Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 13:23   #136
BHPian

Re: When I Went Walking To Tibet - Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2011

Wonderful. Your threads always amaze me. I admire you a lot for your trips that your undertake and the wealth of knowledge that you pass on by your threads. A big thank you from my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post

Thank you. Yes you are right, in Tibet either there are beautiful roads or absolutely no roads.
This just proves that if some work is done in Tibet / China, it is done diligently and work is of top quality. Not like India where they put up roads just for the sake of it and contractors trying to mint money by providing poor quality of roads.

I am not sure if I have missed it, but could you put a summary of expenses that you incurred for the complete trip? I have seen the numbers in various posts, but a summary would be greatly helpful.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

@Deky,

Thanks for posting much needed actual information and ground realities of this yatra.
I am sure, not only members from team-bhp, but all other who are searching this info on net will get benefited from this travelogue.

Again , congratulation and thanks.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:53   #138
Senior - BHPian

The total cost as incurred by me

1. Paid to KMVN for arrangements on India side = Rs.27,000/-
2. Paid to Chinese Side $750 (750 X 45) = Rs.33,750/-
3. Paid to DHLI for medical (excluding 2nd test)= Rs.3,100/-
4. Chinese Visa = Rs.400/-
5. Common fund(food&cooks on Tibet side, tips)= Rs.3,000/-
6. Personnal Expense (this is upto you) = Rs.12,000/-

So my Total expense was Rs.79,250/-

Out of which I believe Rajasthan Govt will give me a subsidy and refund me a sum of Rs20,000/-Only need to get a domicile certificate made!!!

Ok, Apart from the personal expenditure which you could decrease or increase as per your budget the rest is mandatory.

Some other expenditure that you might incur depending on if you requite pony and/or Porters during the trip

Pony India Side for return journey = Rs.10,000/-
Porter India side for return joureny= Rs.9000/-

Pony for 3 days Kailash Parikrama (660 RMB x 7) = Rs.4620/-
Porter for 3 days Kailash Parikrama(450 RMB X 7) = Rs.3150/-

Regards
deky is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 20:16   #139
BHPian

Deky Sir,

First of all ..let me introduce. i am Aravind and i am one of the newbie's in this world of experienced BHP'ians.

Your travelouges are one of the key reasons that made me be part of this forum and as soon i am granted the permission . Here is my first comment.

Your narration and this entire trip is a pure bliss. Thanks for sharing this with us. I have read this travelouge atleast 5 times now and have shared this with everyone whom i know and with whom i have been planning for KM Trip.
Thank you once again.
Old 10th November 2011, 23:33   #140
BHPian

Very nice written. I was glued to almost three hours reading the complete TV and noting all the details. Thanks for the valued information.
Old 11th November 2011, 13:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Deky Sir,

First of all ..let me introduce. i am Aravind and i am one of the newbie's in this world of experienced BHP'ians.

Your travelouges are one of the key reasons that made me be part of this forum and as soon i am granted the permission . Here is my first comment.

Your narration and this entire trip is a pure bliss. Thanks for sharing this with us. I have read this travelouge atleast 5 times now and have shared this with everyone whom i know and with whom i have been planning for KM Trip.
Thank you once again.
Well What can I say Arvind, but Thank You for the nice comments. If this travelogue helps anyone in their trip to KM. I would feel blessed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Very nice written. I was glued to almost three hours reading the complete TV and noting all the details. Thanks for the valued information.
Thank you, for taking out time!!!
Old 11th November 2011, 18:33   #142
BHPian

I am not a pious guy but i will def make this trip atleast once in my lifetime to see the beauty of nature.
Thamizha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 23:19   #143
Team-BHP Support

Little late, like Rudra I also got confused with your old trip

Deky tussi great ho! Excellent narrative, made me feel like I was there. Plus your courage and resolute to take this amazing treck.

Good bless and thanks for sharing.

Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 12:09   #144
Senior - BHPian

MEA is inviting applications for KMY 2012. Kindly click on this link to read more and download the application form from the official MEA website.
deky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 21:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Deky,

I really don't know how I have missed this thread ! Really stirring and awesome TL. And congratulations on doing it the 2nd time.

Really superb pictures complement the TL and the vital info will be so very useful for anyone planning a trip.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 16:12   #146

Amazing narrative in real graphic detail. Felt like I was on the trip itself. The pics are worthy of awards and I suggest deky makes sure all snaps have a watermark attesting his ownership lest they fall into greedy hands. Yes this TL can turn into a beautiful book provided he makes the right contacts in the publishing world.
Congrats Deky
As always your are awesome soon to dislodge the yeti from his perch as the great TL writer on T-bhp. I think in my honest opinion you have already dislodged the yeti.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:51   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
MEA is inviting applications for KMY 2012. Kindly click on this link to read more and download the application form from the official MEA website.
Deky, there's a bit on the application form which says:

"Please attach latest medical reports"

What are these latest medical reports? Should the applicant do all the tests as will be done by ITPB or is it something else? What did you submit?

I couldn't get any information on what specifically these medical tests should cover.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:58   #148

If I am right the medical reports they are asking for at this point in time refers to those listed on the online application page. The following have been mentioned there.
Blood sugar level-Fasting and Non Fasting
Blood pressure level-Low and High
bubbu64 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 18:28   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

What are these latest medical reports? Should the applicant do all the tests as will be done by ITPB or is it something else? What did you submit?

I couldn't get any information on what specifically these medical tests should cover.
Hi,
You need to do all the medical test suggested in the document in any of the health center, and need to submit all the reports with the application,
there is FAQ in the MEA site and it is given there, following is the link,
http://www.mea.gov.in/staticfile/kailash/kmy-faq.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards
Manoj
Manoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 19:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post
I am not a pious guy but i will def make this trip atleast once in my lifetime to see the beauty of nature.
Well, to be very frank even I took this yatra just to enjoy the nature and test myself rather than anything else. So yes do try and make this trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Little late, like Rudra I also got confused with your old trip

Deky tussi great ho! Excellent narrative, made me feel like I was there. Plus your courage and resolute to take this amazing treck.

Good bless and thanks for sharing.

Jaggu
Thank you Jaggu, as you said with resolve, everything gets easy. Its more in the mind than anything else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Deky,

I really don't know how I have missed this thread ! Really stirring and awesome TL. And congratulations on doing it the 2nd time.

Really superb pictures complement the TL and the vital info will be so very useful for anyone planning a trip.
I hope this comes in handy for those planning this trip in the coming years. Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbu64 View Post
Amazing narrative in real graphic detail. Felt like I was on the trip itself. The pics are worthy of awards and I suggest deky makes sure all snaps have a watermark attesting his ownership lest they fall into greedy hands. Yes this TL can turn into a beautiful book provided he makes the right contacts in the publishing world.
Congrats Deky
As always your are awesome soon to dislodge the yeti from his perch as the great TL writer on T-bhp. I think in my honest opinion you have already dislodged the yeti.
Thank you for your kind words. But I think there isnt any competition here. Every one has their own style of writing and everyone does a good job.

As for watermarking the pics, like last time. I forgot this time again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

This has been added from this year itself. Till last year there was no need to submit any medical reports with the application.

But I guess looking at the application it has to be blood sugar and BP report as that is the first thing that the ITBP will check.

But still, just to confirm, kindly call the MEA and speak to Attache' (China). They are pretty helpfull on the phone
011-23014900
011-23016559

Or you could mail them at

kmyatra@mea.gov.in
sochina@mea.gov.in

Also just a note, when you sending the application (preferably by speed post), please send a self addressed post card which they will stamp and send back as confirmation of reciept.

And let us know if you are selected

Good luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks