Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 14:01   #16
BHPian

Re: '95 Premier 118 NE Petrol - The Journey Begins!

@ObsessedByFIAT: Congrats on your new Buy and welcome to 118NE Family.

I think funkykar is not aware that you got a NE. It would be a surprise for him though.

Glad to see that the NE is now running fine and you are enjoying every bit of your drive. Do keep us posted on the progress done.
GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 15:19   #17
BHPian

@Ilango:- Will try and find some time on the weekend to remove the wheel and check for the noise. And for sure, I am coming to you to get that indicator thing sorted out!!

@GreenDay: - Thanks for your wishes!
Funkycar, I think, is aware of the purchase. I had been in touch with him through PM.

There is still a lot to be done on the car to get it in the condition I want it to be like. So sure enough a lot of updates will be coming through, albiet a bit slow as I do not want to rush and do everything at once. Would like to enjoy each and every part of owning and maintaining it. Also, mullah is a BIG BIG factor!!

Cheers!
Old 27th April 2011, 15:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
I think funkykar is not aware that you got a NE. It would be a surprise for him though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Funkycar, I think, is aware of the purchase.
How could I not be aware of when it is a NE. I sure wasn't aware of this thread though. Thanks Chetu to point me here.

It feels really heartening to see people adopt the 118 NE, when most prefer to scrap it. With Ilango around, last thing you need to do is to worry about issues. Get the mechanicals perfect, then do the tinter/paint job later.

Once all done, start implementing the endless DIY's that Ilango does.

EDIT: I wish I could borrow Ilango for a couple of weeks. I am sure I will bug him enough not to return to Bangalore.

Last edited by funkykar : 27th April 2011 at 15:34.
Old 27th April 2011, 15:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
How could I not be aware of when it is a NE. I sure wasn't aware of this thread though. Thanks Chetu to point me here.

It feels really heartening to see people adopt the 118 NE, when most prefer to scrap it. With Ilango around, last thing you need to do is to worry about issues. Get the mechanicals perfect, then do the tinter/paint job later.

Once all done, start implementing the endless DIY's that Ilango does.

EDIT: I wish I could borrow Ilango for a couple of weeks. I am sure I will bug him enough not to return to Bangalore.

Thanks for your wishes Karthik!

Well, as for Ilango, please be in queue!! He is not going anywhere for atleast a year till the time I get all the stuff he has on his car! And we both along with who ever wants to join in for a trip in NE we have been planning for quite sometime now!!

Cheers!
Old 27th April 2011, 15:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

If Ilango can be of such help on tbhp, emails and phone, I cant even imagine how it would be if he is in Bangalore. If he comes here, I am sure I will make myself feel like hell to him .

Jokes apart, yes, I too would want to do a trip in the NE. Lets first do away with the summer, then may be we drive to Goa. I assume would be a mid point for us.

I too badly need to start a new thread on the 118 NE that I have purchased recently. It will be up with a lot of data in a week or two. I had hid this fact for some time with Ilango also as to surprise him. The carb issues and so coudnt let me surprise, in fact made me seek his help

Ilango: When are you coming to Bangalore man?
Old 27th April 2011, 16:17   #21
BHPian

@FunkyKar: - Trip to Goa in NE!! That would be a dream ride for me. I just hope we can workout/ironout any and every niggle we might face.

I would want to bring the car to such reliable levels that it can do this drive without a single stop (apart from fueling it up)

What can I say about Ilango? He is one of his kind! He has been such great help and motivator through the process. I have sure made his life hell with all the questions, doubts, anxieties and what not! Still he has the patience to answer each one of them!

And yes, please start a thread ASAP! We have very limited knowledge base on this car even on the www, let alone BHP. Lets try and make a one stop shop thing for everything related to NE. (Just like we have for the Priemer Padmini). I am more than willing to share whatever little I have learned so far about the car.

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 16:28   #22
BHPian

Look at this. Very nice to see many NE's speaking here Let's get the NE's running.

@ObsessedByFIAT: Check this out, the images posted by Scarlet Rider, may be of some help to you.

I made a short trip to Coorg in my NE. The total of 600KMS drive was stress and was awesome. Even though it was raining cats and dogs all the way to Coorg, NE made my journey real smooth.
Old 27th April 2011, 16:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
@ObsessedByFIAT: Check this out, the images posted by Scarlet Rider, may be of some help to you.
Thanks for the link! That is surely helpful! And that reminds me of adding another item to the list, the wheel caps!

Cheers!
Old 27th April 2011, 16:48   #24

Whoa! That was some journey to get your car. Waiting to see the photos of after the bodywork.
Are you planning to put back the LPG kit or staying with petrol
Old 27th April 2011, 17:39   #25
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

today i found this NE near south end circle. it was too good to look at in this type of alloy wheel. this wheel looks like it is made for NE. if i had a NE, no doubt its definitely with this kind of alloy wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
'95 Premier 118 NE Petrol - The Journey Begins!-img014.jpg  

'95 Premier 118 NE Petrol - The Journey Begins!-img015.jpg  

'95 Premier 118 NE Petrol - The Journey Begins!-img016.jpg  

Old 28th April 2011, 10:39   #26
BHPian

@a.sundaram: - Thanks for comments! The journey is yet to begin!!! Right now, I have no plans to do up the cosmetics. Will be the last one to be done. Right now my focus will only be towards all the mechanical niggles. Though the car runs very smooth, but still there are a few bits here and there which need attention.

@Karthik1100: - Thanks for the pics!
@Ilango: - Are you getting any hints from these alloys????

Cheers!
Old 28th April 2011, 11:06   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
today i found this NE near south end circle. it was too good to look at in this type of alloy wheel. this wheel looks like it is made for NE.
This is not any branded wheel. This was pretty common in Bangalore 10-15 years ago. If i remember right, it was one shop near Bamboo Bazaar making this wheel. I've seen this wheel on Amby too.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:56   #28
BHPian

118 NE was the first car I owned from 1995 till 2003.

Great and very comfortable car. Rear seat is like a sofa. Except for Body issues it is very easy to maintain and simple car. Gear box is out of this world and so is stability on road. I still remember - once I was travelling on Pune-Mumbai expressway and near Malavali I got caught in cloud burst situation. At one point the car travelling in front of me (I remember it was Honda City) skidded left and right but my NE was stable like a rock.

Best luck friend for new acquisition.
Old 28th April 2011, 19:31   #29
BHPian

I love the kind of noise it makes when one pulls it in 2nd gear !! When I was schooling our neighbour use to own one. We had good old fiat and ambasaddor always wished to own one of them then! It really blew of ones head when shifting gears it was makhan ! It was one of the 1st cars to have the skoda type high pitch horn !
Enjoi your 118ne man

Last edited by m-hawk : 28th April 2011 at 19:33.
Old 29th April 2011, 09:51   #30
BHPian

@CANPUSH, @m-hawk: - Thank you for your wishes and sharing your experiences with the car!

Well, I have been driving this car everyday in the morning and I have noticed that if I downshift from 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd, there is some noise from the engine as if something is going to break. This happens only if the speed of the car is relatively more. Do not know the exact speed as the speedo is not functioning.

Also, the car jerks a lot while releasing the clutch which is kind of annoying me. It does the same drama as if there is no fuel in the car and it is coming to halt.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks