Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 21:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD

Another well scripted and detailed travel story by none other than Samba! It has all the details needed for travellers going that way or planning to go that way. I am one of them hence sat with a notebook before starting to read the TL.
The pictures have done proper justice to the beautiful place.

I have met Bhpian Arindam_xeta and he is a gem of a person, a great travel partner! I am sure you guys had a great time together.

Yet to meet Bhpian DogNDamsel12 but have heard a lot about her. As far as I can understand from the TL she is also a great travel partner, a good driver and photographer-a perfect combo!

5 stars to the team, 5 stars to the cars, 5 stars for the photos and 5 stars for the TL!
lovecars21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 23:45   #17
BHPian

Re-lived the trip again and almost completed the Kumaon part as well through your narrations, photographs and videos. This was a real long drive after being at home for almost 2 years. I did make a few trips to here and there to North Bengal, Vizag etc. but this was a real test of my driving capabilities after a long time. Roads in Uttarakhand were fabulous to say the least I would encourage all who are contemplating road trips to these parts to have no worries about the road surface it's mostly terrific. No thanks or gesture can express my gratitude to Samba and Sukanya for being so true to the spirit of driving, travelling and friendship, they were always around us. A big shout out to Ankit, through Samba, for taking the timeout to be with us, he came after office to meet us. Ankit too drives a Nexon, a blue one. The worst part of the trip was the split with Samba at Auli, I had a planned hard stop at Auli to head home. I'll be back with a few pictures of mine as soon as possible. 5 stars for the drives, the logs and everything else.
arindam_xeta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 08:34   #18
BHPian

I have fond memories of Kumaon when I was in college. It's a beautiful place indeed.

And as always, your photos have left me speechless to say the least.

Small request: Please let me know when you find any steep and difficult roads/trails. I'll be more than happy to join you on the challenge.

Rated 5 stars! Don't think it deserves any less!
Sandman689 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 10:48   #19
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue, and very nicely put! Devoured the wonderful views! We had been to Uttarakhand long back on a backpack trip including the Corbett, though not driven, and the charm just does not diminish.

Thanks so much for sharing. Recollected lost memories, by the way.

Voted 5 stars!
car-go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 13:45   #20
BHPian

Awesome travelogue and beautiful pictures!
As a Duster AWD owner, curious to know if you are still on stock tyres? Also how is the rear suspension holding up? I will need to get both replaced - now at 40K.
Also , most of the pictures seem to show less littering, fairly clean. Is this a conscious effort from you as a photographer or are these places really cleanly maintained?
Memnon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 14:05   #21

Beautiful Travelogue and mesmerising photos. Loved it. Also it's good that you have 2 cars while travelling such long distances.

Can you help me out about the road conditions in the hills especially Gharwal region in and around/ from Rishikesh to Harsil and beyond upto Munsiyari.

Were all your bookings at GMVN/ KMVN done online?
docenthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 14:47   #22
BHPian

Another awesome detailed tlog. Uttarakhand is a gem, what pictures. I always wanted to know about Munsiyari, Gwaldam side and this helps a lot for planning something similar in future.

Keep piling on the miles and memories Samba. Waiting for the nest tlog now🙂
Yogi..Reeturaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Those are seriously some of the most breathtaking pictures I've seen, wow. Top class choice of destinations, made for a great read.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 16:05   #24
BHPian

What a picturesque travelogue!
Mesmerizing pictures indeed! It reminded me my trip to Uttrakhand 4 years back.
I would like to visit this belt in a motorcycle next time actually. The roads are irresistible for any biker actually.
Rated 5 star to the thread.
Thanks for sharing such a lovely travelogue.

Attaching some snaps from the memory lane from my UK trip !
Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-uk-1.jpg

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-uk-2.jpg

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-uk-3.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 16:24   #25
BHPian

Covering all must see places in one long trip requires lot of planning , luck and courage. It was wonderful of you to cover all stop over points with eating joints on the way . Some photos of mountain tops, meadows , rivers and greenery was breathtaking. All the best for your next trip and many more to drive.
sukhbirST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow. As usual, an excellent travelogue with awesome pics of the mountains and your cars. And you experienced all kinds of weather conditions!

I see you mostly preferring night drives while driving out of Kolkata, any specific reasons?
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 19:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Post dinner we went for a late-night short walk along the Ganges.
Those are some mind boggling night photos of the bridge over Ganges at Rishikesh. Maybe you can also share some specific photography tips for the dummies like us.

In any case, somehow this beautiful travelogue on the Uttarakhand road trip by you, Sukanya, Arindam and family forced me to come out of my post-lockdown slumber to post this comment.

Keep traveling and keep posting.

Cheers,
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 23:26   #28
BHPian

Superb pictures as always. Absolutely mesmerised by the mighty Himalayas. I came assuming this is a TL about your trip to the mountains but was treated to a food blog disguised as a TL.
Burn_out is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 23:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
4,612 km of memories added!
Those are some breathtaking photos of some incredibly beautiful places. Your TLs always have a wealth of information and are great guides for planning a trip, but apart from that what adds the extra dimension is the quality of the photos. While all the photos were uniformly exceptional (have you done some kind of a photography course?) I was especially awestruck by some of the night photos as well as the photos of the clouds over the mountains.

It also must have been a great experience to do the trip with other fellow BHPians Sukanya and Arindam along with your other friends - its always a pleasure to travel with like minded people who live cars and love cars. Wish I could join you on one of your trips, but unfortunately getting leave is always a problem for me. I guess I'll have to make do with reading your awesome travelogues. So please keep those TLs coming!
Neversaygbye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 00:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Another well scripted and detailed travel story by none other than Samba!
Yet to meet Bhpian DogNDamsel12 but have heard a lot about her. As far as I can understand from the TL she is also a great travel partner, a good driver and photographer-a perfect combo!
Thanks a lot. Hope we all meet in the Kolkata Team-Bhp monsoon meet soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
No thanks or gesture can express my gratitude to Samba and Sukanya for being so true to the spirit of driving, travelling and friendship, they were always around us.

The worst part of the trip was the split with Samba at Auli, I had a planned hard stop at Auli to head home.
Thanks Arindam da. Will wait for you to share your part. Indeed the splitting at Auli was the most sad part of our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman689 View Post
Small request: Please let me know when you find any steep and difficult roads/trails. I'll be more than happy to join you on the challenge.

Rated 5 stars! Don't think it deserves any less!
Thanks Sandy. Offroad trails are very limited around Kolkata. Am sure 'Kolkata Off-roaders' will have a monsoon OTR soon. You can join with your mighty V-Cross!
Plus I hope we can soon drive to Sandakphu again, once the problem with the LR association and private car owners get sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
Fantastic travelogue, and very nicely put! Devoured the wonderful views! We had been to Uttarakhand long back on a backpack trip including the Corbett, though not driven, and the charm just does not diminish.

Thanks so much for sharing. Recollected lost memories, by the way.

Voted 5 stars!
Thanks a lot. Corbett is among my favorites. I have been there a couple of times. Even this time I wanted to spare a day in Corbett, but after 15 days, it was tough to extend the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnon View Post
Awesome travelogue and beautiful pictures!
As a Duster AWD owner, curious to know if you are still on stock tyres? Also how is the rear suspension holding up? I will need to get both replaced - now at 40K.
Also , most of the pictures seem to show less littering, fairly clean. Is this a conscious effort from you as a photographer or are these places really cleanly maintained?
Thanks Memnon.

I changed the rear shock-absorbers of my Duster AWD at 40,000 km too.
Tyres were replaced at 41,300 km. I went for Goodyear Wrangler ATs.

You can find all the details of my Duster in my ownership report-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...oint-view.html (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Uttarakhand is clean. I have not edited any pic to make the place look clean. You might not find Haridwar or Rishikesh to be that neat, but once you hit the hills, it's damn clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docenthu View Post

Can you help me out about the road conditions in the hills especially Gharwal region in and around/ from Rishikesh to Harsil and beyond upto Munsiyari.

Were all your bookings at GMVN/ KMVN done online?
The road condition throughout was excellent. You can do this circuit in a low slung sedan too.

The GMVN bookings were done online. This time we have not stayed in any KMVN. We booked the private hotels via 'Make My Trip'. All the bookings were done in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi..Reeturaj View Post

Keep piling on the miles and memories Samba. Waiting for the nest tlog now��
Thanks Reeturaj. Hope to see you soon while visiting NorthEast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Those are seriously some of the most breathtaking pictures I've seen, wow. Top class choice of destinations, made for a great read.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
I would like to visit this belt in a motorcycle next time actually. The roads are irresistible for any biker actually.
Thanks SVK Rider.
Do not delay! Roads in Uttarakhand are like a bikers paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
All the best for your next trip and many more to drive.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

I see you mostly preferring night drives while driving out of Kolkata, any specific reasons?
Thanks a lot.
Actually I prefer night driving from my Bangalore days. I feel the traffic to be much lesser. At night even by driving at lesser speed, one can maintain a much higher average speed, plus the outside temperature is also less compared to day. The car also returns a better mileage. Due to these reasons I prefer driving in night and reach the destination in morning and take rest for the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Those are some mind boggling night photos of the bridge over Ganges at Rishikesh. Maybe you can also share some specific photography tips for the dummies like us.
Thanks a lot. I find the pics shared by you in your travelogues to be beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Superb pictures as always. but was treated to a food blog disguised as a TL.
Thanks a ton!
Visiting Lucknow and not sharing food pics will be a criminal offence! Even now if I type 'G' in my taskbar, Google is showing Galawati Kabab first and then comes Gmail!

Name:  285501487_7859411677463990_2429491437628892060_n.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  73.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
While all the photos were uniformly exceptional (have you done some kind of a photography course?) Wish I could join you on one of your trips, but unfortunately getting leave is always a problem for me. I guess I'll have to make do with reading your awesome travelogues. So please keep those TLs coming!
Thanks a lot. I have not undertaken any particular photography course, but got few good photographers as my mentors, from them I learnt a lot.
If not a big trip, we can always plan a short trip together!

Last edited by Samba : 12th June 2022 at 00:51.
Samba is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks