Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi

Ravich,

Ran the VAG-COM scanner on BMW, details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2306764
Old 8th April 2011, 01:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

It's really amusing how this Laura - 320d combination is so popular on this forum. What a coincidence then, we have been considering the Laura TDI to replace the Corolla some time this year, which will make the same combination in our garage
Old 8th April 2011, 06:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

@trumpcard: Nice color on the 3, man!
Old 8th April 2011, 18:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
It's really amusing how this Laura - 320d combination is so popular on this forum. What a coincidence then, we have been considering the Laura TDI to replace the Corolla some time this year, which will make the same combination in our garage

You can add me to the list of Laura + 320d FlyingSpur . Great Combination. Congratulations on your purchase Ravich, waiting for your pics.
Old 9th April 2011, 13:29   #35
BHPian

Re: Some photos of the 320d and the TSi

Here are a few photos of the 320d and TSi. The Deep Sea Blue does not seem to come through in its true hue. Will post some picture of the two side by side later.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1120003.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130010.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130011.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130022.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130033.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130037.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130040.jpg  

BMW 320d CE Initial Ownership Experience and a comparison to Laura TSi-s1130044.jpg  

Old 9th April 2011, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Ravich,

Ran the VAG-COM scanner on BMW, details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2306764
Androdev,
Thanks !. I tried this as well. Works . Was surprised to find that the 320 controller will respond to OBD command messages only when the engine is running. Not sure if you saw that behaviour in the 5 series as well. The 3 series OBD port connector easily accessible though.
Old 9th April 2011, 13:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Congrats for owning two beauties man!!!!!It's high time you upload some pics for all of us to drool over!!!!Even i own the same combination but instead of the TSI i have TDI and 320d Highline lastly I hope you won't mind if i post a pic in your thread
Looks fantastic ! I have uploaded a few. WIll post some side by side pictures later
Old 9th April 2011, 13:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice set of pictures. Clicked somewhere in New Bombay is it ?
Old 9th April 2011, 13:59   #39
BHPian

@ravich----is this blue different from the Monaco Blue that BMW offers??

P.S.-Nice clicks but interior pics are still pending
Old 9th April 2011, 14:08   #40
BANNED

That is very well maintained Laura. How much has she clocked and how old is she?

Also, does the lower GC of the 320d pose an issue compared to the Laura over speed breakers and bad roads with a full load of passengers?
Old 10th April 2011, 04:00   #41
BHPian

@Ravich, You are right. The pictures do not do justice to the fine color choice. The DSB in flesh is the perfect dark blue (I think it has replaced Monaco). Great choice. I veered from it at the very last minute, 2 weeks after the booking, for the Alpine white.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:19   #42
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d CE voice commands

Finally got around to trying the voice commands for dialing. The manual supplied did not have anything on voice commands. But thankfully bimmerfest had pointers to online manuals.
The Voice commands work quite well. Saving names and numbers and dialing work near flawlessly.

On the Laura I used a Jabra Bluetooth car kit . Dialing out was not easy. Voice dialling never worked in combination with any phone reliably. The voice commands feature on the 320d CE is quite useful as it is reliable.

Should not be a surprise given the price ; but voice recognition when reliable is always a pleasant surprise.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:28   #43
BHPian

Hi ravich
congrats on your beauty really looks stunning in deep sea blue, i chose a platinum bronze for my beamer 320D.
i can see you have clicked all your pics near upvan lake so i presume you stay in vicinity, even i stay in the same area so i guess we can meet up some time. interestingly even i am facing problems in using the speak button. I checked out the manuals to no avail can you pls share the online manuals or pointers for BMW speak function with me it will be great help.
regards
Old 21st April 2011, 22:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
Hi ravich
congrats on your beauty really looks stunning in deep sea blue, i chose a platinum bronze for my beamer 320D.
i can see you have clicked all your pics near upvan lake so i presume you stay in vicinity, even i stay in the same area so i guess we can meet up some time. interestingly even i am facing problems in using the speak button. I checked out the manuals to no avail can you pls share the online manuals or pointers for BMW speak function with me it will be great help.
regards
Thanks ! I can't attach a pdf file > 3MB. So attached an extract with low resolution images of the relevant pages . See if it helps. Can email the pdf if you need it.
Are you by any chance in Glendale? Noticed a brand new 320d there. Looked very good.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BMWVOICECONTROL.doc (279.5 KB, 556 views)
Old 22nd April 2011, 06:57   #45
BHPian

hi ravich
thanks for you inputs, i have sent you my details on PM.
you may email me the entire file on my personnel email I/D please. thanks again.
regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks