Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 03:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..

Congrats on the Tucson! Rare to spot one these days. Must say, looks pretty clean. Got any chance to test the 4x4 prowess yet?

EDIT:
About the bad experience at carnation gurgaon, why don't you post up a review of them here -> Indian Car Dealerships - Team-BHP. Would be mighty helpful for other BHPians and if need be, send them a link of the thread.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 18th June 2011 at 03:27.
Old 18th June 2011, 06:25   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

nice tucson
if looked after properly these vehicles will last for absolutely ages
my friend has crossed 86000 kms in his Verna which is now about 5 years old. not a single rattle. excellent build quality by Hyundai I must say.
another friend who owns a Tucson has crossed 65K kms in the last 4.5 years that he has had it. lovely vehicle indeed. No trouble at all.
Old 19th June 2011, 21:45   #18
BHPian

I forgot to mention one more important add-on to my Tucson, the rear-view camera which has been neatly integrated in one of the license plate cavity after removing one of the the existing license plate lights.
I had bought this from ebay and it costed me around INR 1800.
The camera feed has been given to the AV input of my Pioneer HU.

The ebay link is as follows :

HYUNDAI Tucson Car Backup Reverse Rear View Camera | eBay

Will post pictures of the same soon.
Old 10th July 2011, 16:45   #19
BHPian

Got the car back after the paid service and timing belt change. One of the hydraulic engine mounts was also replaced as it was leaking oil. The cost of the mount was 7 grand !! OEM engine mounts on ebay cost been 50 and 100 USD. Not sure if 7k is the right price or the dealer has overcharged me. Any comments ?

The SA also advised me to get the serpentine belt ( The outer belt which runs the alternator, water pump etc. ) as the belt has lost one of the grooves. agreed to get it changed as it was not so costly. At what mileage is this belt changed in other Hyundais ?

The 2nd gear issue ( clunk ) is still there and i was told that it might be an issue with the gear cable. The same has been ordered by the ASC.

The front brake discs have also developed circular lines but are very light. Can i get the discs skimmed ? as the replacement discs cost something like 10.5 grands ( for the front set ).

Where in Delhi/NCR can i get these skimmed ?

Last edited by kamal.sn : 10th July 2011 at 16:52.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:17   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

In my case, the service center themselves got the disks skimmed.

Yes, it's good to get all belts changed in one go - I did mine at 65000KM and will do it again at 120K and then at 180K.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 20:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
In my case, the service center themselves got the disks skimmed.

Yes, it's good to get all belts changed in one go - I did mine at 65000KM and will do it again at 120K and then at 180K.
Thanks for the information. Have you got the hydraulic engine mounts changed anytime ? Can you check with your SA when you happen to talk to him the next time for the cost of the mount. 7 grand is too costly for one mount !
Old 12th July 2011, 10:54   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Sure, I will check, but from my previous experience, the cost depends upon which mount it is. In case of my NHC, there were 3 mounts, one of them was very expensive (Rs. 8000 or so) while one was just Rs700 or so.

No engine mounts have been changed on my Tuc yet. In general I see that parts have been well engineered on the Tucson and last really long...except for the clutch (he he he...).
Old 15th July 2011, 20:19   #23
BHPian

Attaching some pics of the rear-view camera mounted in the license plate light cavity and the AVH-2390 DVD touchscreen HU ( fitted with a scosche HU adapter ) showing image from the rear-view camera.

Also bought a Jopasu duster and some chinese make microfiber cloth from Reliance Autozone, Gurgaon today.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-image2005.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-image2008.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-image2001.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-image2003.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-image2002.jpg  

Last edited by kamal.sn : 15th July 2011 at 20:26.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:54   #24
BHPian

Congrats Kamal!

Hearty welcome to the Tucson bandwagon! Looks like a good example.

This is the first time I've seen an Indian Tucson with body colored cladding. Are you sure it came that way from the factory or did you or the first owner paint the cladding to body color? You can check this out from the Hyundai label on the door well (driver side) in which color codes of the paint would be mentioned.

I've changed the hydraulic engine mount and IIRC, the cost was somewhere around 7K. I've changed it while troubleshooting another issue but it was really not the culprit.

Yes, you can skim the discs. Get it done through Hyundai SC itself. Costs some 300 odd rupees or so IIRC. I've done it once after the discs got warped and the vehicle started to vibrate badly under heavy braking post 120 kmph.

Good that you changed the OE Stereo. It is quite spartan to begin with and has long term battery drain issues. World over Hyundai has replaced this unit through a TSB, but the same TSB was not honored in India .

When time permits, please post one well-lit shot of the 2-DIN deck. I'm interested to see how the edges finishes with the trim.

Nicely integrated rear-view cam! How was the coaxial video cable run till the HU?

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 15th July 2011 at 21:57.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 22:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Your Tucson looks great...the Team BHP stickers are also looking good (black/yellow on Silver).

Happy driving!
Old 15th July 2011, 22:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Congrats Kamal!

Hearty welcome to the Tucson bandwagon! Looks like a good example.

This is the first time I've seen an Indian Tucson with body colored cladding. Are you sure it came that way from the factory or did you or the first owner paint the cladding to body color? You can check this out from the Hyundai label on the door well (driver side) in which color codes of the paint would be mentioned.

I've changed the hydraulic engine mount and IIRC, the cost was somewhere around 7K. I've changed it while troubleshooting another issue but it was really not the culprit.

Yes, you can skim the discs. Get it done through Hyundai SC itself. Costs some 300 odd rupees or so IIRC. I've done it once after the discs got warped and the vehicle started to vibrate badly under heavy braking post 120 kmph.

Good that you changed the OE Stereo. It is quite spartan to begin with and has long term battery drain issues. World over Hyundai has replaced this unit through a TSB, but the same TSB was not honored in India .

When time permits, please post one well-lit shot of the 2-DIN deck. I'm interested to see how the edges finishes with the trim.

Nicely integrated rear-view cam! How was the coaxial video cable run till the HU?
Thanks Digital Vampire

The camera itself comes with a long cable which can reach the HU.

The ebay link is as follows :

HYUNDAI Tucson Car Backup Reverse Rear View Camera | eBay
Old 16th July 2011, 00:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
The camera itself comes with a long cable which can reach the HU.
I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear with my question.

What I intended to ask was how was the cable routed?
Or in other words the pathway the cable took to reach from the number plate light position on the hinged tailgate till the front dash area.

I have a few high quality CMOS camera modules lying around with me which I plan to re-purpose as Rear-view and Side-view cams and hence the question of routing the cables.
Old 5th August 2011, 18:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear with my question.

What I intended to ask was how was the cable routed?
Or in other words the pathway the cable took to reach from the number plate light position on the hinged tailgate till the front dash area.

I have a few high quality CMOS camera modules lying around with me which I plan to re-purpose as Rear-view and Side-view cams and hence the question of routing the cables.
HI Digital Vampire, there are two cables, power and video. Both the cables are routed from the rear tailgate parallel to the rubber conduit between the tailgate and the cabin. The power wires are then routed to the reverse indicators and the video wires to the HU.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you require any further information. I will also upload some pics of the wiring if you need them.
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 22:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Kamal!

Some well-lit shots of the 2-DIN HU with the Scosche adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-dsc_0235-medium.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-dsc_0236-medium.jpg  

kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 23:53   #30
BHPian

Hey Kamal,

Congrats!!!

BTW, how much did they pay you for the exchange of the zen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks