Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 20:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Discovering India : 8407 Kms | 15 Days | 15 States | 2 Wheels | 1 Bike | 1 Soul

Respect!

Takes Courage And Balls To Do This Man!

Take A Bow!

Wow! Got Goose Bumps Thinking Of This!

Stay Safe Ride Safe!

God Bless!
shashi63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:23   #32
BHPian

Re: Discovering India : 8407 Kms | 15 Days | 15 States | 2 Wheels | 1 Bike | 1 Soul

Gonna stick to this thread like a (bumble)bee on honey ! You , sir , are living the dream ! Ride on and Ride safe .
Amogh Barakol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:32   #33

Preetam,

Simply the best-est biker travelogue I have read. You have a great flair for the pen and the saddle buddy.

Looking forward to reading more of your Riding Rhapsody. God Bless you with a million miles of happy and safe riding.

...and I do hope you win the Z800 on Wanderers. Cant thing of a more deserving winner than you

Cheers

Sandeep
ssahadevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:48   #34
BHPian

Respects brother! Very few dare to chase their dreams and follow their heart! I really feel happy that you did just that!

Waiting eagerly for the updates.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:04   #35
BHPian

Awesome T-log - keep it coming! You should probably get a major service done on your bumblebee - 8000+ kms is a tall order for any bike. Look forward to reading your post - 5 star thread, this one.
spiritofmars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:09   #36
BHPian

Eyes. Glued. Here.

And I'm not even a biker.
etchemkay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

My respect, for various reasons.

If this travelogue stalls, get on the saddle (your natural home!) with a notebook and keep typing away.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:35   #38
JLS
BHPian

Respect. Respect. Respect
For courage, endurance and sheer will to ride.

On the other hand, this is one of the best referral/recommendation of the Bajaj product. I doubt whether any Bajaj product has been put thru this long journey in such a short time and it came out successfully.
Bajaj may want to take a notice and highlight this as a shining case for reliability of their one of the frontline machines.

Best regards,

JLS
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:50   #39
BHPian

Kudos to you Preetam for having the conviction to go through and complete this experience.

My personal belief is a person has to be crazy enough to do something out of the ordinary and you have personified this crazyness(no offence only sheer respect) in ample measure with this experience.

Keep the photologue and the writeup coming.
AlphaLamb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:02   #40

Just posting to Salute you brother This is some feat you have achieved. Awesome T-log. Rated well deserved 5 stars.
And yes definitely keep it coming Man.

Respect#

Ride Safe always Buddy.
Atul
akabhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 23:04   #41
BHPian

Preetham Bhai..You should be the most respected person in T-Bhp. I too own a 200NS and this inspires me to take a ride which sure is not going to beat your record.

Hats off Brother.
urzdeepu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 00:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow man. You are a true rider. Respect!

Keep the posts coming. I am in love with your style of writing each and every minute detail along with appropriate pics.

Glued to the thread.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 01:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Wow Preetam!! Respect buddy!! Amazing journey and a good start of the T-Log! Subscribed to the thread and waiting for the rest eagerly!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 02:32   #44
BHPian

Thank You everyone for your lovely replies, never felt so good!
If there is anything that you want to know specifically, please PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Superb narration, excellent write-up,photos.....Congratulations.....Hats off to your epic journey.......Good luck to you.........
Thank You Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Woah, finally the log is out.
What a ride bro, take a bow! Takes a lot of courage and determination to do something like this.
Kudos to you and your beloved bee. Eagerly waiting for the rest of the log. Love the way you write.
So, from all the way to Naidupeta to Vijaywada, the roads are not that great? What would be the alternate option?
Thanks a ton mate!
Routes, we will discuss when we meet? Soon, I presume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Wow. This is stupendous. Respect Dude!
Thats a hell lot of mile munching for a single day, that too on a bike and that too on a NS 200. I never thought these urban bikes would ever have the touring ability.
Subscribed and waiting to catch the rest of the action from you.
Cheers,
Raj
Thanks a lot Raj!
Most of the blockades are not in the engine head but our head about what is and isnt possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Simply mind blowing!
I even think twice before travelling 500kms in a day in a SUV. You travelled more than 1000kms in a single day! Thats really amazing a kind of feat. I think that would means driving 18 hrs in a day.
Really inspiring buddy! Way to go.
Indian Highways have become amazing now, well that is if you look at the bigger picture!
I averaged around 16 hours per day. An early start by 5 and hit the bed by 10 was my usual routine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
To sum it up in a word, insane! (BTW people have called me insane too, when I rode to BLR solo a couple of years back when I was 18) This thread is a motivation, because I plan to do something similar (Mum-Leh-Mum), hopefully this year itself.
Not having any punctures is great, but in case there would be one, do you know how to fix it? I don't have any clue on how it is fixed, and I shuddered at the thought when I was riding.
Thanks a lot mate!
Good to hear a fellow tourer being called crazy! Feels great!
As for the fixing and repairs, I took a crash course. From my mechanic who fixes my bike.
3 days, for all the working hours I was there! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Man! This is insane!!
Kudos to your passion bro! Good point-to-point narration along with some awesome pictures! Thanks for penning down this travelogue buddy, so that all can have a glimpse of our beautiful country. One question just out of curiosity: Did you ever have a feeling of boredom, especially riding on straight long highway stretches?
Thanks Nishant!
And to answer your question, No! There is so much to see, hear and feel. Where was the time to get bored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Brilliant inspirational T-log Preetam!! Hooked on and eagerly waiting for more.
1110 kms on 2 wheels in a day, Massive respect man!!
Thank You Maverick! That is just a number, we are all greater than the sum of parts, arent we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
One word for your bro - RESPECT.
Take a bow for this big adventure, and most importantly, ALONE !!
I am sure your ride and you must have shared wonderful moments all along the trip !! Eagerly waiting for the logs of the remaining days, especially since you mentioned that Day 3 onwards it gets exciting !!
Thanks a lot mate! I love riding solo, that way I ride better.
And yes, Day 3 on is a joyride.
I am getting goosebumps as I write this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Great log. Amazing tour. A bike trip panning across the Northern and Eastern parts of India is my coveted dream...though I have a very humble Honda but I would love to do it once in my lifetime.
And you boss, you are the man! 8K plus kms on a bike in a single tour is just not a child's play. Requires concentration & determination, and both levels should be surpassing each other frequently.
Waiting for the entire log to unfold. Keep safe!
Regards,
Saket
Thank you for the kind words Saket!
I sincerely believe now that the machine is only as good as we can make of it.
If you delve slightly deeper, you'd find that some great men have taken puny 80cc kinetics to khardung-la, and that was not to just prove a point. It was done with just a lot of passion and zeal! RESPECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Wow Preetam, this is the mother of all bike blogs. Had a good time going through the blog, excellent writeup I must say. Subscribed and glued, waiting for more.
Thanks Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Nice writeup Bro. I always had dreamed of such a big travel (which never happened).
Waiting to read more.
Thanks! I promise to write more, a hell LOT more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver76 View Post
Preetam, I truly admire your courage and spirit to take a solo voyage pan India, on a bike.It is for members like you, and your incredible feats, that, Team BHP website has become what it is today. Kudos to your writing style as well. Waiting in eager anticipation for the rest of the voyage.
Thank You!
Most of my writing style is from my father, who still firmly believes that the only reason that you get a pen and a paper at a conference in office is so that one can pen down limericks in between boring office presentations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventhgear View Post
Well Preetam,that was one hell of a ride for starters. Hope you do much more rides in the future.
Its not everyone's cup of tea to do solos on bikes on Indian roads.But with the infrastructure improving,more and more bikers are hitting the roads. Ofcourse travelling in a group has its benefits but doing a solo makes one feel "One" with the universe.One can pace his ride and enjoy his trip whichever way he wants. It also helps that one has a trusty machine which enjoys gobbling up the miles without any breakdowns.
A well written and well planned trip by Preetam i must say.The snaps just added to the narration and hoping to read the whole trip .
Many more hard riding trips bro'
Thanks a lot mate for the kind words!
I agree to all you have said.
If you are going to be gone long, its better you get lost alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Great start to the travelogue. Your prologue is excellent. Ever considered being a writer for one of the travel magazines?? I am sure they will be queuing to sign you up once they read this one!
Please can you change your rule of 1 day - 1 write up?? I am sure there are other fellow bhpians who are avidly waiting for you to pen down your dream adventure asap
Thank You! I am very seriously considering approaching a couple of editorial houses who may take me in, it'd be great if you can help me get a few leads!
As for the 1 day to 1 day write-up, I cannot process more than that myself per day mate, my brain ceases to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
@Preetham_Korg please don't forget to put this up as a blog entry for true wanderers 3.0. I am sure you ll be walking away with some goodies for this fantastic write up.
PS- grand prize is a Z800 ;-)
Vote statistics look bleak.
Even though I have a very credible riding log, I do not have enough networking to get through to the top 10!
A few votes will definitely help!
http://www.truewanderers.in/travelogues/entry/53.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Awesome start to the trip! Great writing skills! Now that you've hooked us, please roll out the line....
Thank You!
Coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wow!
Fantastic.
My jaw required the help of my hands to return back to its 'un-dropped' state.
Hatsoff to you.
For the courage in taking on such a arduous task, and for the execution of the task at hand.
Needless to say, I envy you.
Reasons are understood right?
It's been my dream to drive from Kochi to Leh. I am still contemplating the decision being the distance involved.
And here, you have done 8400 + kms on a bike.
You took the winds out of my lungs buddy
Cheers.
Fantastic write up.
Looking forward to your wonderful pics
Thank You for the kind words!
However it was not arduous at all, except the fact that when I returned, I couldnt walk properly for a couple of days due to a bad back!
As for Leh, I am going there this summer, you are welcome to join, I will have a support vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkudnaver View Post
Hi! Preetam...It is my dream...you have started it...i will do it...atlst i got someone who can tell me everythng about it...thankx a lot ...ride safe .. Pritam
Far from what my BIGGEST DREAM is brother!
I will try to help you as much as possible, hit me up on a PM if I can help you with something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hey Preetham, I would say I have become a fan of you man. Seriously you have made a tremendous journey, that too on 2 wheels and especially on a Bajaj(No Offense).
And hats off to your writing skills, I was totally involved and I felt I was on my bike and doing this journey. Trust me, will not leave a single word from your travelogue and I can say I will be a regular follower of your posts.
Since you said you stay in Bangalore, would like to catch up and congratulate in person man
You deserve a bow from all the riders.
Thanks Mate!
Where are you put up in Bangalore?
Lets meet and ride!

The Bajaj part is more of a reassurance than a threat. No offence taken mate!
There are loyalists and purists who believe otherwise, but I definitely believe that my journey was possible only because it was a Bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthrottle View Post
I have just one word to describe this - amazing. It requires guts to even think of something like this but you had done it on two wheels and on top of it alone. Hats off to you bro. Eagerly waiting to read more.
Thanks a lot mate! More to come. LOTS more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeplessdriver View Post
Hell ya !!!
One hell of a trip it must have been.
Accolades to your dedication, devotion and passion not only for riding but proving the fact that " the journey is always important and satisfactory than the destination"
I am sure you are an inspiration for many of us on board.
I am happy that I can even begin to qualify as an inspiration!
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Dear Preetam,
Nice to see your travelogue. Absolutely stunning.
I am waiting for your wonderful pictures and the beautiful narration.
Kudos to the spirit.
Regards
Lalu
Lalu Sir,
I remember nagerhole!
We haven't met since! High time, I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Respect!
Takes Courage And Balls To Do This Man!
Take A Bow!
Wow! Got Goose Bumps Thinking Of This!
Stay Safe Ride Safe!
God Bless!
Thank You Shashi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Gonna stick to this thread like a (bumble)bee on honey ! You , sir , are living the dream ! Ride on and Ride safe .
Amogh Sir!
Please dont sting!
Right now I am just reliving a dream, and dreaming slightly bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahadevan View Post
Preetam,
Simply the best-est biker travelogue I have read. You have a great flair for the pen and the saddle buddy.
Looking forward to reading more of your Riding Rhapsody. God Bless you with a million miles of happy and safe riding.
...and I do hope you win the Z800 on Wanderers. Cant thing of a more deserving winner than you
Cheers
Sandeep
Thank You Sandeep for the kind words! I dont know if I am worthy enough to do that justice!
As for the Z800, the vote stats report otherwise!
http://www.truewanderers.in/travelogues/entry/53.html
A few votes will definitely help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Respects brother! Very few dare to chase their dreams and follow their heart! I really feel happy that you did just that!
Waiting eagerly for the updates.
Thank You and Respect to you Sir!
For all I care, I just wish to gear up and ride some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofmars View Post
Awesome T-log - keep it coming! You should probably get a major service done on your bumblebee - 8000+ kms is a tall order for any bike. Look forward to reading your post - 5 star thread, this one.
Thanks Mate!
2 Services done post that.
And a trip to Mangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Eyes. Glued. Here.
And I'm not even a biker.
Sir. Start. Riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
My respect, for various reasons.
If this travelogue stalls, get on the saddle (your natural home!) with a notebook and keep typing away.
Regards
Sutripta
You would not believe how comfy I was on the saddle!
In fact after I got back home, and was having severe back pain, and it would just vanish if I got on the bike!
I am not even joking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Respect. Respect. Respect.
For courage, endurance and sheer will to ride.
On the other hand, this is one of the best referral/recommendation of the Bajaj product. I doubt whether any Bajaj product has been put thru this long journey in such a short time and it came out successfully.
Bajaj may want to take a notice and highlight this as a shining case for reliability of their one of the frontline machines.
Best regards,
JLS
Thank You Sir!
I love my bike to bits, and I sincerely believe that this bike will take me a lot more places!
I will not let it down cos it hasn't let me down like we promised each other before the start of the journey!
Already in talks with Bajaj for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLamb View Post
Kudos to you Preetam for having the conviction to go through and complete this experience.
My personal belief is a person has to be crazy enough to do something out of the ordinary and you have personified this crazyness (no offence only sheer respect) in ample measure with this experience.
Keep the photolog and the writeup coming.
Thank You!
I will keep it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabhp View Post
Just posting to Salute you brother This is some feat you have achieved. Awesome T-log. Rated well deserved 5 stars.
And yes definitely keep it coming Man.
Respect#
Ride Safe always Buddy.
Atul
Thanks for the rating and for reading!
ATGATT for life buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
Preetham Bhai..You should be the most respected person in T-Bhp.
I too own a 200NS and this inspires me to take a ride which sure is not going to beat your record.
Hats off Brother.
LOL! I am nowhere cole!
Records are just numbers, memories are true wealth!
Brother, choose your glory! Wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Wow man. You are a true rider. Respect!
Keep the posts coming. I am in love with your style of writing each and every minute detail along with appropriate pics.
Glued to the thread.
Thank You!
Thats why the 1 report per day update!
Not to miss out a single detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow Preetam!! Respect buddy!! Amazing journey and a good start of the T-Log! Subscribed to the thread and waiting for the rest eagerly!!
Thank You Sir!

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 26th February 2014 at 02:48. Reason: Missed a few replies!
preetam_KORG is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 09:01   #45
BHPian

Spellbound dada....!!! Loved the detail you have provided in the thread and I am sure this is gonna be my standard template for my solo rides. Now eagerly waiting for the rest like the hungry soul.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks