Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 12:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems

Day 06 : 05/05/2016 : Thursday
Mandi - Parashar Lake - Kullu - Bhekli Temple - Naggar - Manali

The route map on google and GPS trail of the day for your reference

Route Map on Google
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-day06.jpg

GPS trail
Day06.kml
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 10:53   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems

Day 07 : 06/05/2016 : Friday
Manali - Solang - Rohtang - Vasisht - Hadimba Temple - Manu Temple - JagatSukh - Manali

Today was the day for the infamous Rohtang trip. I did not want to, but the girls insisted. I really did not want to see the mayhem of cars and jam. I brokered a deal, I will take them to Solang valley instead. I would take them till the first check post towards Rohtang and show the mess and we spend some time in Solang valley, and then coming back early for a great lunch at a peaceful location where there are no crowd. I got and agreement and we were ready to roll.

By 05:30 we were already exiting the resort, much to the staffs amusement!!

I was already ready with the car and waiting in front of the resort
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_070750panoedit.jpg

While waiting clicked a few snow peaks visible from the resort

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_055711panoedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9019editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9041edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9042edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_070914panoedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9043editedit.jpg

Finally we leave the resort for our drive to the infamous Rohtang, in my mind I was pretty sure not to do this
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9069editedit.jpg

Starting Odo for the day, some 10 degrees in a summer morning, expecting a 100Km round trip for the day
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_071839edit.jpg

Views enroute
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_071854edit.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 11:16   #183
Senior - BHPian

Manali - Solang - Rohtang - Vasisht - Hadimba Temple - Manu Temple - JagatSukh - Manali

In a short while we reach the checkpost where we have to show pollution under control certificate to go further ahead.

So much has been said about Rohtang!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_070851edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9087edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9089edit.jpg

We showed the documents and paid the congestion charges and move ahead
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9093edit.jpg

And I drove straight to Solang!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9095edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9096edit2.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9105editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9107edit.jpg

I wanted to check out the all weather road built via a tunnel to Leh
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9101edit.jpg

But it was out of bounds for the public, from this point the tunnel is some 12Kms away.

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9103edit.jpg

I wanted to go in that route and was wondering who would help us. Suddenly a tout came around.

Tout : Do you want to see and play in snow?
Me: No man, we have had our fun in snow. thanks.
Tout : I know a place in Solang valley road, which has got snow?
Me: Solang valley road? That is out of bounds! Board says so!!
Tout : That's ok. My car is on the other side, you walk along with me and cross the barricade pretending to take pictures. I will pick you form the other side!
Me: How far in that road?
Tout : Around 10 Kms inside.
Me: Ok!

I am happy to get a possibility to check out that road, Snow is not the attraction!!

Me : We'll go. We'll walk across! What do you take for this?
Tout : 2000.
Me : Ok, I am not coming, that's too expensive. I will give you max 500. Take it or leave it.
Tout : Sirji, give a 1000 and lets do it.
Me : Deal

With that we walk towards Solang valley road!

continued...
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 11:42   #184
Senior - BHPian

We slowly walked past the notice board

Views of snow clad peaks cheered us
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9107edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9108editedit.jpg

A little later we found Solang Rope way
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9111editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9115edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9116editedit.jpg

Then we reached the check post toward the tunnel
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9119editedit.jpg

I spoke to them about crossing over, they readily agreed.
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9120edit.jpg

There we are on the other side
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9121edit.jpg

We walked a km or so in that road, and as the guy promised, he was there with his Alto
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9122edit.jpg

And the journey to Solang tunnel roadways starts as long as the road takes us!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9123editedit.jpg

continued....
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:12   #185
Senior - BHPian

The road towards Rohtang Tunnel.
Good views of snow capped mountains en route.
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9126edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9128editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9134edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9136edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9137edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9138edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9142edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9143edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9147editedit.jpg

What we saw made me laugh like crazy. Many unassuming tourists dressed up like crazy for their fun in snow!! This seems to be a very well organized snow watching racket!!

Tourists getting ready for their fun in snow
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9146edit.jpg

And for us the obligatory visit to the snow so as not to disappoint our tout. He does not seem to understand my curiosity with that route anyways!!

continued...
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 14:22   #186
BHPian

Trust Laluji to try out the unexplored !
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 10:59   #187
Senior - BHPian

We trekked that small distance of a few 100 meters not to disappoint our tout
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9151editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9156editedit.jpg

We could see the course of a stream, with some snow still melting

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9162edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9164edit.jpg

Most people were having whale of a time on snow

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_085245panoedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9176editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091019edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091500edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091627edit.jpg

Views around

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091505panoedit.jpg

After about 5 minutes there I asked the tout to show us ahead in the road till the tunnel. He was like. I then politely told him I agreed for this snow sighting only with that in mind!!

He said some construction is going on by way of making an under/overpass and hence that will be the last point he can take us. And with that we exited the snow spot much to his unhappiness!

continued...
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

We started back
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091655edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_091748edit.jpg

Snow peaks looked great

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_092140panoedit.jpg

Our tout wanted to click us
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9324edit.jpg

Then we trekked till the construction site

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_092648_01panoeditedit.jpg

We could not go further, some 3+ kms from here is the beginning of the tunnel
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_092852edit.jpg

Our tout and his Alto, he still has my D90

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_092917_01edit.jpg

And we started back to the check post
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9351edit.jpg

The roads are pretty wide

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9354edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9355edit.jpg

continued...
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:22   #189
Senior - BHPian

We were on our way to the Check post
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9357edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9359edit.jpg

We reached the Check Post by 09:45 AM
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_094401edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9369editedit.jpg

Solang Valley Rope way is just near the check post
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9362editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9366editedit.jpg

A temple is also nearby
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9372edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9373edit.jpg

Looks like a pen stock carrying water to a generator somewhere
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9374editedit.jpg

Some trekking routes for you to explore

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9377edit.jpg

After this tunnel road visit, I drove towards Rohtang to show wifey why we did not try to go up there. A little into Rohtang route, it was a messy seen with vehicles parked on both sides and slow moving two way traffic. After reaching the first check post, I turned back. Wifey was like , and me like

I will post the video of this mess, after finding and uploading the same in a while

Our next destination was Vasisht.

continued...
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:53   #190
Senior - BHPian

Our next destination was Vasisht
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_112727edit.jpg

The roads were narrow, so we parked the car at the first parking lot available and walked upwards. It turned out to be a good decision since the road was jammed by a procession. We were lucky that we did not get stuck with the car there.

A procession blocking the road
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_112847edit.jpg

Jam

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_112907edit.jpg

Narrow streets of Vasisht

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113156edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113204edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113332edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113439edit.jpg

Interesting Baby Frocks!!

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113456edit.jpg

We reached Vasisht temple by 11:30 AM
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113616edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113622edit.jpg

continued..
Old 2nd July 2017, 12:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

We then went in search of the Hot water springs
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113858edit.jpg

Colourful

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113900edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113905edit.jpg

A great village
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_113921edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114006edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114010edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114133edit.jpg

Mostly run on tourism

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114235edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114245edit.jpg

Disappointed that all hot water springs were dammed like this

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114303edit.jpg

continued...
Old 2nd July 2017, 12:07   #192
Senior - BHPian

Disappointed with the hot water spring scenario we returned to the temple
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114318edit.jpg

Some pictures of Vasisht Temple
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114507edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114511panoedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114519edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114528panoedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114614edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114637edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114737edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114800edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_114939edit.jpg

It was already noon.

We searched for a good place to have lunch

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_120015_01edit.jpg

continued...
Old 26th July 2017, 19:28   #193
Senior - BHPian

It was time that we had some food, tired from the uninteresting place and crowd, we were on the lookout for a food joint.

World Peace Cafe!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_120230edit.jpg

They had quite a lot of items on the menu, it all looked interesting. So just took the plunge and ordered a few.

Time for Tummy!!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_120248edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_122034edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_125244edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_125322edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_125852edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_130020edit.jpg

Food was good, and the place was quite peaceful to sit down and spend time.

Time stood still here, and we had a great feel for the day.

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_120410edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_121447edit.jpg

Tummies full and off for our next part of the journey
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_132842edit.jpg

continued...
Old 26th July 2017, 19:40   #194
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures of Vasisht before we left
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_132921edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_132951edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133046edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133119edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133140edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133230edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133232edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133423edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_133609_01edit.jpg

continued...
Old 26th July 2017, 19:46   #195
Senior - BHPian

Our next stop was Hadimba Temple and the park behind it
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_140556edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_140944edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9381edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_141234edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_141422edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_141735edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_141849edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142111edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142126edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9383editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142503edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142527edit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-dsc_9394editedit.jpg

Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142642edit.jpg

Girls were pretty amused at the crowd and place!!
Himachal Pradesh: Summer Holidays on the hills, exploring touristy spots & some hidden gems-img_20160506_142708edit.jpg

continued...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks