Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2022, 14:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD

Thanks Samba for this well documented travelogue! The teaser video of the road towards Nelong is quite scary. A short stretch of the road in the video is very narrow and landslide prone. Specially liked the photos of Gartang Gali trek. I very much like such short hikes and this one goes into my wish list. It looks like purvanchal expressway is becoming the default choice when travelling to and from Lucknow Kolkata route. Did you feel it is actually an improvement from the previous route through Varanasi ? Does it have amenities on the way like fuel pump, dhabas, toilet etc ?
Mile_Breaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 20:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Words fall short when someone comes up with pictures like you have Samba. You have just showcased the very best of Uttarakhand through your pictures. Some of the breathtaking shots from the Panchchuli range as seen from Munshiyaari can go into any coffee table book.

You have a penchant for off beat places and this log goes straight into the wish list. Uttarakhand has been on my radar since long and you have made sure that I don’t have to go around searching for properties. Your mention about the places and properties are more than enough here.

Great to see Sukanya sharing your driving duties, I am sure we will now see more pictures from you as can be seen from this log only. Travel becomes a breeze when friends are there and I am sure, you all had a gala time. I envy anyone who goes to Lucknow, in your case you got to the place twice. Looks like the Galawatis and the Kebabs certainly can’t wait, not for me after looking at those salivating pictures. Thanks for sharing the log, enjoyed every bit reading through.

P.S- Can’t rate the log since I am typing from a mobile, but it certainly deserves more than 10 stars.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 22:21   #33

Excellent travelogue and outstanding photographs. A travelogue with detailing like this is a delightful read. This is going to serve as a ready reference for folks planning to visit that part of UK. You know how much I wanted to be a part of this epic journey, but that wasn't possible. Anyways, looking forward to the future adventures with you guys. Rated the well deserved 5 stars.
arghyaheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 10:40   #34
BHPian

Beautifully scripted, and yep, it would be blasphemous to even comment about the photographs. As I was following your journey in Facebook, it actually gave me virtual respite from the sultry Mumbai heat!
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 12:56   #35
BHPian

Have come to a decision - not to use any adjectives for your threads as I have simply run out of them. Please continue to travel and regularly share these masterpieces with us
DriveTrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 00:04   #36
BHPian

Thanks Samba for taking us on an absolutely stunning 'Wallpaper Tour' through Uttarakhand. I could simply go on gazing at those lofty peaks for ages ! The lush green valleys surrounded by the snow capped sentinels look straight out of a fairy tale. After reading this TL, I sincerely want to travel to go on a hike along the 'Garting Gali' trek. Nellong valley looks like a mysterious abode from a different era. Thanks for showcasing the incredible beauty of UK through your lens and words !
5 stars aren't enough for this masterpiece.
Take a bow Samba!
turboNath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:02   #37
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see mountains which were not from Leh / Laddakh region. I prefer my hills / mountains of similar nature with some greenery, hence will prefer Uttarakhand over J&K.

Thanks for sharing Samba, rated it a well deserved 5*.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:12   #38
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue as usual Samba!! So much green was a treat for the eyes. Thank you. Rated 5 stars.
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 21:58   #39
BHPian

First of all congratulations on 50k KMs on your duster. It is really fast even considering so many lockdowns and restrictions during COVID.

Enjoyed every bit of the blogs and amazing pictures. I was seeing that some of the pictures had dark clouds. For me, both Gangotri/Harshil and Munsiyari trip was done in Jan the first week, so your pictures helped me to virtually travel to some common locations in different season .

Yet to write the Harshil/Gangotri trip, will like to upload some pictures with your permission.

Happy to see that people are missing treks with road-trip, I Hope the camping setup will fill your luggage space very soon.

Rates 5*

Last edited by PointZero : 15th June 2022 at 22:01.
PointZero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 00:47   #40
BHPian

As usual, great piece of content with beautiful pictures. Reading the log was like travelling with you guys, as i have there in Uttarakhand many times in last 2 years.

Was hoping to see a snap of duster with the famous panchachuli peaks, no issues, there's always a next time.

The log really reignited my memories of Uttarakhand road trips, sharing few from recent ones.. 🙂

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-img_20211211_14171701.jpeg

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-fb_img_1655318473295.jpg

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-img_20211212_14062701.jpeg

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-img_20211226_1143510101.jpeg
cp171185 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 23:56   #41
BHPian

Exactly a month has passed and I am still reveling from the effect of the trip.

Have marked a few places that call for standalone trips, like Nelong Valley National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Tunganath Trek, Dharchula and if luck permits Mana Pass.

Here is a blog of the same UK trip from my perspective (Uttarakhand : Tracing the rivers)
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 00:21   #42
BHPian

Exceptionally beautiful travelogue, even by “Samba standards”, and that’s saying something!

Engaging and informative (never really thought we can cover both Garhwal and Kumaon together by coming to Chaukori from Auli) and the pictures are truly mesmerising, as always.

I’m sure this will inspire a many more bhpians to explore Garhwal and Kumaon via this route. I myself am inspired and am in love with the resort beside the Mandakini.

Rated 4.5 stars, will add back the 0.5 if we can see the footage of the drive through slush in 4 Lock!
GhostRider28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 02:09   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome log and cracking pictures. Reminds me of my 2015/16 trip to Nelong. The Gartang gali was in shambles and we could only stare at it from a distance. So nice to see it restored and open for the public to enjoy. We stayed at the same house in Harsil. We didn’t encounter any pilgrims since it was off season. My wish to visit Harsil again with some time in hand is still not fulfilled. It is a nice quaint little place still relatively clean on an otherwise busy route. Someday!

Hope the situation improves and people are allowed to explore the beautiful valley again.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 14:35   #44
BHPian

What an amazing TL this has come out to be. The photos are stunning and some of them are just jaw dropping. Thoroughly enjoyed the TL and completed reading at one go. Superb detailed writing as well. Rating a well deserved 5 stars
Safedriver76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 16:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Stunning visuals, Samba, as always a joy to go through your travelogue. Voted a well deserved 5*!!
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks