Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 16:11   #106
BHPian

Re: Discovering India : 8407 Kms | 15 Days | 15 States | 2 Wheels | 1 Bike | 1 Soul

Hey preetham, hats off to you man! Dint knew the 200 were this gud for long distance.. I have a classic 180 and made many trips but not in your range of things. Between i have voted you in the True wanderer website.. Once again, respect dude.

One more thing i just love the way you take care of your bubble bee..
kphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 03:33   #107
BHPian

Re: Discovering India : 8407 Kms | 15 Days | 15 States | 2 Wheels | 1 Bike | 1 Soul

What has happened here? No activity on this thread from past 36 hours. All well Preetham Da? We are eagerly waiting for DAY 4 adventure.
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 04:58   #108
BHPian

Preetam - it gives me goose bumps to relate to your travelogue. I have done long impromptu rides like Delhi - Bangalore on my TBTS and found the same reasons every time like you did for ditching train, air or bus.

Just to echo another feeling - I also talk to my bikes. Good to find another biker who knows how to communicate with machines!
bhardwhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 11:41   #109
RYP
BHPian

Excellent excellent travelogue. I was in a confused state on selecting a bike but now i'm 100% tilted towards buying 200NS. Reliability of the engine was the only thing holding me back from 200NS but now i'm having a solid evidence that the engine is super-reliable . Going to book a white-black version.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2014 at 15:28. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys / post
RYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 10:04   #110

As far as I know this is one of the most expansive, intriguing and interesting travelogues I have ever come across, on Team-BHP or anywhere else. If you ever become tired of photography, you could seriously consider taking up writing as a profession. Cheers to you and Bumblebee (More than meets the eye, huh ?) and may you scorch trails all over India.

P.S. - My vote on True Wanderers goes to you !!
Achekay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 15:04   #111
BHPian

Hey Preetam, where is the rest of the story bro? India wants to know
nemesis86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 09:34   #112

Amazing write up Preetam. I could feel every moment as if am riding along.
Eagerly waiting to read the rest of your story.

Quoting a friend - "Riders don't need destination, we just need the road"
arunmravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 17:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Amazing. I just re-read all the pages and it was fantastic to see/read your experiences. Enjoying every moment of the travelogue. Keep on posting!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 18:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

@Preetham: Where you man? Its been long time you have continued the story of your journey. I am feeling as if I have been stuck somewhere in the middle of the ride.

We are waiting for your travelogue. Hope you will write the remaining part very soon.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 18:49   #115
BHPian

Its been a long time since an update . Waiting patiently .

Last edited by Amogh Barakol : 12th March 2014 at 18:53.
Amogh Barakol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 13:07   #116
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

At the onset of this post, I would like to sincerely apologize for not being able to update the log.

And, No. This is not an update, nor a bump.
Just a very sincere apology.

For those of you who have been patiently waiting, I have been really caught up with a lot of deadlines to match and angry clients knocking at my front door, which I have been attending to, else my back door will be on fire.

On top of that, I have already been to Mangalore, and Valparai/Athirapally on 2 different rides since the last update, and have really not found any time to update this thread.

I promise that the next update and all further updates will flow in from coming Thursday, as I am really caught up over the weekend as well.

Thank You everybody for understanding and patiently bearing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
so i've just begun reading your t-log sir.
I usually don't end up reading most things till the end or thoroughly for that matter due to time constraints and a busy schedule.
But, this one has me engrossed...im halfway done but i was restless to just express my joy in simply reading this.
Thank You so much for sharing.
Thank You Sir!
I am just 26, you might as well call me "bro" and I will resort to the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Preetam da, simply amazing.. respect . Feels wonderful to see you after such a long time. Going through your T-log, the bug has bit me... Now am waiting for the IRCTC to show W/L and airfares to soar up.
Wish you many many more happy and safe miles on the road.
Adhiraj, that is always up Bhai, however Indigo and Spicejet have slashed their fares for Holi. You might NOT want to take a look!
Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Lovely travelogue - thanks for sharing. Voted 5 stars.
Looking forward to the Northern leg.
I too plan to drive down to Kolkata from Bangalore in the near future. The journey wouldn't be half as taxing in a 4-wheeler - hats of to your resilience.
A tip regarding your # 2 (lol) issues: if toilet paper is too bulky for a biker, you might want to carry a small packet of baby wipes next time. Very handy for all sorts of uses.
Good one, I have my doubts though how baby wipes will hold up against a 110 Kg Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I totally agree to you Preetam but some mistakes are such that we can't correct them. Road accidents is one of them. Once it happens, you can't do anything, damages are permanent. Please don't take me in negative way. You are very precious for your parents, your friends etc for sure.

So i will repeat again, Life is very very beautiful, Respect it, Appreciate it, Enjoy it. Best of luck my friend
Aye Aye Cap'n!
Will keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyoni10 View Post
Preetam,
Unbelievable man! Great. You were pushing yourself and your ride to the limits. Nice road trip and equally good write-up and pictures to making it a very captivating read. Account of just the first 2 days is scaring the crap out of me, wonder what more you have in store for us.
I cant imagine driving 1100 kms in a day let alone riding so far! Ride safe and if possible try to avoid such long rides covering 1000 kms in a day.
Wish you all the very best and hope that you "mellow" down a bit on the long rides.
Thanks
Madhav
Thank You Madhav!
Madness in my mind is a virtue and not a curse!
To cure oneself, either go to an asylum or travel. I choose the latter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Simply brilliant writeup Preetam.(It's the first time after Sam's demise that am enjoying a travelogue this much.)
Congratulations on this tremendous road trip, can't wait for more.
Rated a truly deserved 5*
Thank You Raihan!
Sam was and will always be the greatest in my book.
I am elated to have been mentioned with him in the same sentence.
Sam Kapasi, wherever you are, your presence is sorely missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What a wonderful travelogue, absolutely loved it. Very well written as well.
BTW Preetam, I think you are not wearing the knee guards correctly. I also have the same and it is to be worn under the pants and not outside. If worn outside, it could easily come off during a fall.
Thank Mate!
Worn inside it itches and it didnt take me long to understand that.
Also, I have gone almost knee down with that, not grazed though, and it held up well.
Will but the Knox Maxarmor soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkum13 View Post
Great! BTW, why do I get the impression that the tread on your tyres is worn? Sincerely hope I'm wrong.
The rear started to get worn out due to concrete highways.
In this picture it was fine, have changed them now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnimidhun View Post
Preetam,

I just read all the 7 pages in your post in one shot and it feels just awesome to read about - cant imagine how good it would be if I do it myself - No words - you just INSPIRE.

The details of your gear can be made into a reference I guess - detailed and included all that is required (at least as per me). The new paper funda to keep warm was a new thing to me but it is simple and brilliant.

My hometown being Vizag, I can relate to the accident. The traffic & the way of driving at NH-5 highway and internal roads can to the least be said to be pathetic

Did refer to any maps (online / offline) while driving ?

Thanks,
Midhun
Thanks for your time mate!
I did not refer to any maps throughout the trip.
Just asked people here and there once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
Hey Preetam, dude, your post is amazing. And that opening photo, just speechless - the colors and the combinations, well, what to say!!!

And your detailed post was well written. Hope you enjoy many more hours on the road, enjoying the beauty that is India.

And hope you are blessed with a Scoo-lsar by Nov'14
Thanks Mate!
by Scoo-lsar, are you referring to the CS400?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
People never arrive on time , anywhere in India . A punctual person is one in a million in our country , and because of the chronographically challenged many of us turn into the same kind of people! The kind of love you show to your bike is what I used to have with my first vehicle ever : A Honda Dio . Lately the fire has been burning not so bright as it used to . However , I do have plans for a refreshing new look for Eleanor ( Yes , its from Gone in 60 seconds !) So never stop treating Bee like the way you do now ! Ride on Brother .
Thank You.
I treat Bee to the best of my abilities. However, the small scratches and marks that he has accumulated over the trip, I have kept as is. Battlescars, brag rights, whatever! Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Amazing Write up. Totally hooked to it, read it in one go!
Cant wait for the rest.
Thank You!
Keep some time aside from the next weekend then Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Preetam, hats off to you for doing this long journey! Rated 5 Star
Waiting for the report of rest 12 days now.
Your bike's registration number plate shows KA-51-EE-531 but as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong) that now a days 4 digits of registration number are printed on the RC e.g. 0531 by the transport authorities and we need to put all the numbers on the license plate or it is written like KA-51-EE-531 only on your bike's RC.
-
SS
Yes Sir, you are correct.
I am getting it changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
All superlatives are already used by other, so I will just say: you inspire me!
I had zillion reasons to keep putting off a much shorter car drive, what you did is truly inspiring.
The introduction made it sound easy but further read (particularly day 2) made it clear it wasn't such a "smooth ride" after all! Admire your grit.
As an elder I don't want to heap too many praises (which is not good for you), I would rather bless you: Jayee bhava!

I would like to echo two things pointed out by other readers:
-Worth letting Bajaj know this. One could always use the sponsorship, though it might take the fun out of being your master and a lonely rider.
-Quit smoking. Now.
I know you acknowledged both.
Agreed. In good spirit. And will try following.
Sponsorships though are very difficult to come by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkum13 View Post
Hi Preetam, pl try to get your feat recognized by Limca Book of Records
http://www.limcabookofrecords.in/set_a_record.aspx
http://www.limcabookofrecords.in/rules.aspx
Thank You!
Will check ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
What an amazing travelogue! Might probably be one of the best in here
Awaiting your further account of the trip. Rating the thread 5*s.
Thank You! Its just an account of my ride, best or not is for you to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashish.shah View Post
Have sent a request to join NW Chennai / India, hopefully will become a part of the group and will get to meet you soon
It's still WIP on Ladakh trip. Will keep you posted bro.
Wish to see you. Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Just one word. Respect!

The longest I have driven in a day is Pune to Nagpur, about 730kms, that too in a car and was thinking it is an achievement.

Keep riding and be safe.

-BJ
It is an achievement. Really is.
Longest I had done before this in a day was as far as yours and I was way too happy with myself! I still am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Baap re !!! You are one crazy boy !!

Day 2 - Did you check your surroundings, before landing on the ground for the relief ? You sure, there weren't any bugs around ??
Since I have no boils, scars, scratches, bruises to report from the grasslands, I guess there weren't!

Quote:
Day 3 - I am still wondering, what were the choisest automobile expletives, the Bee must have used for you, for straining him so much !!
Ride Safe buddy. Hope the next day brought some more crazy fun ! I am hooked onto this thread. Keep revving....
Let us discuss the expletives on PM! :P
The next day, it was epic. EPIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
Respect To You, Preetam_KORG

The travelogue is just amazing! I just cant imagine the amount of will power and perseverance that you have to have achieved this feat. Frankly speaking, if it was me i would have chickened out.

Nice write-up brother. Well done!! I will closely watch this thread.

PS: I have voted for you on True Wanderers

Thank You!
Keep reading brother!
And thank you for the vote although I am no where close! *sob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Hey preetham, hats off to you man! Dint knew the 200 were this gud for long distance.. I have a classic 180 and made many trips but not in your range of things. Between i have voted you in the True wanderer website.. Once again, respect dude.
One more thing i just love the way you take care of your bubble bee..
Thank You Sir!
For the kind words and the vote as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
What has happened here? No activity on this thread from past 36 hours. All well Preetham Da? We are eagerly waiting for DAY 4 adventure.

All well, too well I s'pose!
Just a hiatus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
Preetam - it gives me goose bumps to relate to your travelogue. I have done long impromptu rides like Delhi - Bangalore on my TBTS and found the same reasons every time like you did for ditching train, air or bus.
Just to echo another feeling - I also talk to my bikes. Good to find another biker who knows how to communicate with machines!
Talking to Bee is like cutting out boredom and a bonding with him, so strong that he will never let me down. Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
Excellent excellent travelogue. I was in a confused state on selecting a bike but now i'm 100% tilted towards buying 200NS. Reliability of the engine was the only thing holding me back from 200NS but now i'm having a solid evidence that the engine is super-reliable . Going to book a white-black version.
Buy one, I assure you that you wont regret it.
You wont get anything this side of a lakh rupees that comes anywhere close.
I promise, and I can showcase, that I can almost keep up with things costing 4 times as much!
A point that was well represented during the latest trip to Valparai with Aviorp (teambhp-ian owns a Ninja 300) and a few other buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achekay View Post
As far as I know this is one of the most expansive, intriguing and interesting travelogues I have ever come across, on Team-BHP or anywhere else. If you ever become tired of photography, you could seriously consider taking up writing as a profession. Cheers to you and Bumblebee (More than meets the eye, huh ?) and may you scorch trails all over India.
P.S. - My vote on True Wanderers goes to you !!
Thank You. Honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis86 View Post
Hey Preetam, where is the rest of the story bro? India wants to know
Strange, cos India never called! Nor texted!
Jokes apart, coming soon brother. Been really caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmravindran View Post
Amazing write up Preetam. I could feel every moment as if am riding along.
Eagerly waiting to read the rest of your story.
Quoting a friend - "Riders don't need destination, we just need the road"
Ride along brother, happy to have you as pillion, although you need to accommodate yourself on that huge tailbag!
Also, I need to meet your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Amazing. I just re-read all the pages and it was fantastic to see/read your experiences. Enjoying every moment of the travelogue. Keep on posting!
In a weeks time, posts will be back to normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
@Preetham: Where you man? Its been long time you have continued the story of your journey. I am feeling as if I have been stuck somewhere in the middle of the ride.
We are waiting for your travelogue. Hope you will write the remaining part very soon.
I promise to. Soon.
Very very sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Its been a long time since an update . Waiting patiently .
Amogh Sir, just a wee bit more.
A week till I can resume posting here!
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 13:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I promise to. Soon.
Very very sorry for the delay.
No need to be sorry buddy I can understand the amount of pressure you have in software industries which I am going through as well at this point in time.

Anyway will wait for your remaining part of the t-log
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 10:46   #118

Hey bro! back doors always catch fire...lol

Deadlines first, and lovely lines next, will wait for those lines from you on the EPIC episode next.

Until then watch your back!

Cheers
The BULK
The BULK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 10:37   #119
BHPian

Good one Preetam! Nice quote "Madness in my mind is a virtue and not a curse!
To cure oneself, either go to an asylum or travel." I guess I need to start traveling lest I end up in an asylum! Ride safe. No updates from you for a while made me a little concerned since your first 3 days have had a fair share of close shaves.

Take care
Madhav
maddyoni10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 13:29   #120
BHPian

Superb Travelogue Preetham. Loved the narration and the pictures to go with it . I wonder how you keep log of the events that transpire everyday. Nevertheless, to cover 8407 Kms on a bike is not a small feat, while I myself am paranoid to take my bike on highways and I congratulate you and tip my hat to you. Waiting eagerly and patiently for the remaining episodes of this epic journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post

On top of that, I have already been to Mangalore, and Valparai/Athirapally on 2 different rides since the last update, and have really not found any time to update this thread.
Ps: Great to know that you came down to Mangalore, maybe next time you come down we can have mini meet, always a pleasure to meet a fellow BHPian and an avid traveller.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks