Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 11:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st Service Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Should we change the engine oil in first service??
Is it recommended as per manufacturer??

I know its a good practice, i havent changed mine and have touched 1800 kms till date!

I was of impression that they change it, but i was told its changed at 10000K.
Engine Oil change is not insisted or recommended by the manufacturer. But as you yourself said, its a good practice as it clears off all the small shaving, metal particles et al from the system.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Concorde Motors Strike Again!!!

Tweety has been giving problems off late. The issues primarily are:
  1. Starter Solenoid had gone wonky and sometimes won't connect on ignition. We received a letter from TML asking us to get the car to workshop for upgradation of starter motor.
  2. Felt the AC cooling had reduced.
  3. Brakes are not effective at all

The TML letter also stated that your dealer will contact you. The letter was dated 17 October 2011 and we hadn't received any communication from Concorde Motors till 11th Nov 2011. Tweety went to Concord Motors workshop at on 12 Nov 2011 and the job card was opened at 9:15 AM with the above issues listed in complaints. Was told that the starter motors along with major wiring has to be replaced so we will get the car back on Monday 14 Nov 2011 12 Noon. Everything all right till here.

Received a call from the Service Advisor at 4:30 PM stating that they don't have the concerned upgrade kit and hence will not be able to give the car on Monday. Furthermore the SA tells me that since they don't know when the part will arrive, they won't be be able to tell me when I'll get back the car.

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!#$%&*^%$#!

After raving and ranting on SA about how it took them 7 hours to realise that the part wasn't there, I asked to pick up the car that very day in the evening. I was told that the ASC closes at 6PM and even though the ASC will be open on Sunday, since that particular SA will not be there, I won't get my car .

After winding up work hurriedly reached ASC at 6:30PM and after a wait of 30 minutes, during which the SA was uselessly running around, we received the car.

I'm almost on the brink of losing it with Concorde Motors. It works worse than a Govt Department and the SA are an epitome of nincompoop-ness !

P.S: The silver lining of this episode is that they have agreed to get the car picked up when the starter part arrives.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:54   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BackSeat Driver graduates with Khushiyon Ki Chaabi (Tata Nano)!!

Sorry to know that Tweety has started giving problems so early in your ownership thread.

I would recommend to get this bunch of problems sorted out patiently despite the Tata A.S.S incompetencies ( which seems to worsen in each of your visit) in servicing a customer smoothly and if some other set of problems crop up, do contemplate of looking at non-authorized reputable service center
Old 15th November 2011, 12:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: BackSeat Driver graduates with Khushiyon Ki Chaabi (Tata Nano)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
do contemplate of looking at non-authorized reputable service center
That's not possible atleast for sometime as the vehicle is under 4 year warranty and on top of that I have paid for the maintenance package as well for 4 years. My patience is running thin and if things don't get sorted out very soon, I will escalate it right to the TOP!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks