Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 14:17   #46
BHPian

Re: White Ford Figo 1.4 Tdci - The Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Hi Laxmanrk,
Thanks. Yeah my budget is about 7 K max. Pl. post the cost of the micro-DE also. Btw which one among these Hellas is better.
Btw.is it possible to (just a thought) to remove the 2 projecter lights of the Octy(on the extreme ends of the headlamp casing), fit them down on the bumper and replace them with normal bulbs ? Another reason for this thought is because typically Fog lights (the projecters in the Octavia) are always fitted low down in the bumper, whereas in the Octavia, they are in the Headlamp casing...strange !

A problem with the Hellas that they are not city legal or i too would have gone for them straighta way.
Here are the pictures of my dad's Octavia with the Hella Micro DEs

We did investigate the removal of the fog lamps from the Headlamp assembly, but it does not seem feasible.

Primarily we did the DIY to the Octy and the Figo for better view of the road on the highway.

The 700s offer better spread and length over the Micro DEs. Also Octy's headlamps inherently are good in comparison to the Figo's
Attached Thumbnails
White Ford Figo 1.4 Tdci - The Shocker-img2012010700145.jpg  

White Ford Figo 1.4 Tdci - The Shocker-img2012010700146.jpg  

Old 10th January 2012, 15:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Here are the pictures of my dad's Octavia with the Hella Micro DEs

We did investigate the removal of the fog lamps from the Headlamp assembly, but it does not seem feasible.

Primarily we did the DIY to the Octy and the Figo for better view of the road on the highway.

The 700s offer better spread and length over the Micro DEs. Also Octy's headlamps inherently are good in comparison to the Figo's
Thanks...i would prefer the Micro DEs. Could you share the cost pl ?
Old 11th January 2012, 01:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Thanks...i would prefer the Micro DEs. Could you share the cost pl ?
Go to Shop4Hella.com

It is the sales website of Hella. You might be able to buy it directly from there.

My dad got a pair all inclusive of wiring et al for about Rs. 4500/- but it took some time to source it as it came from Bangalore.

Anyways, do post some pics after you install them on your car.
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 17:12   #49
BHPian

Investigating further i landed up at the Hella Pune distributer. I prefered the Micro DE as far as looks & fitting convenience is concerned, but wanted Driving lights with a long throw and NOT fogs which have a wider dispersed light.

Solution : The 60 mm Module. This is a projecter type light which costs (believe it or not) 2.8 K for a set (2 nos) and is slightly larger than the Micro DE. Their technical guy was out, so i could not get the nitty-gritties of this product, but i think its got both Hi & low beam versions and is much more economical than the Micro DEs.

I will try to open up the Octavia bumper slats this week to locate the best positions and fit this module light next week.

http://http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=1800
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
Old 27th February 2012, 20:23   #50
BHPian

Hi Laxman,
Beautiful alloys you have on the Figo. IMHO five spoke alloys look the best on cars, they have some sort of classical beauty. Are those Yokohama wheels? Could you please provide some details as to the make of the wheels,and where they are available if possible as i cant get hold of a decent pair of 5spokers?
Regards

Most Viewed