Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2006, 11:47   #16
BHPian

@samurai:

That was an excellent writeup with some cool pictures for us to visualise better. Keep them comin.

The Gaur can grow upto 6 feet and 1000 kilos!! hmm I would have identified it as a Bison if someone were to ask me
Old 3rd February 2006, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
look at the 3rd photo , the lone tusker one...can you see a haze on the whole pic?? I have many photos with the same problem, what do you think is the reason behind this?? direct sunlight on the lens??...I dont think so coz I have cross checked and deleted that probability.
1. Overexposure. In this case by 1 stop.
2. Lens flare. Happens when protection is not taken when shooting towards the sun. Lens hood must be used, or, use hand to stop the direct sunlight hitting the lens. Zoom lenses are prone to flare due to the multiple optical elements.
Old 7th February 2006, 04:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

pleasing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
After our trip to K Gudi Jungle Lodges, we wanted more of the same. Since we are moving out of Bangalore in April, we want to finish off picnic places within 250Kms of Bangalore.
On the way I had hoped to meet the lone tusker... I mean the lone BHPian [Ananth Kamath] from Mysore, but he was busy in an Air-show that day, so decided not to disturb him.
your trip-logs are a welcome pleasure to read.

love the way you describe them very enthusiastically, dotted with pictures and detailed descriptions about the places you visit, along-with visitor information (directions, hotels, rest areas, and the lot...).

keep them coming...

ad
Old 9th February 2006, 22:33   #19
BHPian

Very nice review indeed. Leopard sighting is very uncommon and considered more fortunate than tiger sighting. Your review gives a nice general idea of this trip. One day I will be there too....
Old 10th February 2006, 00:05   #20
BHPian

Excellent review!... man I envy you so much... you got to see a leopard..
Kabini is an unbelievable place indeed. I was lucky to see a sloth bear duing the boat ride! The best part is the road to Kabini, (about 5-10Km before the resort).. man I saw a lone tusker on the road at 10:30 in the morning! it was bit scary..considering i was on a M800 ..but elephants are so majestic, you can watch them for hours!...
Old 15th February 2006, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Hi Samurai,

Excellent snaps, iam sure u have a great camera, i write blogs of my travelling experience too... the way u have put ur exp in words is fantastic.....was planning to go to kabini..now its a definite this calendar year
Old 28th February 2006, 17:00   #22
BHPian

Samurai,
you lucky dude to have met with Mr.Tiger at nagarhole..i have ventured somany forests..steaked out somany water holes on many night outs but havent been able to see a tiger..although i could hear them...
Aug 2005, i could hear a tiger right next to us at nagarhole at the exact same location you have photographed the tiger.. This place is under the transmission lines which run through the forests isntit?
Old 28th February 2006, 17:35   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
Samurai,
you lucky dude to have met with Mr.Tiger at nagarhole....
This place is under the transmission lines which run through the forests isntit?
This was a leopard, not Tiger. Yes, you are right about the location, it is where the high voltage transmission lines run through. Our guide told us that few days back he saw a tiger chasing the leopard right next to their jeep and the leopard escaped by climbing a tree.
Old 28th February 2006, 17:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue, Samurai and great pics too.
Kabini is one great place to visit (have done it twice and am planning another visit soon). No wonder it is rated as among the top 5 wildlife resorts in the world.
Old 1st March 2006, 18:09   #25
BHPian

Niiiice...
Samurai, since you are on the jungles trip, suggest you to go to JLR in Bandipur.. I had a similar leopard experience there.. And I agree, K Gudi is the best, jungle-wise..
Once you move to the coast, you could try JLR-Devbagh (Karwar)..
Old 4th March 2006, 01:20   #26
BHPian

great writeup samurai.
Old 28th July 2006, 00:10   #27
BHPian

Great write up. I am planning on a trip to Kabini in August. This write up tempts me more. I have to travel from chennai.

Just looking for one information. Is the new highway between bangalore and Mysore complete. From silkboard (i will come via Hosur) how to find the mysore road? I remember some fly over kind of thing but not very sure. Can some one help me?

Also is there any good fuel stations past Mysore. I am very scared of fuelling (petrol) in unknown places because of very pathetic fuel quality.

It is very unfortunate that there are no useful maps that can be found on websites. I am going to get some paper maps from eicher sold at landmark.

See these links for samples (found in google). The snaps look great particularly "Butterfly kill" in the second one (not of nagerhole though). Too good.

http://kalyanvarma.net/photoblog/?cat=3
http://kalyanvarma.net/photoblog/index.php
http://www.kalyanvarma.net/photograp...?tag=Nagerhole

Last edited by LandCruiser : 28th July 2006 at 00:12.
Old 28th July 2006, 08:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Great write up. I am planning on a trip to Kabini in August. This write up tempts me more. I have to travel from chennai.

Just looking for one information. Is the new highway between bangalore and Mysore complete. From silkboard (i will come via Hosur) how to find the mysore road? I remember some fly over kind of thing but not very sure. Can some one help me?

Also is there any good fuel stations past Mysore. I am very scared of fuelling (petrol) in unknown places because of very pathetic fuel quality.

It is very unfortunate that there are no useful maps that can be found on websites. I am going to get some paper maps from eicher sold at landmark.

See these links for samples (found in google). The snaps look great particularly "Butterfly kill" in the second one (not of nagerhole though). Too good.

http://kalyanvarma.net/photoblog/?cat=3
http://kalyanvarma.net/photoblog/index.php
http://www.kalyanvarma.net/photograp...?tag=Nagerhole
1) Take Left from Silk Board on Hosur Road...it is marked Mysore left turn...u will via Banashankari and then on Mysore Road...but i wud suggest u to take the following as u require a fillup too...

or

1) Take the Silk board flyover and keep on moving straight. U will cross Forum (a mall in the left), Bosch company(in the right), keep moving straight, U will find a police academy in the right, keep moving, then u will find a BP pump (which also sells Speed97) in the right....immediately after the pump u will encounter a signal...take the left turn...that is one way

2) After left turn -- Keep moving, keep left, u will encounter a flyover dont take it, u will encounter a signal under the flyover....keep moving straight, after crossing signal u will see Hotel Woodlands, Ramanashree in the left and Provident fund office in the right...keep moving straight and keep left....that is a one way too....then u will find a stadium in the right....keep moving...keep left....u will reach corporation circle....where multiple roads join...dont confuse keep moving STRAIGHT....

3) Immediately abt 0.5 km from there u will find a signal, also a right arrow (Mysore right) take it...u will see a huge flyover which initially u might not realise, take the flyover and keep moving....after the flyover u can see 2 shell pumps one on left and other on right....u can easily fill ur tank from here....U need not have to change lanes....then keep moving straight that is Mysore Road....

I hope I could convey to u...anyway any problem pls PM me...

Abhi
Old 28th July 2006, 09:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
1) Take Left from Silk Board on Hosur Road...it is marked Mysore left turn...u will via Banashankari and then on Mysore Road...but i wud suggest u to take the following as u require a fillup too...

I hope I could convey to u...anyway any problem pls PM me...

Abhi
Thanks Abhi. I think it will be helpful for me.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 28th July 2006 at 09:36.
Old 7th August 2006, 15:45   #30
BHPian

A very informative and entertaining travelogue indeed Samurai san! Enjoyed it thoroughly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks