Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

Wowie. That is one awesomely maintained Cedia. Dude, Cedia is one car I have always had a soft corner for. And they make up for one of the sweetest deals available in used car market.

Congrats carfreak on your pre-worshipped girl. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Even though I have a feeling that the price could be a little lower, it is always advisable to pay a little extra for a car that is well maintained. You have certainly made a good decision and have struck a nice deal. 17,000 clicks on her odo is nothing and she can still be considered a virgin.

Get her serviced and start opening the engine up according to your own driving style. She will be a prized possession with you for years to come, I am sure.
Old 14th April 2011, 23:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

Congrats Carfreak, dont know how I missed this thread. May it went to second page quickly (not many people intersted in cedia as you said ).

The car look pristine. Raaj certainly maintained the car well. Reminded me of my car, looked same when I bought it.

You need better tyres for better handling, 205/55 or 215/55 will be an ideal upgrade. Also, the steering is about getting used to, once you drive the car around for couple of thousand kms, may be you will have a different opinion on steering and suspension (MHO, ). Havent driven the palio 1.6 but I personally prefer cedias suspension over fiesta (even ikon) or civics suspension. The rear in the latter is too badly set up. But I do agree that the steering of civic is much more spot on.

For the seats, i do agree that the fabric ones in my cousin's cedia provide much better support than the leather (over padded) seats in your and mine cedia.

Wish you miles of Happiness. Take care and drive safe.

In between: you may want to go for extended warranty, since the car I believe still has few days before it turns 2.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th April 2011 at 23:09.
Old 14th April 2011, 23:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Few other points about the car worth mentioning!!

Congratulations !

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
but at high speeds it does not weigh well enough.of course it is better than any e.p.s. system but not as good as the best hydraulic ones!also it has some vagueness at dead centre position!

though the horn button is bit hard to press but not something you will find too annoying
I recall both these points coming up during my TD last year. I had put down the steering vagueness at dead-centre to be a one-off thing due to the TD car (though it was a brand new customer piece). In fact I did not notice it in a couple of TD's earlier in different cars. Do you still feel this? Or was it just initially?

Quote:
9)The seats (leather seats) do not provide good lateral support especially on enthusiastic cornering.
That's a surprise. I found the seats extremely comfortable. But then I did not get the opportunity to corner hard.
Old 14th April 2011, 23:29   #19
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Please read the board rules and announcements section before posting further !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. The white cedia looks very nice. As you said a Mitsubishi is made for rallies, one rarely encounters a Corolla or a Civic in that arena. Supposed to be build like a tank.

I would have expected that cornering will be top class in a Cedia. I mean in a rally car thats what one can expect. Hmm, perhaps rally cars have modified suspensions.
The build quality is not as good as the Europeans!in fact i am facing rattling from many areas and many owners have reported the same!

Rally Cedias have totally different suspensions!tuned for rally roads and speeds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The first pic of the Cedia is stunning. Few sedans look so proportionate and this good in their side profiles, but the Cedia is just the perfect shape. Low slung with plenty of character. The rear spoiler adding to the beauty of the car. Good choice mate. Wish you many happy miles with your Cedia !!
Thank you man you said it right though i did not mention it in my thread, it does have a sporty profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
Congratulations on your ride. The price is justified when you know that the previous owner has taken good care of the car. And for a car in such great shape, 8 lacs is a bargain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the beauty!!! A very well maintained ride.

Wishing you many many happy miles with the car.

PS: Going against the drift here but I guess 8L is a little steep. Not by a huge margin but probably a lakh to 1.5L on the higher side
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Wowie. That is one awesomely maintained Cedia. Dude, Cedia is one car I have always had a soft corner for. And they make up for one of the sweetest deals available in used car market.

Congrats carfreak on your pre-worshipped girl. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Even though I have a feeling that the price could be a little lower, it is always advisable to pay a little extra for a car that is well maintained. You have certainly made a good decision and have struck a nice deal. 17,000 clicks on her odo is nothing and she can still be considered a virgin.

Get her serviced and start opening the engine up according to your own driving style. She will be a prized possession with you for years to come, I am sure.
Thanks a million guys!!i do know the price is a bit high but like recompose has mentioned i feel when i am getting a car whose history i know then the extra bucks is justified!that was the main reason i did not bargain too much.plus i had the problem with availability of used cars in my area which i mentioned in my initial posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Carfreak, dont know how I missed this thread. May it went to second page quickly (not many people intersted in cedia as you said ).

The car look pristine. Raaj certainly maintained the car well. Reminded me of my car, looked same when I bought it.

You need better tyres for better handling, 205/55 or 215/55 will be an ideal upgrade. Also, the steering is about getting used to, once you drive the car around for couple of thousand kms, may be you will have a different opinion on steering and suspension (MHO, ). Havent driven the palio 1.6 but I personally prefer cedias suspension over fiesta (even ikon) or civics suspension. The rear in the latter is too badly set up. But I do agree that the steering of civic is much more spot on.

For the seats, i do agree that the fabric ones in my cousin's cedia provide much better support than the leather (over padded) seats in your and mine cedia.

Wish you miles of Happiness. Take care and drive safe.

In between: you may want to go for extended warranty, since the car I believe still has few days before it turns 2.
gaurav, your thread was and is still the one i use as a reference for a good ownership review of the cedia

Yes the tyres definitely need upgrading!think i will stick to 205/55 option.i do not think going for 16" wheels will be a wise option will it?

The steering is bit light for my taste-i mean i personally prefer a heavier steering.of course it is precise!like you have said maybe it is just a matter of getting used to it!

Is extended warranty worth it?i mean mitsubishis are usually reliable and so is the extra cash warranted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Congratulations !
I recall both these points coming up during my TD last year. I had put down the steering vagueness at dead-centre to be a one-off thing due to the TD car (though it was a brand new customer piece). In fact I did not notice it in a couple of TD's earlier in different cars. Do you still feel this? Or was it just initially?

That's a surprise. I found the seats extremely comfortable. But then I did not get the opportunity to corner hard.
Regarding the steering i still feel it but again maybe i am comparing it to the best i have driven in!guys dont get me wrong, the steering is really good.and maybe once i get used to it i wont complain any longer

the seats are very slippery!like gaurav told i guess fabric ones will provide much more lateral support.the problem being with the leather seats the contours of the seat are lost and they dont provide the needed support!

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2011 at 10:33. Reason: posts merged
Old 15th April 2011, 00:15   #20
BHPian

Congrats carfreak, its an awesome car you have got there, enjoy miles of happiness with it.

There is definitely something about Palio 1.6 owners getting attracted to Cedia. I for one must admit I too was very keen on it when time came to get another car. I agree with you on the awesome steering feel of Palio, during my TD's only Civic bettered my expectation in this department. Ride wise, mine is GTX which comes with even stiffer suspension settings to aid handling and hence doesn't provide a gliding ride of other Palios. Cedia was dropped solely because I thought it was at the end of its life cycle and thanks to the service reputation, may have to struggle for parts. Couldn't come to terms with two cars struggling for parts under the same roof.

I like the looks of your model much better compared to the current Cedia Sport. The new one comes with better kit but the front end is ruined and looks plain-jane. 17500 kms in cars like these is as good as new, you can thank the previous owner and team-bhpian Raaj for running-in YOUR car and gifting you the differential 3.5 lakhs on the on-road price, if you understand what I mean. Completely understand and with you when you say you paid a small premium for the peace of mind.

If you are keen on modding your ride, don't even bother with the current steering feel and suspension, straight fit kits are ready to transform your car to a sports car and take it to the level of Evos.

Last edited by v.anand : 15th April 2011 at 00:20.
Old 15th April 2011, 00:34   #21
BHPian

You never started a Ownership thread in 7 years! But when you did , I can say its one of the most detailed and arranged ownership reviews I have read so far

Congratulations for the car which ticked most of the boxes and many more . Enjoy her and drive safe.
Old 15th April 2011, 00:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gaurav, your thread was and is still the one i use as a reference for a good ownership review of the cedia
Thanks Man! I am glad, it was of help .

Quote:
Yes the tyres definitely need upgrading!think i will stick to 205/55 option.i do not think going for 16" wheels will be a wise option will it?
I'd definitely not recommend 16". The gain in handling and looks is far less than the loss in comfort. A strict no no from my side.

One thing I am guessing, the OZs are of ligher weight than the Hindalcos in my cedia. Even I thought that the steering was slightly light on the cedia I drove, which had OZs. Added to that, the steering on my cousin's cedia which runs on ultra light 16" alloys is further light. The steering of mine and my friend's red cedia (hindalco alloys again) is much better weighted, despite the fact that my car runs on 205/55 and his on 185/65s.

Quote:
Is extended warranty worth it?i mean mitsubishis are usually reliable and so is the extra cash warranted?
I think it is. It costs about 7.5k but then it compensates for the expensive parts of cedia. The smallest of part covered under extended warranty will cost more than this. Although, cedia is a very reliable car, we need to understand that its a machinery at the end of the day and can go wrong. For eg, the clock spring in my cousin's cedia went kaput and a new one set us back by 12.5k. This is a issue in 3 out of 10 cedias. Apart from this, you also get peace of mind. I would highly recommend you get extended warranty.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th April 2011 at 00:51.
Old 15th April 2011, 01:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

carfreak, congrats on buying a good car though the price seriously does not match the market. This is become a rare car, what about the maintenance costs on this one compare to your palio 1.6 ?
Old 15th April 2011, 10:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the purchase.
There is definitely something about Palio 1.6 owners moving on to the Cedia. I sold my Palio and am looking for a used Cedia. Enjoy the car.
Old 15th April 2011, 23:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Congrats carfreak, its an awesome car you have got there, enjoy miles of happiness with it.

There is definitely something about Palio 1.6 owners getting attracted to Cedia. I for one must admit I too was very keen on it when time came to get another car. I agree with you on the awesome steering feel of Palio, during my TD's only Civic bettered my expectation in this department. Ride wise, mine is GTX which comes with even stiffer suspension settings to aid handling and hence doesn't provide a gliding ride of other Palios. Cedia was dropped solely because I thought it was at the end of its life cycle and thanks to the service reputation, may have to struggle for parts. Couldn't come to terms with two cars struggling for parts under the same roof.

I like the looks of your model much better compared to the current Cedia Sport. The new one comes with better kit but the front end is ruined and looks plain-jane. 17500 kms in cars like these is as good as new, you can thank the previous owner and team-bhpian Raaj for running-in YOUR car and gifting you the differential 3.5 lakhs on the on-road price, if you understand what I mean. Completely understand and with you when you say you paid a small premium for the peace of mind.

If you are keen on modding your ride, don't even bother with the current steering feel and suspension, straight fit kits are ready to transform your car to a sports car and take it to the level of Evos.
Thanks a lot my palio was the 1.6 sport which i think had the same suspension as the gtx right?the ride was not very cosy but the handling was awesome!and anyways i am glad someone feels the same as me when it comes to the steering feedback of the palio!

Regarding parts i am keeping my fingers crossed!!hope it wont be a major problem!i feel most parts which need to be changed for routine service will be available easily!

Modification will definitely come but only after some time!after all all modifications are only as good as your Vitamin M!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
You never started a Ownership thread in 7 years! But when you did , I can say its one of the most detailed and arranged ownership reviews I have read so far

Congratulations for the car which ticked most of the boxes and many more . Enjoy her and drive safe.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
carfreak, congrats on buying a good car though the price seriously does not match the market. This is become a rare car, what about the maintenance costs on this one compare to your palio 1.6 ?
Regarding maintenance costs i will soon update this thread but i am thinking it wont be too costly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Congrats on the purchase.
There is definitely something about Palio 1.6 owners moving on to the Cedia. I sold my Palio and am looking for a used Cedia. Enjoy the car.
Whoa this is more than a mere coincidence!i thought raaj and me were the only ones!!

btw your palio thread was awesome!i have gone through it.trust me on this-whatever car you buy and how so ever good it may be you will continue to have fond memories of the palio!mark my words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

One thing I am guessing, the OZs are of ligher weight than the Hindalcos in my cedia. Even I thought that the steering was slightly light on the cedia I drove, which had OZs. Added to that, the steering on my cousin's cedia which runs on ultra light 16" alloys is further light. The steering of mine and my friend's red cedia (hindalco alloys again) is much better weighted, despite the fact that my car runs on 205/55 and his on 185/65s.

I think it is. It costs about 7.5k but then it compensates for the expensive parts of cedia. The smallest of part covered under extended warranty will cost more than this. Although, cedia is a very reliable car, we need to understand that its a machinery at the end of the day and can go wrong. For eg, the clock spring in my cousin's cedia went kaput and a new one set us back by 12.5k. This is a issue in 3 out of 10 cedias. Apart from this, you also get peace of mind. I would highly recommend you get extended warranty.
So is the steering lightedness due to the alloys?i thought it would be applicable to all cedias!!wish i could get my hands on one with the Hindalco alloys!

Alright i will go in for the extended warranty then.going for service in a week's time from now!have you experienced any problem procuring spare parts?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2011 at 10:32. Reason: posts merged
Old 16th April 2011, 12:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So is the steering lightedness due to the alloys?i thought it would be applicable to all cedias!!wish i could get my hands on one with the Hindalco alloys!
I am guessing this based on my experience, so cant be certain.

Quote:
have you experienced any problem procuring spare parts?
Service parts are far easily available but major parts may entail a waiting period of a week to ten days. But you will certainly get them.

For that matter, the oil filter and air filter of cedia is same as that of lancer and Fuel filter assembly is changed at 1 lac kms.

For the warranty, check with service center, when its due. I remember the registration date of my car was last week of october but the warranty ended in third week and it by chance was the last date when I got the extended warranty. Dont know how they figure it out.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th April 2011 at 12:57.
Old 16th April 2011, 20:00   #27
BHPian

Was waiting for this thread!. A proper "enthusiast" review. Where do you do all the testing(cornering etc) in and around Udupi?.
The stickers await you!
Old 16th April 2011, 20:01   #28
BHPian

Alright i will check it out when i give for service!
Old 18th April 2011, 18:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Was waiting for this thread!. A proper "enthusiast" review. Where do you do all the testing(cornering etc) in and around Udupi?.
The stickers await you!
Hello Sundeep i saw your post only just now!!

Handling testing was done on the road to Kollur!!There was a civic in front and he was speeding away like anything.usually i drive sedately that too my wife and father in law were there too, but somehow this time i felt like chasing him and thats exactly what i did!!had great fun!that is when i got a proper idea of the handling characteristics of the car!

Its another thing my wife had a bad migraine by the time we reached the temple!
Old 18th April 2011, 20:17   #30
BHPian

Hi
Very neatly written review. Congratulations on the buy. I had recently test driven a cedia registered in bombay. Very impressed with it. But the dealer kept telling me its a 4 year old car with only 20000kms on its odometer which i really doubt, plus, he was quoting 5.5lakhs for the car. Had to let it go as my better half put her foot down as as definite no. Waiting till december and hoping i can change her mind plus searching for the right one. Cheer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks