please reply.

The back door sensor problem is a big NO to the design. I wonder how Scorpio passed the release test with this major drawback. You cannot rely on remote locking beeper or the voice assist to confirm if the back door is properly locked. M&M must take this seriously and solve it.

Mileage is struggling close to 10 in city and 12.5 on highway. On highways, its been 120 avg speed and with A/C on full time, fully loaded.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:26   #33
BHPian

Hi guys,

I was planning for ICE upgrade. The Nippon system and speaker that comes with the stock is really bad.

I'm planning to upgrade the speakers and put some JBL ones, Component Units.

I'm sure there will not be any problem with warranty if I do so. Just wanted to confirm. Just changing the speaker should not void the warranty right?

Has any one in this forum done that? Does it make a difference?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:27   #34
BHPian

Hi,

Congrats on the great buy and welcome to the world of Hawks..

I have done it after 6 months of my purchase. check the link below and you will get a idea. plan your ICE , lay down your requirements, then choose from what your pocket can afford. JBL,Sony,Pioneer , so on...

Wish you a Happy Motoring..

Raghu..

PM me if you would like to discuss more before you decide on ICE.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...udioholic.html
Old 20th June 2011, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Wow!! you have a jaw dropping ICE there. Amazing stuff and great reading the post.

I'll go in phased manner now.

I just put the GT060 limited edition component system. Not very exciting improvement in the over all audio but the mid range has improved.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:05   #36
BHPian

Hi All,

I'm back after a long gap. I'm done 20k mile and proud to have owned the
Beauty. Had a long trip over the Christmas vacation. Drove from Bangalore to
kanha and back. Round trip 3500km. Vehicle is super reliable.

After the long rides, the problems started with too much door noise and
Hard on the rear suspension. Very bumpy on the back seat and back door cried very much.

Given it for the service now. Estimate 11k

Break up.
Engine oil and filter replace 2000
Fuel filter replace 1700
Service charge 2700
Suspension bush replace 1200
Washing 400.

Rat mesh 1400
Interior wash 850

Still getting serviced might get some more surprises.
Old 15th January 2012, 09:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
...Had a long trip over the Christmas vacation. Drove from Bangalore to kanha and back. Round trip 3500km. Vehicle is super reliable.
Hi abacusv, I am planning the same drive Bangalore - Kanha via Nagpur (wife's home town) in March/April in our Scorpio Sle. Most probably only my wife and I.

Need your advice: Where did you break journey between Bangalore and Nagpur? Am planning Hyderabad, do you have any suggestions?

Any other advice will be useful as well.

Will you be writing a T/L, please do!

Quote:
Rat mesh 1400
Interior wash 850
Where are you getting the rat mesh done? What work exactly will be done?

Interior wash, does that include a shampoo for the seats too?

Please update after service, thanks!
Old 15th January 2012, 09:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi abacusv, I am planning the same drive Bangalore - Kanha via Nagpur (wife's home town) in March/April in our Scorpio Sle. Most probably only my wife and I.

Need your advice: Where did you break journey between Bangalore and Nagpur? Am planning Hyderabad, do you have any suggestions?

Any other advice will be useful as well.

Will you be writing a T/L, please do!
I have written a TL in another forum, check here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2629104

We had a time constraint and a road block which caused us no break from HYD
to Kanha. It is better you break at Nagpur as well and continue to Kanha.

At Hyd we stayed at Kamat Yatrinivas. It was good, with complimentary breakfast, costed us 3000 per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Where are you getting the rat mesh done? What work exactly will be done?

Interior wash, does that include a shampoo for the seats too?

Please update after service, thanks!
All ASC s have rat mesh. Just tell them when you give it for service, they will get it done. I got it done from Sireesh Auto. Mesh around the holes where rat
can enter inside. No protection will be provided for the wires at the engine.

Interior wash is a waste, its actually outsourced to some third party vendor.
They wash it with some chemicals, even the seats are washed. But I got my
vehicle almost like how I gave them before the wash. So you can do it by yourself. Don't waste money on it.

Cheers,
Vadi
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 08:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I have written a TL in another forum,

..It is better you break at Nagpur as well and continue to Kanha.

All ASC s have rat mesh. ..
Interior wash is a waste,..So you can do it by yourself. Don't waste money on it.
Vadi
Thanks for the info Vadi. I am going through the T/L, thanks for the link. There's useful info there from you and Fauji too (specific to ex-Bangalore trip).

Yes, we will break in Nagpur as it is my wife's home town. Also her cousin and his wife might join us from there.

Thanks for the warning about the interior wash!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks