Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 18:24   #76

Re: Bangalore - Ooty - Manjur - Mulli - Mannarkkad Trip

Hello all,
I tried to travel through this route again recently.A known person from Kottathara (Attappadi) suggested otherwise since it was in the evening and there are chances that elephants could be on the narrow stretches of roads,where in it would be very difficult to pass them it seems.And it could be dangerous too.
hence we took the route via Mettupalayam from Ooty to Palakkad.

So who ever is planning to go via this route could plan accordingly to avoid early morning and late evening journeys. Otherwise roads, except for a few rough patches, seems good to travel.

I am planning one more trip soon and would update the condition of this route.

Cheers all !!
Old 10th May 2018, 09:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
No, I am talking about the road that dijeesh took from Manjoor to Mannarkad via Agali & Mukkali, that has lots of wildlife.
That's the Anaikatti route. No permits required.

P.S: Didn't notice that your question was posted in 2013!! My bad!

Last edited by discoverwild : 10th May 2018 at 09:14.
Old 17th May 2018, 13:07   #78
BHPian

I did the Ooty-Manjoor-Geddai-Mulli-Velliangadu-Karamadai-Tirupur(My hometown), a couple of years back on my Apache 150(2006 model) with my wife in the pillion. Started after lunch at Ooty and reached Karamadai safely around 5.30 pm. Trust me, it was one of the most thrilling/foolhardy rides i had done. Never do it with only a single vehicle. Always go in a group of bikes to be on the safer side. For 20 kms before the Mulli checkpost and for another 18 kms from Mulli to Velliangadu, the route was absolutely deserted with only elephant dungs for company. Never before or since, I was so happy to see humans as I did on reaching Velliangadu. I take a lot of photos during my rides but on that day, there wasn't a single snap taken post Geddai Dam. I was just too terrified to stop the bike anywhere after that.....

Last edited by venkatt1800 : 17th May 2018 at 13:09.
venkatt1800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 14:18   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Contrary to all popular advice here, i did this route solo from bangalore last weekend, and rode down after geddai towards pudur and stayed the night there. I left at 5.am or so from bangalore and this included a 2 hour forced stop at lawrence school because of rain and an unruly traffic jam. I was in pudur by 5 pm.

I was low on fuel, hence had to ride via ooty to fill up the bike, as after ooty there were no bunks right up to manjoor where there is a BP bunk. After that, nothing until you get down to kerala. Some roads were patchy.

Wet roads, and glorious weather were my only company.
Old 11th December 2018, 11:57   #80
BHPian

Hi, any idea about the latest road conditions on Majoor-Mulli-Elachivazhy-Kottathara-Agali-Thavalam-Mukkali-Mannarkkad route? @Rajeevraj mentioned this almost 3 years ago. Just wanted to know if this route is better now. Thanks!
Old 30th December 2018, 20:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Hi, any idea about the latest road conditions on Majoor-Mulli-Elachivazhy-Kottathara-Agali-Thavalam-Mukkali-Mannarkkad route? @Rajeevraj mentioned this almost 3 years ago. Just wanted to know if this route is better now. Thanks!

Did this route yesterday. Road is in good condition except for couple of KMs near Mulli (TN part). It is cake walk for SUVs. Sedans may have to be careful at couple of spots.

Most of the Kerala stretch is repaired. Overall it was a very pleasant drive all through.

This route has two police check posts and one forest check post. Formalities are fairly simple. Just give the documents and they will make the entry in their records. Forest guys asked for tip. If you are with family, they don't trouble you at all.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 16:33   #82
BHPian

Hi, Reigniting an old thread.

I am planning a drive to Ooty from Coimbatore in Sep 2019 in an Ecosport through Velliangadu, Mulli, Manjoor(Manjur), Balacole and Lovedale. From Manjoor, I don't plan on taking the Avalanche /Emerald road but take the Balacole road as mentioned.

Heard that there was road widening happening on this stretch in March. In view of the heavy rains in Wayanad and Coimbatore, does anyone know the condition of the road?

I plan to drive in the afternoon.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:37   #83

Hi, I did a solo trip last weekend (thanks to the thanksgiving weekend) Blr-Mysore-Bandipur-Gudalur-Ooty-Manjoor-Mulli-Veliangadu-Karamadai-Sathy-Mettur-Blr.

Just wanted to give an update on the ooty-manjoor-mulli-velaingadu strech

ooty-manjoor - smooth but had an road block due to road repair work due to landslide, had to take an diversion via kunnakombai.

manjoor-Mulli - Road extension work is in progress for the first 5 to 6 kms. Rest of the roads are not attempted yet, but not in a good shape, thanks to the rains, lots of stones are mud washed into the road, needs absolute attention. Also the roads have detoriated and fast getting worse.
Mulli-Veliangadu - The road work is in progress, gravels laid and had to drive on this patch for almost 15 kms, rest of the stretch is good with freshly laid tarmac.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd December 2019 at 16:33. Reason: typo fixed
sanloyn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 21:35   #84
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians, anyone drove through karamadai to Avalanche recently? How is the road condition? Are vehicles allowed on this route? I am planning to drive through this route for the upcoming weekend. I will highly appreciate some information about the current status of the route.
Old 20th March 2023, 17:59   #85
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijeesh View Post
It was on a easter lunch visit to my friend’s place,we bounced the idea of visiting Ooty.
Next week I got an invitation from my cousin for their house warming ceremony at Kottathara,Attappadi(cousin works as a teacher at Arogyamatha Highschool).
When I heard of the name Attappadi, Mulli, Annaikatta it immediately reminded me of the famous movie "ayyappanum Koshiyum". I believe Attappadi is the area where Biju Menon works as SI in this movie.
Old 12th April 2023, 10:52   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
When I heard of the name Attappadi, Mulli, Annaikatta it immediately reminded me of the famous movie "ayyappanum Koshiyum". I believe Attappadi is the area where Biju Menon works as SI in this movie.
Yes, also the route referring in the movie to reach Ooty is the same one from Attappadi-Mulli-Manjur-Ooty.
Amazing place with beautiful views all along the route.
But heard that the entry from Kerala(Attappadi) to Mulli/Manjur is blocked now.
Anyone travelled in this route recently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks