Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 12:22   #91
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Re: Safari Dicor - Lx: The best workhorse from the Tata Stable??

Quote:
This get reinforced when I see the other happy LX owners on tbhp like adc, anujmishra, V&V who had an issueless ownership till now.
IMO in terms of electronics in think LX/EX/VX has are same except for 4x4 + LSD, ICE , interior options, Immobiliser, 3rd row A/c,ABS,Airbags . The core engine electronic is same for all and its engine electronics which has troubled more. As for issues whether mechanical or electrical/electronic can happen to any vehicle just hard luck where it happens.

I feel a regular inspection of vehicle can always avoid lots of hassles. One of the basic precaution i have taken for my safari is , i have never water washed the engine compartment. Once in 3/4 months get it air washed. Any additional gizmos,i always get the wiring separate from battery.

Last edited by v&v : 17th February 2012 at 12:37.
Old 17th February 2012, 14:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Safari Dicor - Lx: The best workhorse from the Tata Stable??

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Agree with you. Yes, I have issue less ownership till today and never had any problem.

recker_us do not own lemon and he is extremely satisfied with his LX.
I was joking my friend. I am a very satisfied owner too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
IMO in terms of electronics in think LX/EX/VX has are same except for 4x4 + LSD, ICE , interior options, Immobiliser, 3rd row A/c,ABS,Airbags . The core engine electronic is same for all and its engine electronics which has troubled more. As for issues whether mechanical or electrical/electronic can happen to any vehicle just hard luck where it happens.

I feel a regular inspection of vehicle can always avoid lots of hassles. One of the basic precaution i have taken for my safari is , i have never water washed the engine compartment. Once in 3/4 months get it air washed. Any additional gizmos,i always get the wiring separate from battery.
+ 1
Old 29th February 2012, 20:01   #93
BHPian

AC retrofits on Tata Safari on Select 2011 batches

I got a call from KHT today. They mentioned that some selected batches of Safari have been identified for the new AC upgrade. Its more of a retrofit as the current AC which I have doesnt feel very powerful

Happy to see that Tata Motors has identified it as a problem in some of the selected vehicles and upgrading to a new AC fitting at no extra cost.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:15   #94
BHPian

Re: AC retrofits on Tata Safari on Select 2011 batches

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
I got a call from KHT today. They mentioned that some selected batches of Safari have been identified for the new AC upgrade. Its more of a retrofit as the current AC which I have doesnt feel very powerful

Happy to see that Tata Motors has identified it as a problem in some of the selected vehicles and upgrading to a new AC fitting at no extra cost.
Wow !! What about 2010 batch ? I am sure, AC is no powerful in 2010 models as well

Prem.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got my black Safari Delivered

So all you 2010 and beyond owners who keep claiming "ac chills" should not go for this retrofit

I for one, have always felt the ac is not sufficient when compared to other cars, but have always heard the excuse from other safari owners saying it is a larger cabin, so my argument, if the cabin is larger, should not the manufacturer give a more powerful ac?

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 29th February 2012 at 20:45.
Old 29th February 2012, 22:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Wow !! What about 2010 batch ? I am sure, AC is no powerful in 2010 models as well

Prem.
I can check with KHT motors about the batches selected for the reftrofit when i visit their service center tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
So all you 2010 and beyond owners who keep claiming "ac chills" should not go for this retrofit

I for one, have always felt the ac is not sufficient when compared to other cars, but have always heard the excuse from other safari owners saying it is a larger cabin, so my argument, if the cabin is larger, should not the manufacturer give a more powerful ac?
Mine is 2011 and I never found it chill enough. Probably some batch of faulty AC system comes in my Safari which TM is replacing now.
Old 1st March 2012, 08:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Please let us know is this retrofit applicable for September- 2010 models as well? I will call KHT today and will inquire.
Old 1st March 2012, 08:57   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
I can check with KHT motors about the batches selected for the reftrofit when i visit their service center tomorrow.

Mine is 2011 and I never found it chill enough. Probably some batch of faulty AC system comes in my Safari which TM is replacing now.
Surprised to read this issue.

Usually we drive most of the time fully loaded with 7 members on board, never ever felt the need to switch ON the second row A/C even during scorching heat. the regular blower with 2 speed chills the car in no time.

So, the issue might be with post 2010 cars.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprised to read this issue.

Usually we drive most of the time fully loaded with 7 members on board, never ever felt the need to switch ON the second row A/C even during scorching heat. the regular blower with 2 speed chills the car in no time.

So, the issue might be with post 2010 cars.
Maybe Pavan, but I doubt if you ever had a complaint or even a wee bit of a niggle on your Safari, yours seems to be the perfect car with the perfect owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks