Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 19:34   #76
BHPian

Re: My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone

Hi Sourvav, very much doable. Gone are the old Ambassador/Fiat days! You may get tired, sleepy etc etc but the modern cars will remain strong throughout ;-)

Hope that helps!

Cheers and have a safe drive!
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:15   #77
BHPian

wow, I thought my thread was closed :-). I guess Nano was not enough for me & I did one more Kolkata trip in my Ritz last year it was as good as the one I did two years back!
Old 10th May 2016, 14:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear that you did the trip again, how about writing a travelogue for that one and comparing the two different class of cars ?
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:20   #79
BHPian

Hey Kannan,

Will surely write one. Waiting to sit down and pen down it some time soon.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:37   #80

It is a bit late to be posting this, but i should thank you MadTiger, and of course, our beloved Sam for the inspiration. I did a solo Nano drive from Pune to Gurgaon in May 2015. Being unsure of how the car would hold up, i had planned a 3 day drive covering approximately 500kms each day. First day i stuck to the plan, but the car gave me so much confidence that i completed the rest 1000 odd kms on the second day cruising mostly around 80kmph and about 20hrs of driving with some refreshment stops. I must say that my respect for the little thing went up a few notches after that drive. Only issue i faced was that AC blower kept conking off after a few hours of driving on Day 1. Day 2, it somehow self healed.

Last edited by arundeep : 26th May 2016 at 13:02. Reason: Smiley appeared as a link. Have removed it
arundeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 16:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Very much do-able Sourav. In 2015 December, just before Christmas, I drove to Kolkata from Chennai in my old Swift (closing in on 120,000 kms). Roads are excellent throughout, Orissa being the best. Chennai - Kolkata was 1700 kms almost. First day was Chennai - Vishakapatnam where i halted for the night and the next day late evening i was in Kolkata.
But i suggest, you drive down in winter rather than in summer. The weather and ambient temperature will be far more conducive.
All the best !
I will definitely do a "Bangalore-Kolkata-Bangalore" once at least, It is on top of my to-drive-list.
Old 15th August 2016, 21:47   #82
BHPian

I have never come across anything like this. Solo driving a Nano all the way to Kolkata from Bangalore and back. Quite remarkable.
Old 24th October 2016, 11:51   #83
BHPian

An excellent travelogue, I must say! Hats off to your confidence and will to make it there and back in a Nano. My perception for Nano

I am also planning to drive down my Brio from Bangalore to Kolkata sometime soon. So my question is - how long can I drive my KA-53 registered vehicle on Kolkata streets safely (or legally) without being harassed by the cops there? I tried searching for this bit of info from WB RTO site but couldn't find anything on these lines.
Old 13th June 2020, 22:43   #84
BHPian

I have done 800 kms non stop in 13-14 hours (mumbai to Bhopal) about 3 times now

Non stop

Dont 600+kms Mumbai to Goa in one day flat many times

Plus many more

Not. One. Breakdown

5 years 31800kms
sjain2054 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 00:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Have done, solo, in our GenX Nano AMT, Chennai-Kolkata-Chennai, twice.
Latest trip to Chennai was just before lockdown, where I'm still holed up. Once transportation is normalised, will drive back to Kolkata again. My routine is Chennai to Vishakhapatnam, usually takes 14 to 14&a half hours, with multiple stops for bio-breaks, food etc. Next day it's a 15 hours haul to Kolkata.
No issues till date. Speeds maintained around 85 -90kmph. Most of the time 90% journey is with AC. Best fuel consumption I got was 26.3kmpl. Worst was 21.5kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
My journey from Bangalore to Kolkata in a Tata Nano, that too Alone-img_20171031_15570939501.jpeg  

arjab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 19:37   #86
BHPian

Amazing! Goes on to show, how capable the Nano is within its limits. Thanks for penning this down!
Old 30th June 2020, 16:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
I was both excited and worried about my expedition. I decided not let anyone know about the drive until I reach Kolkata. So that I don’t give anyone a headache.
Bro, we think alike. I would also feel excited if I come across the same situation. I have also managed a few activities (but not yet undertaken such a long drive!), endured sickness etc. while I was out of state for studies/job, without telling my folks at home since they would practically be able to do nothing and would be under a lot of unnecessary stress during the entire period, while we would more or less be the same self.

But, I have a suggestion here. Do tell a close friend around your same age, preferably near your house about your drive so that he would practically understand your situation and not worry unwantedly. And do give him some update in between, while you take a break. So that at least there would be somebody who knows your whereabouts/'whatabouts'.

Quote:
Day 1
Distance covered - 612 kms
Driving time - 2 pm to 12 am

Day 2
Distance covered - 925 kms
Driving time - 7.45 am to 11 pm

Day 3
Distance covered - 463 kms
Driving time - 4.15 am to 12 pm

Nothing much to talk about the return journey.

Day 1 - 932 km
Driving time - 7 am to 11.30 pm

Day 2 & 3 - 1068
Driving time - 8 am to next day 5 am
I am really surprised by the average distance you have managed per day/hour, especially with the vehicle being Nano. Now, I feel that is one of the qualities of a Motorhead!

It is almost like you have relived one of the Nano ads, in which a group of friends takes it to the ghats/long drive/expedition. This is also a good testament to the Nano.

Quote:
Average economy through out - 24kmpl
Average speed - 60 km +/- 10 km
Max speed - 105 kmph
Cruising speed - 80kmph +/- 5kmph
I have also driven the Nano. I have found it fine to drive and like that seemingly sporty exhaust, its engine being a twin cyl.

Great average too. Good driving!

Quote:
Thank you guys for reading.
We should thank you for posting!
zaheermk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks