Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 23:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: First service after i bought the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
But the staff are a dedicated lot......"Oh that is nothing sir we will fix it!it could be a problem with xyz part or the abc part" or something to that effect without listening to the problem completely
One thing I have always appreciated about Mitsubishi is its customer service. I can vouch that no service station I have been to including Maruti Suzuki, VW, Honda, or Tata has been able to provide the same level of customer satisfaction as what i get at HM -Mitsubishi.

The reason is simple, when one are over burdened by work, one tries to finish as much as one can without caring about the quality, its quantity that matter. And thats with every one.

As I always say, Honda, toyota, suzuki, these are like Commercial Cinema (aimed at majority people). Mitsubishi is like Art Cinema (aimed at specific audience). People appreciate Mitsubishi but they dont do even 1/100th business of what your competitors do.

Quote:
Here is a list of the works done and the costs involved-

1. Plug Body Rs.118
2. Cable assy Rs.1182
3. Wiper Rs.625 x 2 = Rs.1250

Labour charges
1.Cable assy Rs.120
2.Wiper(2) Rs.120
3.General Check-up Rs.750
4.Painting Rs.850
5.Car wash/vaccuming Rs.300

Parts total: Rs.2550
Labour total: Rs.2215

Grand total: Rs.5349 (inclusive of taxes)

Extra Rs.711 for the wheel alignment and balancing
That was pretty reasonable, I thought the cable assembly will cost over 5k or something . Though, you could have sourced Bosch wipers from outside for much less (costs 240 for pair, here in delhi).

Quote:
However the wheel alignment issue has not been sorted out-the service center gets it done from somewhere outside and it is evident it has not been done properly!so got to get that done from some where in Udupi itself!
The problem is very few tyre shops have cedia's suspension specs in their computers/machines; so most do alignment considering lancer's suspension. Thats the reason I have stuck to one shop for alignment, which has details of cedia.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 8th May 2011 at 23:37.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:13   #47
BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

Hey Carfreak, glad the part ade it in good time and your car being back on the road.

I agree with Gaurav on the sales and service staff and their attitude overall, they are a good lot and usually pay attention to detail.

@Gaurav: the 'Art Cinema' reference is great!!

The extended warranty is the best thing you could've done.

As regards the rattling from the rear, it is the number plate, try driving without the number plate over a stretch that you usually hear the rattle.

The issue I have noticed is that if you tighten the number plate bolts too tight, the rattle noise comes up. This was the reason the Motordrome guys had left both bolts with a slight breather on the plate, at time of delivery.

See if that solves it for you and all the very best!

Since they are referring service manuals: do make sure the 'air intake' stays the way it is meant to be.

Last edited by mandheers : 9th May 2011 at 12:15. Reason: typo
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 14:05   #48
BHPian

Re: Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to anothe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The issue I have noticed is that if you tighten the number plate bolts too tight, the rattle noise comes up. This was the reason the Motordrome guys had left both bolts with a slight breather on the plate, at time of delivery.
I've used double-sided tape at the bottom (middle and sides) and that seemed to help, till someone yanked the bottom portion of the number plate, and now it will keep rattling till I remove it and fix it again. Use good quality tape, as to not damage or stain the paint. The black paint on my car is actually quiet delicate, don't know about other colours.
DrunkenMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 21:41   #49
BHPian

Thanks for your comments guys, my replies in bold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
One thing I have always appreciated about Mitsubishi is its customer service. I can vouch that no service station I have been to including Maruti Suzuki, VW, Honda, or Tata has been able to provide the same level of customer satisfaction as what i get at HM -Mitsubishi.

The reason is simple, when one are over burdened by work, one tries to finish as much as one can without caring about the quality, its quantity that matter. And thats with every one.

You hit the nail on the head!!this is the main reason why they are so dedicated-they simply have the precious time which other manufacturers' service guys cant provide!!

As I always say, Honda, toyota, suzuki, these are like Commercial Cinema (aimed at majority people). Mitsubishi is like Art Cinema (aimed at specific audience). People appreciate Mitsubishi but they dont do even 1/100th business of what your competitors do.

Wow what a comparison but are art cinema lovers so few in this country?i mean i go through the monthly sales figures posted in team-bhp and i tell myself "wow i am driving a car that is more exclusive than the bmw 7-series!"

That was pretty reasonable, I thought the cable assembly will cost over 5k or something . Though, you could have sourced Bosch wipers from outside for much less (costs 240 for pair, here in delhi).

Learnt my lesson this time-next time i will buy it from outside and fix it myself avoiding the labour charges too

The problem is very few tyre shops have cedia's suspension specs in their computers/machines; so most do alignment considering lancer's suspension. Thats the reason I have stuck to one shop for alignment, which has details of cedia.

Oh no this is a cause for concern.i mean there are very few cedias here-to be precise only 2 including mine in Udupi district!dont think any body will have the codes for cedia.what can be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The extended warranty is the best thing you could've done.

Btw i got the extended warranty card today!thanks for recommending the same!!

As regards the rattling from the rear, it is the number plate, try driving without the number plate over a stretch that you usually hear the rattle.

See if that solves it for you and all the very best!

oh i will surely try this method.do not know when-last few days have been very busy and it will remain so for next few weeks!

Since they are referring service manuals: do make sure the 'air intake' stays the way it is meant to be.

oh no i will never allow then to do that.personally i felt it as very un-scientific!!
Another cost i forgot to mention-got the 'Pollution under Control' done 2 days back-costed Rs.50/-

Last edited by carfreak : 10th May 2011 at 21:43.
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 15:52   #50
BHPian

You might wanna look this up:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2374262
Old 18th January 2012, 18:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

@carfreak, for the wheel alignment, there are some do's and don'ts in general.
* Always take a printout of the alignment (for record, and also you can use it to check front toe, camber, and rear toe, camber etc when aligning later)
* The workshop will have a boards showing the wheel alignment requirement for the Cedia, take a snap of it.

Once you know the right target values, and the deltas permissible, you can get alignment done in any good alignment place!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks