Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 17:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

@Jango - Brilliant depiction !!

@Sam - enjoying very much. Awaiting the Agra part !!
Old 10th April 2008, 17:56   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I thought they were your brother's kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sam, I think Zak is suggesting that he will get married when jenny next visits. Right Zak? :-)
NavinJi definitely is on a naughty mood today!

Oh my goodness!
What a day this has been? I've kept my phone online all the way till Cochin and went thru the whole thread again on my PC as soon as I reached home.

Keep it up! Sam! The One!!! Keep it up! (After your work, I mean!)

Last edited by speedzak : 10th April 2008 at 18:09.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:58   #108
BHPian

Nice pics and great write ups. Sam and Jenny, both of you are doing just great. As I saw the pics, I realised how many interesting sights there are around us in this city we live in that we overlook just because we see them everyday. Like the hill people who do not understand why we tourists gawk at mountains, clouds and valleys. I am already waiting eagerly for your Delhi trip log.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

It's going great Sam and the One. Come on, make a fast move and write the next episode.It's always so fun to read your blogs.I wish I could learn the art of writing ;-)
Old 10th April 2008, 20:10   #110
BHPian

The wait is killing me!!! TheOne, Sam, please continue.. I have a meeting to attend and cant read the posts till later tonight...
Old 10th April 2008, 20:15   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

lol, go for your meeting baba. Forgive me but I think I will wait for her to return to the computer before I continue with the next episode in Delhi.

I am as impatient to continue as you are to read. Please bear with me.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It's called Idli and Vada. The Idli is made by shoving dough under your armpit. The vada is made by...
But she does not believe me. Dammit.
hahahahahahahahahaahahaha
I am never going to Eat Idli Vada again.. Wait.. Only the ones that you offer..
Jeez.

Goddy
Old 10th April 2008, 20:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Hi Sam, a little bit of contribution from my end on using the indian toilet. Hope it helps ...
Jango, this is brilliant - I had to laugh so much!

Quote:
Day 3 in India. It's a Sunday...
HEY, you already continued!!! Not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Awaiting the Agra part !!
Patience, we will get there on day 5! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Keep it up! Sam! The One!!! Keep it up! (After your work, I mean!)
Ja, finished work though it was all about doing pictures for you guys haha. Went to the Car & Sound, loaded with my little camera and shot one picture after another of cars, woofer, speakers and girls for you! Soon to come on Team BHP

Now I will concentrate on day 3 myself first lol. Since Sam already went on!
TheOne® is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2008, 21:22   #114
BHPian

Day 3 is a relaxing slow day! Super and just what I need.

We sleep in, yeah, get up, watch the kids dancing and joking for a bit - so sweet - and go to Mocha for breakfast. Aaaaaah, that is life - feels like being in a little oasis in the middle of town. The menu is so great, I cannot decide and end up with so much food, tea and milkshake that I can hardly move anymore afterwards. Sam only shakes his head lol.

After that we drive to "Kapasi home" a sweet little house - though as all the others, it needs some female touch in it hehehe. Sam, just a joke!

The Aga Khan Palace is my first palace to see. It is small and we cannot go far inside but it looks great. A lot of history about Mahatma Gandhi displayed, quite interesting.

Another thing I also enjoy about Pune is the many green places, trees etc. This and the different architecture to Mumbai - the tendency to keep buildings low and not have those many high-risers - make it a more open place - it seems a bit more free and wider to me. I like that.

In the afternoon we visit Sam's German friend. He is very nice, sweet and funny. It is a visit full of interesting stories and laughter. He's got the same great passion for Africa as I do, something that is reflected in his apartment as well, though he managed a bit better than I did lol.

With quite some delay we say goodbye and drive back to Mumbai, Sam driving again lol. We reach Mumbai at about 8 pm and have dinner. Paneer!!! Yes, that is something I love - couldn't stop eating. It was made with spinach and God knows what - and I had to learn how to eat with Rooti and my fingers! I am still no expert in that but I manage! We also have some Dal and rice and self-made joghurt. The amount of food one has at home for dinner truly amazes me! In Germany I would have been really fine with just one of all those dishes!

We chill out with Sam's Dad for a bit more after dinner before this day is also over. Time is running by fast, sniff.
TheOne® is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2008, 21:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Went to the Car & Sound, loaded with my little camera and shot one picture after another of cars, woofer, speakers and girls for you! Soon to come on Team BHP
Now, I know why you guys are a perfect match.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:27   #116
Senior - BHPian

Very nice, what a nice travelogue for us guys!! Pity, we couldn't meet in Delhi.

Anyway, next time Jenny! Good to know you had fun in India!
Old 10th April 2008, 21:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango
Hi Sam, a little bit of contribution from my end on using the indian toilet. Hope it helps ...
this is heights ... i hope mods dont get into action.
Quote:
106 posts and almost 2900 views in 1 and a half day!!

Looks like this travelogue is going to be a record breaker. Thank you for the appreciation and the chance to share our pleasure with you. This is super fun!
this is supposed to be a Yeti Blog. isnt it???
Quote:
Ja, finished work though it was all about doing pictures for you guys haha. Went to the Car & Sound, loaded with my little camera and shot one picture after another of cars, woofer, speakers and girls for you! Soon to come on Team BHP
thank you very much, eagerly waiting for those pics.

BTW, what does your signature mean??

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 10th April 2008 at 21:53.
Old 10th April 2008, 22:39   #118
BHPian

Day 4:

A day in Bombay, Sam needs to work a little as well, for him it is not only holiday. I decide to accompany him to the office, after all I already know a few people as they are also kind of my colleagues, so I guess I will have a good time. I also want to write down a few impressions etc etc.

Sam's office is in the old business district of Mumbai as far as I understood. Traffic is heavy, it takes some time until we are there. I am just happy about the air con in the car, too hot outside. I watch the city again, this great hustle bustle - people everywhere, cows again - I still cannot believe it.

Actually cows were my favourite targets for pictures lol. Everybody started to tease me about it.

Sam has a great office. They just moved buildings recently and I saw pictures of it but it looks even better in real. It is a very creative and well-designed office, a lot of attention having been paid to even the smallest details, brilliant. One thing I have to get used to though is that there are hardly any windows anywhere. Something impossible in Germany! To reach Sam's cabin you have to climb some spiral stairs and there you are lol. His territory!
Everyone looks at me curiously when we enter the office, many have seen a huge version of my face on his screen already haha - so here is the real Jenny. After spending some time with his MD and son, both well-known to me, I greet myself through the office and different faces. Sam's busy working and catching up, I do my thing.

A new dish is served for me for lunch: Idli!
Sorry guys, it had to happen at some point: I did NOT enjoy that.

So, Sam goes on working for a bit more after that and then we leave, having to buy and organise a few things. It begins to become dark outside already, people crowd together, there is music on the street and lots of laughter.

We are supposed to meet two friends of Sam's for dinner but we are quite late. We hurry back to the apartment, change, call them and are out again! We meet at a Portuguese club in Bandra, quite a nice one. The three of them have some really spicy food - I have my chicken and veggies

Speaking of chicken, there is another thing I had to struggle with a bit: while I usually like chicken, I do not eat it all the time! In Germany I go through chicken, lamb, beef, pork, turkey, or even wildboar and deer (I am a hunter's daughter hehe). Most of that is missing on the Indian menues, it is mostly only chicken (apart from fish maybe). I was explained the reasons for that coming from the different religions and I understand perfectly well, still it was very unusual for me.

Back to our evening: nice dinner, good talks - I really enjoyed myself - and a relaxed atmosphere. Afterwards Sam takes me for a stroll along the seaside until we reach some nice little coffee shop where we bring the evening to an end.

Next morning we have to catch a flight to Delhi!
TheOne® is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2008, 22:42   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
BTW, what does your signature mean??
All explained in my introduction thread lol! But here again: it basically means that there are more important things in life than to constantly increase its speed!
Old 10th April 2008, 23:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a hunter's daughter hehe.
So when does the YetiHunt® begin?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks